New Flyer Industries Discussion and Photos

DE40LFR

Is Winnipeg getting any after the 2011 D40LFRs come in?

Winnipeg has a multi-year contract with New Flyer. I think it was a 10-year deal and there is still a year or two to go. I don't know exactly how it works since the quantity and model of buses can change from year-to-year, but there seems to be a basic annual order of 30+ buses.

Winnipeg has been quite consistent in buying new buses every year for many years now.

Just out of curiosity, what are those additional lower body side panels on some of the Xcelsior buses for? Easy maintenance? And is it a new standard or just optional at this point? =O

Yes, to replace the damaged lower skirt with a new one!

Kay. Just curious. I thought they were present for easy maintenance of mechanical parts underneath, although that wouldn't make sense at all on second thought since the engine and transmission are at the back!

Anyway, it seems like a good option that more urban places (and therefore places most at risk for bumps and scrapes) may use in the future. (edits TransLink fictional paperbus accordingly)

Kay. Just curious. I thought they were present for easy maintenance of mechanical parts underneath, although that wouldn't make sense at all on second thought since the engine and transmission are at the back!
In my opinion, those panels give the bus a bit more style too. I think Mississauga's look good with those panels.

171008-1455mt0909.jpg

Has anyone seen any progress on the XC60 demo unit?

Sometime last week, I did see an XDE60 being towed southbound on Winston Churchill Boulivard. It had full rails on both halves of the bus. It could've easily been mistaken for an XC60, unless if both XDE and the XC are meant to be designed the same way..?

Sometime last week, I did see an XDE60 being towed southbound on Winston Churchill Boulivard. It had full rails on both halves of the bus. It could've easily been mistaken for an XC60, unless if both XDE and the XC are meant to be designed the same way..?

I'm not sure of any XDE60 in existence. But so far, all that I know of is a XC60.

Has anyone seen any FairFax connector XD40's yet. I know some of ya here got pics of them i saw, but can anybody get more shots? And MTA Maryland are receiving an order of XDE40's, if you can spot those try and get the best pics you can! Pleasse Thank you!!

Yep! I heard something about that. But I didn't want to say anything on here.

It's not settled yet. There are negotiations underway between the MTHA and the current owners. The transfer of ownership was proposed by the current owners.

• 3 weeks later...
Looking at Google Street view and came across this at the Flyer office on deBates

Isn't this a Nova Bus?

bus_at_flyer.JPG

Capture2.JPG

That's the Den Oudsten X98 lightweight bus. It was developed with Fokker in 1998. It was acquired by New Flyer after Den Oudsten's bancrupcy in 2001, I believe.