DE40LFR

New Flyer Industries Discussion and Photos

19 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

I think that's a touchy subject.

Personally, I prefer to interact with a human who'd be driving the bus, not a computer. My opinion. Though I think many would agree.

Depends on the computer interface ;)

futurama-bender-vector-character-800x566

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It appears that San Diego MTS is negotiating with New Flyer to buy 6 Xcelsior charge buses for a trial to see how the technology will work for them. This is alongside getting a grant for 11 Electric artics for use on Route 925.

• Like 1

New Flyer has announced TransLink has placed an order for 11 XN60s.

https://www.newflyer.com/2018/06/translink-meets-increased-demand-for-sustainable-transportation-in-bc-with-new-flyer/

EDIT: The article has since been corrected to state there are 11 XDE60s on order, not 11 XN60 for Vancouver.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For the CNG, when and why was the XC__ renamed the XN__? Was it not to confuse with the electric XE? 

Also is there a valid source I can link to that reflects the change from XC to XN?

19 minutes ago, Express691 said:

For the CNG, when and why was the XC__ renamed the XN__? Was it not to confuse with the electric XE? 

Also is there a valid source I can link to that reflects the change from XC to XN?

I think it is to distinguish it from Volvo's crossovers with the XC (Cross Country) prefix.

1 hour ago, ABQ RIDE said:

I think it is to distinguish it from Volvo's crossovers with the XC (Cross Country) prefix.

Why in the world would anyone ever confuse those two products?

2 hours ago, Express691 said:

When the XN60 prototype made its debut, someone on here took a picture of the build sticker which said XC60. If you go back far enough in this thread, you might be able to see it.

• Like 1

Elk Grove Transit 2011 New Flyer C40LFRs at the Cosumnes River College Light Rail Station, Sacramento, California. (Taken with an iPhone 6S)

image.jpg?width=768&height=576

image.jpg?width=768&height=576

Love riding these babies!

• Like 1