New Flyer Industries Discussion and Photos

DE40LFR

There's some more Brampton Zum buses up at New Flyer. Also 1 HSR and 1 VIVA D40LF's. There is also a weird looking Excelsior style bus. It looked like a regular Excelsior but there was a hump at the front that is much like the D40i.

There's some more Brampton Zum buses up at New Flyer. Also 1 HSR and 1 VIVA D40LF's. There is also a weird looking Excelsior style bus. It looked like a regular Excelsior but there was a hump at the front that is much like the D40i.

Excuse me??? VIVA D40LF???? do you mean YRT??

I know I keep asking about pictures, but any to share?? lol

Yes, they almost look the same.

ok... i was just suprised, because there was talk of viva getting 5 D40LF®s to help out with our bus shortage.... Flyers because the quick turn around time to build.... but I havent said anything because it was jus talk at the time....

ok... i was just suprised, because there was talk of viva getting 5 D40LF®s to help out with our bus shortage.... Flyers because the quick turn around time to build.... but I havent said anything because it was jus talk at the time....

Going to wait and see till the time comes. The YRT D40LFR will not be deliver till August.

A contact of mine sent me some shots of a new Zum bus in the Brampton garage, it sure looks nice! He also mentioned he's seen it driving around Brampton a few times.

They are slowly deliver right now, of course it's sitting at the garage before September.

Did the HSR D40LF look like it was ready for delivery? Did you catch the fleet number? Do you have a picture? Haha sorry busrider.. :P

Haha BusRider... FINALLY went to New Flyer! :P I'm surprised of the VIVA D40LF® as they are ordering Nova LFX's (last time I checked). I should scope it out next time!

Did the HSR D40LF look like it was ready for delivery? Did you catch the fleet number? Do you have a picture? Haha sorry busrider.. :D
It looked like it was ready for delivery. The only thing it was missing was the wheels. There wasn't any fleet numbers on it though. As for pictures, expect them to be uploaded on Tuesday.
Haha BusRider... FINALLY went to New Flyer! :P I'm surprised of the VIVA D40LF® as they are ordering Nova LFX's (last time I checked). I should scope it out next time!
It wasn't a VIVA D40LF it was a YRT D40LF. (I get the two confused a lot.)

It looked like it was ready for delivery. The only thing it was missing was the wheels. There wasn't any fleet numbers on it though. As for pictures, expect them to be uploaded on Tuesday.

It wasn't a VIVA D40LF it was a YRT D40LF. (I get the two confused a lot.

Was both YRT and HSR both D40LF with the old design? Or was it with the LFR design?

Here's some pictures.

(And if anyone wants more, just PM me)

Thanks for posting it. 1st photo is an Excesior diesel.

This consortium order option is pretty much the guys are sticking the very last old ends before the 2010 EPA kicks in.

noooooooo............ tryn to squeeze every last penny.... gosh...retire the d40lf already... tho i am curious to know the numbering for this years yrt lfs...1001-1019?? prob the same specs as the 9xx rite? i wonder how much more a xd40lf is compared to the normal lfs?

noooooooo............ tryn to squeeze every last penny.... gosh...retire the d40lf already... tho i am curious to know the numbering for this years yrt lfs...1001-1019?? prob the same specs as the 9xx rite? i wonder how much more a xd40lf is compared to the normal lfs?

The hell knows.

Whats the bus in the third picture for? It's got the same roofline as the SEPTA DE40LFR's, so I'm guessing it's a hybrid.

Chris Cassidy

It's a hybrid, somewhere in the US.

After checking the photos more carefully, it's for San Antonio, TX.

Edited by general682002

It's a hybrid, somewhere in the US.

After checking the photos more carefully, it's for San Antonio, TX.

Are you sure?? San Antonio has a white, orange, blue, and purple colour scheme on there buses. Are they making a change? Also, I know that they were taking a good look at the Xcelsior a while back from pictures Ive seen on Flickr. Did they decide to go with the LFR instead, or are thay getting LFR now, and XDE later???

EDIT: From looking at Flickr, that LFR is indeed for VIA in San Antonio. They have actually already taken delievery of a few of these very recently. Surprisingly, they have rear mounted AC, which is not 2010 compliant. These buses are for VIA's express service. They have overhead lights and racks.See this image on Flickr.

Also about the Blue Xcelsior, with the "hump". All Xcelsiors have that hump, and then the roof rails take over (See my picture below). Even if its a diesel, I believe it will still recieve the roof rails because of its roof mounted AC. The enclosure for it is quite ugly, so Im pretty sure that bus will eventually get rails.

Also the YRT and HSR buses are probably 2009 spec because when the Ontario Consortium ordered them, they probably didn't participate in NFI's 2010 engine pre-buy program.

XDE40_hump_highlighted.jpg

Also the YRT and HSR buses are probably 2009 spec because when the Ontario Consortium ordered them, they probably didn't participate in NFI's 2010 engine pre-buy program.

TA has to put an order in time before the major changes, an example the engine has to be place an order to build before it's no longer offering because of the 2010 EPA.

TA has to put an order in time before the major changes, an example the engine has to be place an order to build before it's no longer offering because of the 2010 EPA.

EPA's regs don't take effect until August. Provided that construction of the vehicle is "substantially complete" by July 31st, there is no need to meet the EPA2010 regulations.

Then there's the issue of Canada's regs versus the EPA in the US - I don't know if they take effect at the same time or not, although we are supposedly to be following the US regulations step-for-step.

Dan