Novabus LFS page

D40LF

That is what it normally says on the VIN plate, right? Does it usually say that under the "TYPE OF VEHICLE"?

Just looked at a photo of the VIN plate on Strathcona's Bookmobile and under Type of Vehicle it just says Bus (Library).

Nothing to indicate a model.

It appears Nova did away with the 40102 designation around 2006/2007. Buses built around that time and after no longer list the model as LFS 40102 on the builder's plate. The simply list BUS. I should have a photo of one of Woodstock's plates that show BUS when I get home.

It appears Nova did away with the 40102 designation around 2006/2007. Buses built around that time and after no longer list the model as LFS 40102 on the builder's plate. The simply list BUS. I should have a photo of one of Woodstock's plates that show BUS when I get home.

Interesting, but then BUS isn't the official designation of the model. Other sources I have seen recently still list the new models as LFS40102.

Interesting, but then BUS isn't the official designation of the model. Other sources I have seen recently still list the new models as LFS40102.

They even used this designation on the newer artics too! :P

• 4 weeks later...
They even used this designation on the newer artics too! :P

Funny you guys bring it up, but the "Classic" also used the TC40102N designation, but it's a totally different bus! I've never noticed this before until I decided to look it up!