RailBus63

Centro (Central New York RTA)

Effective: 6/26 New Schedules | Service Changes

- Syracuse Service Changes

Enhancements

Sy 10: The 210 trips have been rescheduled to operate the 110 route.
Sy 10: The 310 trips have been rescheduled to operate the 410 route.
Sy 16: The 11:40 pm trip from the Hub will now operate into the RTC.
Sy 20: Some 223 trips in both directions that did not go to Walmart now do so. An online schedule is available for advanced viewing and specific details.
Sy 30: Some 530 trips in both directions that did not go to Wegmans now do so. An online schedule is available for advanced viewing and specific details.
Sy 54: Permanent route change to cover Seneca Turnpike, S. Salina St, Bernardine Apts and Valley Plaza. An online schedule is available for advanced viewing and specific details.
Sy 64: The 66 route will now be renumbered and named 364 Grand Ave – Western Lights.
Sy 64: The 166 route will now be renumbered and named 464 Grand Ave – Western Lights.
Sy 82: The 11:55 am and 2:220 pm weekday trips from the Hub to Baldwinsville will deviate to Lakeview Park.
Sy 82: The NEW 682 Lakeview Park - Fairgrounds route will operate on Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. This is an experimental seasonal service. An online schedule is available for advanced viewing and specific details.
Sy 84: Minor correction to the printed schedule now include Saturday coverage to Orchard Estates.

Reductions

None at this time.

Time Adjustments

Sy 48: Minor time adjustments were made to all trips.
Sy 74: Minor time adjustments were made on trips heading to the Hub.

Other

Sy 26: The 28 route will now be numbered as the 426 route.
Sy 26: The 128 route will now be numbered as the 526 route.
Sy 74: There is a minor change to the 374 routing at Township 5.

- Utica Service Changes

Enhancements

None at this time.

Reductions

None at this time.

Time Adjustments

Ut 11: Trips to the Hub have minor adjustments.

Other

Ut 11: Routing near the end of line has changed to operate from Main St, left on Glendale Pl, right on Oriskany Blvd, right on Main St extension.

- Oswego / Fulton / Mexico Service Changes

Enhancements

Ful 5: Route will be changed to cover the W. Broadway (Route 3) commercial corridor and Bullhead Point. The new routing will now cover major time points along the route in a new way. After leaving Towpath Towers the bus will operate to Price Chopper, Fulton Mills, Bullhead Point, Fulton Commons, and Walmart. An online schedule is available for advanced viewing and specific details.

Ful 4 and Mex 3: Routes have minor route changes at Towpath Towers due to the Ful 5 route change.

Reductions

None at this time.

Time Adjustments

None at this time. 

- Auburn Service Changes

Enhancements

None at this time.

Reductions

None at this time.

Time Adjustments

Aub 1, Aub 2, Aub 3 and Aub 4 trips before 2:30 pm have been shifted back 5 minutes. This recovery time will be used to keep trips on time. An online schedule is available for advanced viewing and specific details.

Aub 4: The 1:55 pm trip from Loop Rd will now operate to BOCES. Customers may stay on the bus to ride back to Loop Rd along the W. Genesee route. The 2:28 pm 4 State St trip heading to downtown will no longer operate to BOCES.

edison   

If anybody is going to the State Fair, agencies throughout New York State are supposed to be bringing buses there to promote public transportation. I know Buffalo is transporting buses tomorrow night, was told Rochester, Binghamtom, etc.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, edison said:

If anybody is going to the State Fair, agencies throughout New York State are supposed to be bringing buses there to promote public transportation. I know Buffalo is transporting buses tomorrow night, was told Rochester, Binghamtom, etc.

The one year I do not go :(

• Like 1

timson98   

The New York State Fair has added a park and ride location at Farrell Rd and John Glenn Blvd.  It is being managed by Centro but the buses and drivers are from RTS Rochester and CDTA Albany.  Rochester has 6 XD-40's operating and Albany has 4 Gillig diesels.  NFTA Buffalo also sent 6 CNG Novas which to my knowledge haven't been used yet.  All are being housed at the Centro garage for the duration of the fair.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

edison   
On 8/28/2017 at 10:09 PM, timson98 said:

The New York State Fair has added a park and ride location at Farrell Rd and John Glenn Blvd.  It is being managed by Centro but the buses and drivers are from RTS Rochester and CDTA Albany.  Rochester has 6 XD-40's operating and Albany has 4 Gillig diesels.  NFTA Buffalo also sent 6 CNG Novas which to my knowledge haven't been used yet.  All are being housed at the Centro garage for the duration of the fair.

Not sure the first day, but NFTA operators should be there toward the end of the fair, I know this up coming weekend and Labor Day.

The nfta operators are being sent the 1st through the 4th.

Edited by edison
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2017 at 7:04 PM, edison said:

Any idea what Binghamton sent?  I'd be curious with the shape of a lot of their buses.

edison   
5 hours ago, map.man (Darrin) said:

Any idea what Binghamton sent?  I'd be curious with the shape of a lot of their buses.

Good question. Wonder if they will be running those final days too, if they are really there. Looking at timson98's post, doesn't sound like they are there. In that case, I wonder what agency will run with metro, like CDTA did with RTS?

timson98   

Nothing here from Binghamton.  I'm hearing that NFTA Novas will be running this weekend in addition to CDTA and RTS.  No idea what lot they will be assigned to.  Either way, there will be lots of variety to see at the main gate with the 4 largest upstate TA's participating.

• Thanks 1

edison   
4 hours ago, timson98 said:

Nothing here from Binghamton.  I'm hearing that NFTA Novas will be running this weekend in addition to CDTA and RTS.  No idea what lot they will be assigned to.  Either way, there will be lots of variety to see at the main gate with the 4 largest upstate TA's participating.

Good to know. So the RTS and CDTA buses will continue to run then till the end of the fair?

The NFTA Novas were being used last Sunday on the parking lot shuttle at the fairgrounds. No idea whose operators were driving them.  The RGRTA and CDTA buses were running on the Farrell Road shuttle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest New Flyer repaint in the new scheme is C40LF #2531.

On the unusual sightings front, Gillig 30-footer #1705 was on yesterday afternoon's route 38 run from Syracuse to Auburn via Elbridge and Weedsport.  A 33-mile run in a bouncing baby Gillig - whee! :o

• Haha 2

Some of the 2400-series D30LF's that were displaced by the new Gillig shorties this spring are now operating on the Syracuse routes - 2400, 2403 and 2405 have been spotted in service so far.  

• Like 2