British Columbia Emergency Vehicles

Nice demos, and European examples.

Has anyone else on this side of the pond actually bought them besides BC?

If you check some of those pics , a few are Canadian and US

http://crestlinecoach.com/vehicles/ambulances/recent-deliveries/spring2012/

http://crestlinecoach.com/vehicles/ambulances/recent-deliveries/2011/

http://www.demers-ambulances.com/newdeliveries

Nice demos, and European examples.

Has anyone else on this side of the pond actually bought them besides BC?

So far Niagara EMS, Waterloo Region EMS and Essex-Windsor EMS here in Ontario have added Sprinters. At least those are the ones that I know of. I seem to like the look of the Demers better than Crestline especially the modular style.

So far Niagara EMS, Waterloo Region EMS and Essex-Windsor EMS here in Ontario have added Sprinters. At least those are the ones that I know of. I seem to like the look of the Demers better than Crestline especially the modular style.

Also some out in PEI and SK

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks like BCAS is requesting expressions of interest from qualified parties to remount Crestline ambulance bodies. Sounds like they'll take the Crestline bodies off the old E350 chassis and remount them onto new E350 chassis.

Seems like a smart plan that could save some money. If it's the chassis that's starting to fall apart but the body is fine, why not reuse it?

Looks like BCAS is requesting expressions of interest from qualified parties to remount Crestline ambulance bodies. Sounds like they'll take the Crestline bodies off the old E350 chassis and remount them onto new E350 chassis.

Seems like a smart plan that could save some money. If it's the chassis that's starting to fall apart but the body is fine, why not reuse it?

A lot of US EMS/Fire Departments do that with module body units. Philadelphia Fire Department is a big department that comes to mind that does this. I have not seen this happen too often in Canada. BCAS seems to be the largest department that I know of to do this.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Vancouver Fire and Rescue has on order

(9x) 2016/17 Spartan Gladiator Sirius LFD / Smeal pumper (1875/440/65F/CAFS) (5x) 2016/17 Spartan Gladiator Sirius LFD / Smeal rescue-pumper (1875/440/65F/CAFS) (10x) 2016/17 Spartan Gladiator Sirius LFD / Smeal quint (1875/440/65F/CAFS/105' RM), (1x) 2016 Spartan Gladiator Sirius LFD / SVI tandem axle special operations unit, There is also an option for the supply of an articulating aerial boom or elevating platform in 2016 All new rigs will be 2016 or 2017's as per ULC plate date. 2-3 delivered per month from March 2016 to May 2017 (2x) MetalCraft Marine 44' FireStorm Fireboats (Due in Jan, 2016)

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...