Centro (Central New York RTA)

RailBus63

Effective: 6/26 New Schedules | Service Changes

- Syracuse Service Changes

Enhancements

Sy 10: The 210 trips have been rescheduled to operate the 110 route.
Sy 10: The 310 trips have been rescheduled to operate the 410 route.
Sy 16: The 11:40 pm trip from the Hub will now operate into the RTC.
Sy 20: Some 223 trips in both directions that did not go to Walmart now do so. An online schedule is available for advanced viewing and specific details.
Sy 30: Some 530 trips in both directions that did not go to Wegmans now do so. An online schedule is available for advanced viewing and specific details.
Sy 54: Permanent route change to cover Seneca Turnpike, S. Salina St, Bernardine Apts and Valley Plaza. An online schedule is available for advanced viewing and specific details.
Sy 64: The 66 route will now be renumbered and named 364 Grand Ave – Western Lights.
Sy 64: The 166 route will now be renumbered and named 464 Grand Ave – Western Lights.
Sy 82: The 11:55 am and 2:220 pm weekday trips from the Hub to Baldwinsville will deviate to Lakeview Park.
Sy 82: The NEW 682 Lakeview Park - Fairgrounds route will operate on Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. This is an experimental seasonal service. An online schedule is available for advanced viewing and specific details.
Sy 84: Minor correction to the printed schedule now include Saturday coverage to Orchard Estates.

Reductions

None at this time.

Time Adjustments

Sy 48: Minor time adjustments were made to all trips.
Sy 74: Minor time adjustments were made on trips heading to the Hub.

Other

Sy 26: The 28 route will now be numbered as the 426 route.
Sy 26: The 128 route will now be numbered as the 526 route.
Sy 74: There is a minor change to the 374 routing at Township 5.

- Utica Service Changes

Enhancements

None at this time.

Reductions

None at this time.

Time Adjustments

Ut 11: Trips to the Hub have minor adjustments.

Other

Ut 11: Routing near the end of line has changed to operate from Main St, left on Glendale Pl, right on Oriskany Blvd, right on Main St extension.

- Oswego / Fulton / Mexico Service Changes

Enhancements

Ful 5: Route will be changed to cover the W. Broadway (Route 3) commercial corridor and Bullhead Point. The new routing will now cover major time points along the route in a new way. After leaving Towpath Towers the bus will operate to Price Chopper, Fulton Mills, Bullhead Point, Fulton Commons, and Walmart. An online schedule is available for advanced viewing and specific details.

Ful 4 and Mex 3: Routes have minor route changes at Towpath Towers due to the Ful 5 route change.

Reductions

None at this time.

Time Adjustments

None at this time. 

- Auburn Service Changes

Enhancements

None at this time.

Reductions

None at this time.

Time Adjustments

Aub 1, Aub 2, Aub 3 and Aub 4 trips before 2:30 pm have been shifted back 5 minutes. This recovery time will be used to keep trips on time. An online schedule is available for advanced viewing and specific details.

Aub 4: The 1:55 pm trip from Loop Rd will now operate to BOCES. Customers may stay on the bus to ride back to Loop Rd along the W. Genesee route. The 2:28 pm 4 State St trip heading to downtown will no longer operate to BOCES.

• 2 months later...

If anybody is going to the State Fair, agencies throughout New York State are supposed to be bringing buses there to promote public transportation. I know Buffalo is transporting buses tomorrow night, was told Rochester, Binghamtom, etc.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, edison said:

If anybody is going to the State Fair, agencies throughout New York State are supposed to be bringing buses there to promote public transportation. I know Buffalo is transporting buses tomorrow night, was told Rochester, Binghamtom, etc.

The one year I do not go :(

• Like 1

The New York State Fair has added a park and ride location at Farrell Rd and John Glenn Blvd.  It is being managed by Centro but the buses and drivers are from RTS Rochester and CDTA Albany.  Rochester has 6 XD-40's operating and Albany has 4 Gillig diesels.  NFTA Buffalo also sent 6 CNG Novas which to my knowledge haven't been used yet.  All are being housed at the Centro garage for the duration of the fair.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/28/2017 at 10:09 PM, timson98 said:

The New York State Fair has added a park and ride location at Farrell Rd and John Glenn Blvd.  It is being managed by Centro but the buses and drivers are from RTS Rochester and CDTA Albany.  Rochester has 6 XD-40's operating and Albany has 4 Gillig diesels.  NFTA Buffalo also sent 6 CNG Novas which to my knowledge haven't been used yet.  All are being housed at the Centro garage for the duration of the fair.

Not sure the first day, but NFTA operators should be there toward the end of the fair, I know this up coming weekend and Labor Day.

The nfta operators are being sent the 1st through the 4th.

Edited by edison
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2017 at 7:04 PM, edison said:

Any idea what Binghamton sent?  I'd be curious with the shape of a lot of their buses.

5 hours ago, map.man (Darrin) said:

Any idea what Binghamton sent?  I'd be curious with the shape of a lot of their buses.

Good question. Wonder if they will be running those final days too, if they are really there. Looking at timson98's post, doesn't sound like they are there. In that case, I wonder what agency will run with metro, like CDTA did with RTS?

Nothing here from Binghamton.  I'm hearing that NFTA Novas will be running this weekend in addition to CDTA and RTS.  No idea what lot they will be assigned to.  Either way, there will be lots of variety to see at the main gate with the 4 largest upstate TA's participating.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, timson98 said:

Nothing here from Binghamton.  I'm hearing that NFTA Novas will be running this weekend in addition to CDTA and RTS.  No idea what lot they will be assigned to.  Either way, there will be lots of variety to see at the main gate with the 4 largest upstate TA's participating.

Good to know. So the RTS and CDTA buses will continue to run then till the end of the fair?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, alexweb8 said:

We lost a 25XX in Oswego today. Nobody hurt. Can't see the number in any of the pictures online, but I'm sure we'll figure it out. http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/09/centro_bus_catches_fire_on_suny_oswego_campus.html

Regular Oswego bus 2503 had the new paint scheme, but it's not uncommon for D40LF's from Syracuse to spend a few days up there as buses are swapped out for maintenance.

Centro Proposes Launch of New MAX Pass & Expansion of Day Pass

The proposed pass options include an Adult and Reduced Fare MAX Pass in all properties (non-intercity commuter routes ONLY), along with Day Passes in Auburn, Oswego, Rome and Fulton. Priced at the cost of five round-trip fares, the MAX Pass would provide customers with unlimited rides for seven consecutive calendar days, offering Centro customers an economical solution to their transportation needs.

Update on the bus fire - all of the D40LF's have been spotted on the bus tracker since Tuesday except for 2503, so this confirms that it was the bus that caught fire.

D30LF update: 2400, 2403, 2404 and 2405 have all been spotted in Syracuse.  They tend to run rush hours only on certain runs - the 84 has had 1 or 2 in the morning, the last afternoon 152/172 interline has had one and they've also appeared on the 58 and 262X.  All four buses have the updated scheme - I knew about 2404 and 2405 but hadn't seen 2400 and 2403 repainted.  2403 is unique in that the front number is lower and the small blue Centro logo appears above it.

• 1 month later...

According to a poster in a Facebook transit group who is employed at the Gillig factory in California, 32 new Centro buses will be entering production in the next two weeks.  The original note in the board meeting minutes was for 42 CNG buses but it mentioned that the order could be reduced due to funding constraints.  It will be interesting to see if these are numbered in the 1700's above the 30-foot buses received in the spring or if they will be 1800's.

• Like 1

A photo of new Centro 40-foot Gillig CNG bus #1750 is posted in the Facebook group 'The Bus Lounge', so the number series will apparently be #1750-1781.  Looks very similar to #1625-1631 - as with the other recent deliveries, the bus has its numbers but no Centro logos or lettering.

• Like 2

Centro of Oneida will be moving its Rome transfer hub from the Liberty-George Street parking garage to the city's Amtrak station on November 20th.  This move has been necessitated by the deterioration of the garage structure (it is now planned to be demolished in the near future).  One benefit is the significant increase in service to the Amtrak station, as it is now only served by some route 7 trips.  Not sure if a bus station or stops are being built at the Amtrak station - there are paved parking lots on either side of the station building and a dirt lot across the street.  I would also assume that Birnie Bus Service will be moving its stop to the new transfer location also.

• Like 1

Update on the Rome changes - Centro has now posted the new route schedule and map information on their website and contrary to initial reports, the Amtrak station will not be the new hub (it will receive more frequent service, though).  The new hub will be in downtown Rome on Dominick Street, just a few blocks from the current hub. 

Centro is also using this opportunity to streamline the Rome route structure with some streets and stops with low patronage eliminated.  The new schedule will essentially be the same setup as they implemented in Auburn, where a bus will start on route 2 and then become a route 6 bus when it returns downtown, then a route 4 or 7 bus on the next trip and a route 5 bus on the trip after that before becoming a route 2 bus to start the circuit again.  Service will remain on a 45 minute headway Monday through Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...