New Flyer Industries Discussion and Photos

DE40LFR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Real quick, the buses featured on the 2017 New Flyer Calendar (if not posted already)

January: Connect Transit (Bloomington) XD40 1502
February: NYC MTA XD60 5388
March: Dallas DART Express XN40 43001
April: Foothill Transit XN40 2428
May: GoWest Transit MiDi 62
June: Waukesha Metro XD35 167
July: Torrance Transit XN40 350
August: London Transit XD40 371
September: Miami-Dade County XDE60 16507
October: Omnitrans XN40 1289
November: SF Muni 7241
December: TheBus (Hawaii) XDE60 184
January 2018: ABQ Ride XN40 605
Cover:: XDE60 Demo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Forgive the bluntness of the question, but is New Flyer considering a new model release in the near future? The XD has been with us for 10 years now. Are they planning a cycle similar to the D series? Meaning adding an R variant for 5-6 more years and then a new release? 

Credit to New Flyer, both the "Restyled" D series and the Xcelsior looked like they were designed yesterday and still look brand new these days. 

4 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

Forgive the bluntness of the question, but is New Flyer considering a new model release in the near future? The XD has been with us for 10 years now. Are they planning a cycle similar to the D series? Meaning adding an R variant for 5-6 more years and then a new release? 

Credit to New Flyer, both the "Restyled" D series and the Xcelsior looked like they were designed yesterday and still look brand new these days. 

Absolutely. The Xcelsiors look like so unique, it was the star of this goofy photovideobombing incident:

Maybe Xcelsior sales are about to see a similar boom - NFI be warned...!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Chinese Daniel said:

I just joking. But New Flyer now have MCI, SETRA north america. NABI , Orion , PLUS the Arboc,  NewFlyer almost more than half in North America transit market.

They've had almost half of the North American market for the past 15 or so years. If anything, Nova's inroads in the past 5 years have been at the expense of New Flyer.

Dan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smallspy said:

They've had almost half of the North American market for the past 15 or so years. If anything, Nova's inroads in the past 5 years have been at the expense of New Flyer.

Dan

For some reason,Nova Always get very small order, Prevost also make very small number's bus for a year. 

37 minutes ago, Chinese Daniel said:

For some reason,Nova Always get very small order, Prevost also make very small number's bus for a year. 

I don't know about that... TTC has big orders.... the Quebec and Montreal I'm sure are large orders... 

BC Transit has done large orders of Nova's, Translink is potentially getting 100+ Novas.

The only large New Flyer orders in Canada right now are Translink, Edmonton, and Winnipeg. It also depends upon what you consider "large". For a 1000 bus operation like Edmonton or Calgary you only need to replace about 50 buses per year if you're running a 18 year life cycle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Don't forget that Nova has a big client pool in the US. MTA alone has ordered over 1000 LFS' since 2009, and I'm not even noting the hundreds of RTS' they had. CTA has ordered over 800, and that's a small fraction of American operators. And these orders were all around 80-100+ per year. 

Mind you, New Flyer hasn't been no small customer for the MTA...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MiWay0310 said:

Don't forget that Nova has a big client pool in the US. MTA alone has ordered over 1000 LFS' since 2009, and I'm not even noting the hundreds of RTS' they had. CTA has ordered over 800, and that's a small fraction of American operators. And these orders were all around 80-100+ per year. 

Mind you, New Flyer hasn't been no small customer for the MTA...

And Philly.

• Thanks 1

The VINs for OCTA's 2006 and 2007 New Flyer C40LFRs have not been added to the CPTDB Wiki yet as of right now. I tried to let the editors recognize the VINs and add them onto the wiki through the content changes and additions topic on the forum but no one managed to put them on the articles yet. The builders' plates on these buses are supposedly located on the left side of the bus next to the front window, which prevents me from looking closely at the builder's plates on these buses at most times. The website www.autocheck.com may guarantee these serials listed below as 2007 model New Flyer C40LFR buses only if the first 11 digits of the VINs are included.

VIN 5FYC5FP1?6C0????? is OCTA unit 5501, built in September 2006

VINs 5FYC5FP1?7C030312-5FYC5FP1?7C030390 are OCTA units 5502-5580, built between March to July 2007

VIN 5FYC5FB167C031723 is OCTA unit 7529, built in May 2007

VINs 5FYC5FP1?7C032165-5FYC5FP1?7C032259 are OCTA units 5581-5599 and 5601-5674, built from August 2007 to December 2007

VINs 5FYC5FP1?7C032272-5FYC5FP1?7C032300 are OCTA units 7501-7528, built in January 2008