New Flyer Industries Discussion and Photos

DE40LFR

OK... not at the plant, but definately post worthy!

I JUST spotted a X?60 Mule, on a flatbed trailer, on the side of Highway 400 near Wonderland (king city)

could not tell if it was the CNG one or annother one, but it was all white, and the two parts were not connected.

Interesting! Wondering what it would be doing out there... :P

Anyways.. finally found my memory card USB plug thing... so I finally got these pictures

Just a warning that these pictures are 3 weeks old!

DSC00547.JPG

DSC00548.JPG

DSC00549.JPG

DSC00550.JPG

DSC00551.JPG

DSC00552.JPG

DSC00553.JPG

DSC00554.JPG

DSC00555.JPG

Interesting! Wondering what it would be doing out there... :P

Anyways.. finally found my memory card USB plug thing... so I finally got these pictures

Just a warning that these pictures are 3 weeks old.

Those Fairfax Xcelsiors look awesome! I've always liked how they paint their buses.

• 4 weeks later...
Looks like New Flyer's deal with Girardin in Quebec paid off. Up to 27 XD40s will be built for Sorel, Quebec. Its a small order, but these will be the first New Flyers in Quebec since 1970.

Check out the story.

Anyone been up to the plant recently?

Should be interesting as Sorel are now going to run their own transit system!

Yep. Photos. :D

attachment=32352:Wknd_201...BHA_268r.png]

attachment=32353:Wknd_201...BHA_269r.png]

attachment=32354:Wknd_201...BHA_275r.png]

Bonus:

attachment=32355:Wknd_201...BHA_290r.png]

:lol::) These pics are GREAT!!!! I see miWAY, and WMATA, but any idea who that green and silver LFR is for?

Also, from looking at the close up of the miWAY, it doesn't appear to have a rear window from that angle. Did you get a better idea of whether or not it did?

:D:lol: These pics are GREAT!!!! I see miWAY, and WMATA, but any idea who that green and silver LFR is for?

Also, from looking at the close up of the miWAY, it doesn't appear to have a rear window from that angle. Did you get a better idea of whether or not it did?

From other images I've seen, I can confirm they do not have a rear window, nor the skylight roof hatches. Glad they stuck with frameless windows though.

The Green and Silver unit is likely for Valley Metro.

:D:lol: These pics are GREAT!!!! I see miWAY, and WMATA, but any idea who that green and silver LFR is for?

No rear window on MiWay's Xcelsiors. The green bus is for Valley Metro.

From other images I've seen, I can confirm they do not have a rear window, nor the skylight roof hatches. Glad they stuck with frameless windows though.

The Green and Silver unit is likely for Valley Metro.

No rear windows for the MiWay Xcelsiors.

NO SKYLIGHTS? That's the best part........ :D

I do keep wondering why certain TA's avoid rear windows though. It's like they don't want any light to get inside.... I know that's been an theme with Mississauga since at least the '80s.

I do keep wondering why certain TA's avoid rear windows though. It's like they don't want any light to get inside.... I know that's been an theme with Mississauga since at least the '80s.

I personally got no idea what miWAY does for transit advertising, but a nice big flat surface on the rear of the bus is great for ads.

Chris Cassidy

Over the life of a bus, it is much more likely to have to replace a rear window than it is to replace a flat piece of fiberglass, FRP or sheet metal.

Dan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Caught these two at the New Flyer plant Saturday July 30th. They appear to be Xcelsiors (guessing by the five-sided last window). They are white with a yellow/green/blue stripe. Who are they for?

Windsor, they're getting 5.