Sign in to follow this  
WpgBusDriver

Xcelsior Pictures

A couple pictures of the Xcelsior bus running around the streets of Winnipeg. Supposed to be testing them in regular service next month.

xselsior_dash.jpg

Xcelsior2.jpg

Would You know when and what routes it would be on??! I wanna get photos and videos as soon as I can!! Im excited!! <_<

EDIT: Great Pics BTW!!! :)

And what colour is this bus on the exterior. I know that NFI completed a new XDE40 bus last month. There are a few pictures of it on delivery to NFI's Winnipeg plant. It was white, and had the window at the back, as this one does. And the area around the window looks pretty good.

Cant wait to ride these in Brampton!!!! September...come to me...LOL

And what colour is this bus on the exterior. I know that NFI completed a new XDE40 bus last month. There are a few pictures of it on delivery to NFI's Winnipeg plant. It was white, and had the window at the back, as this one does. And the area around the window looks pretty good.

Cant wait to ride these in Brampton!!!! September...come to me...LOL

Actually caught a glimpse of it this morning... It's blue! The white one might very well be Brampton's!! <_<

Heres a pic of it from another topic:

http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?act=attach&a...st&id=21618

This one is blue (I've seen around out of service too).

Weekday 60-1 and 16-2 are both slated for test buses in the spring schedule change which starts in 4 weeks.

Saturday 10-2

Sunday 16-1

With the exception of 16-2 on weekdays, I believe the other runs are the same as were slated for this change.

Actually caught a glimpse of it this morning... It's blue! The white one might very well be Brampton's!! <_<

Heres a pic of it from another topic:

http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?act=attach&a...st&id=21618

Weekday 60-1 and 16-2 are both slated for test buses in the spring schedule change which starts in 4 weeks.

Saturday 10-2

Sunday 16-1

With the exception of 16-2 on weekdays, I believe the other runs are the same as were slated for this change.

Looking good. I just wish NFI would keep the buses clean...LOL. And you may be right. The white one may well be Brampton's. Apparently we're supposed to recieve our first one sometime over the next month or so... (quiet apprehension)...

Looking good. I just wish NFI would keep the buses clean...LOL. And you may be right. The white one may well be Brampton's. Apparently we're supposed to recieve our first one sometime over the next month or so... (quiet apprehension)...

How? It's still winter man!

Saturday 10-2

Sunday 16-1

There is a 3rd run also during the week. 29-4 (I think that is the run number)

60 - 1 is a work bus then a 60 all day.

16-2 is a work bus, 1 trip 29 City Hall, 2 trips Ness, 2 or 3 trips 21 St Charles, then it goes to a 16 and I think an Express

Not sure what the 29 is

Actually caught a glimpse of it this morning... It's blue!

I've heard its just a blue vinyl wrap and its white underneath. I would think when Winnipeg Transit get it they will probably take the wrap off and put on some other decals like they did with the articulated on.

Apparently it talks too. When the rear door is activated a female voice says "Rear door is activated" or something similar

Looking good. I just wish NFI would keep the buses clean...LOL.

They've been on the road 24/7 lately so it would be pretty hard to keep clean right now

There is a 3rd run also during the week. 29-4 (I think that is the run number)

60 - 1 is a work bus then a 60 all day.

16-2 is a work bus, 1 trip 29 City Hall, 2 trips Ness, 2 or 3 trips 21 St Charles, then it goes to a 16 and I think an Express

Not sure what the 29 is

Im sorry... What is a work bus??? An extra run?? :S

I've heard its just a blue vinyl wrap and its white underneath. I would think when Winnipeg Transit get it they will probably take the wrap off and put on some other decals like they did with the articulated on.

I dont like the decals on 998!! I hope the Excelsior is not like it!!

Apparently it talks too. When the rear door is activated a female voice says "Rear door is activated" or something similar

Oooo... that sounds fancy, just like WMATA. That would get a little repetitive and annoying over a period of time though!! :P

Ohh goodness, this is getting exciting. When exactly are these bus running. I'm heading to Winnipeg on spring break for curling, but I will be riding in my spare time.

Im sorry... What is a work bus??? An extra run?? :S

Employee bus - intended to get bus drivers to and from work overnight. General public that knows about them rides too.

Employee bus - intended to get bus drivers to and from work overnight. General public that knows about them rides too.

So how do you know when they come?? Are they posted on online schedules or by bustxt?? Is the excelsior even traceable with the Bustxt system??

So how do you know when they come?? Are they posted on online schedules or by bustxt?? Is the excelsior even traceable with the Bustxt system??

Work buses are not in the regular schedule system since they aren't regular routes. Only paper schedules exist for them and it's not available to the general public.

As for the test Excelsior buses, I suppose once they are assigned numbers in the system they should be traceable.

Ohh goodness, this is getting exciting. When exactly are these bus running. I'm heading to Winnipeg on spring break for curling, but I will be riding in my spare time.

I think not until the next change which I think starts April 11. Even then it'll be a hit and miss as to when or what run they will be on. And then again if the bus needs further testing by Flyer, Transit may not even get it. The original plan was to start testing in Feb but problems with the bus prevented that from happening

hmmm that interior pic looks so much like the specs of the 9xx YRT buses.... touch tape only... same seats.... ooo maybe its a YRT bus in disguise !!! ...

wishful thinking.... sigh...

hmmm that interior pic looks so much like the specs of the 9xx YRT buses.... touch tape only... same seats.... ooo maybe its a YRT bus in disguise !!! ...

wishful thinking.... sigh...

But than again with the wishful thinking, if it's anything like StAT those seats are deceptively soft. :P

Saw Excelsior on its testing today... I dont know if its on a particular schedule right now... but it was at KP at 18:30 going towards downtown. This might give a clue to when and where you might expect it... maybe?? <_<

Maybe it's going to be on the 45.

It could be... When I saw it was traveling Westbound on Regent passing Panet and passing Stapon meaning it was running on a "mock" 47 at the time.

A couple pictures of the Xcelsior bus running around the streets of Winnipeg. Supposed to be testing them in regular service next month.

Nice pics! Looks like NF is starting to copy GILLIG and NABI with the step seating on the driver's side. I like the angled step too. Also I heard the MVTA is trying to schedule an Xcelsior demonstrator for a visit this summer, nothing definite though.

Nice pics! Looks like NF is starting to copy GILLIG and NABI with the step seating on the driver's side. I like the angled step too. Also I heard the MVTA is trying to schedule an Xcelsior demonstrator for a visit this summer, nothing definite though.

NFI seats have always been located flush with the top of that platform, just sideways. The fuel tank is under there. You can even see the bottom of it from outside an LF/R. For the XDE, it looks like NFI changed the size/shape of the tank so those seats could be forward facing. I would hazard a guess that this new tank shape is the reason for that angled step up to the rear deack...