Sign in to follow this  
The Crazy Hybrid

Bit of a site idea

do not know if this is the right place but

ive seen many fourms do this and its kinda a good idea

make a Public chatbox within the site for users to chat together at any given time

do not know if this is the right place but

ive seen many fourms do this and its kinda a good idea

make a Public chatbox within the site for users to chat together at any given time

I've seen that too, one that springs to mind is District Daves forum, on the London Underground. Although I admit I never applied to use it from what I understand you have to be approved by a mod, and be in good standing, ie no recent issues on the board.

I've seen that too, one that springs to mind is District Daves forum, on the London Underground. Although I admit I never applied to use it from what I understand you have to be approved by a mod, and be in good standing, ie no recent issues on the board.

i would say here

the rooms could be province based

and anybody can get on any area or maybe just make one open for help and to get on the others you have to be on for a week or make 20 posts

i would say here

the rooms could be province based

and anybody can get on any area or maybe just make one open for help and to get on the others you have to be on for a week or make 20 posts

I think it's too much if it's province based. I think it's better one ChatBox on the Board Index, much better IMO....

This would be great, I hope the admins will be able to do this.

I know many forums that have had failed attempts. Not with the users, with the programming.

Personally, I think having MSN would be enough... every now and then group convos strike up, which appear to be mostly what you're describing.

and for those that don't use msn? Or know others msn addy's?? I still don't know how much the feature would be used, I'm just saying to look at all angles.

This concept was brought up a few years back, and disposed of for a multitude of reasons, mainly being the existence of chat software that virtually every member uses. There are also various pluses to said software:

- NOT using CPTDB bandwidth

- Ability to block annoying or unwanted members

- Ability to send files and share photos, again without using CPTDB bandwidth