British Columbia Emergency Vehicles

• Board Admin

Seeing as many of us have gone out there for the Olympics, thought I would start off a new thread for BC emergency vehicles.

awstott was mentioning Demers Ambulances out there, and I guess I did shoot one! These differ from the previous units, which were similar to a bunch of the IHA ones we have here in Edmonton.

bcambulance62839.jpg

The first 3 are from 2007.

I'll be damned if I know where the Ford rescue is from. Kelowna maybe.

Then we had a Kelowna pick up, and a Kelowna rig... looks to be a tele squirt or something along the lines of a shorter ladder?

Then we have a ATV ambulance thing in Downtown Vancouver, followed by a couple of regular BC amublances, both on Cordova Street.

A Vancouver Fire investigation rig near Nanaimo Station.

A pair of engines, and a resuce from North Vancouver, and a close up of the American LaFrance badge on one of the North Van engines.

A By Law vehicle for North Van.

And finally, a rescue from Whistler. Looks to be a 4X4 rig too.

DSC03152.JPG

DSC03333.JPG

DSC03347.JPG

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00188a.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00311.jpg

DSC04050.jpg

DSC04063.jpg

DSC04055.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00094.jpg

• Board Admin

Nice Suzuki Vitara! I drive a similar vehicle sometimes. Looks like it's equipped with license plate cameras so they can just drive around and check plates.

The first 3 are from 2007.

I'll be damned if I know where the Ford rescue is from. Kelowna maybe.

Then we had a Kelowna pick up, and a Kelowna rig... looks to be a tele squirt or something along the lines of a shorter ladder?

Then we have a ATV ambulance thing in Downtown Vancouver, followed by a couple of regular BC amublances, both on Cordova Street.

A Vancouver Fire investigation rig near Nanaimo Station.

A pair of engines, and a resuce from North Vancouver, and a close up of the American LaFrance badge on one of the North Van engines.

And finally, a rescue from Whistler. Looks to be a 4X4 rig too.

Could the Kelowna rig be a Quint maybe? I like the North Van City black and red livery. Did you shoot any North Vancouver District rigs? (yes two totally seperate departments)

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
HAH! I wonder if those are the same ones I saw passing through Calgary a couple of days ago! I was driving and didn't get a good look at fleet numbers, but they were on a flatbed just like that! Excellent catch!

• 8 months later...

This is an old thread, but I saw something today at the corner of Knight and 49th in Vancouver that gave me a double take. A Mercedes Benz Sprinter ambulance in BC Ambulance livery. O.O

This is probably the first I've seen of this vehicle... so perhaps it's part of the newest order for 2012? One thing that was noticeable is that it's not as wide as the previous cutaway orders, which one paramedic told me last year was a poor fit for Vancouver's narrow streets and forced them once to do three attempts just to squeeze past a police car.

• 2 weeks later...