GO Transit New Bus Deliveries

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, soo8513 said:

A 8300-class was on 48 this afternoon; not an A or B so perhaps was a changeoff as 48 comes out of Steeprock and Aberfoyle.

The SuperLo double deck buses for now are being used on standard double deck runs (DDH or DDL), so they can be found out of any division in the West that contains double deck runs. This includes Aberfoyle, Halton Hills, Hamilton, Kitchener, Niagara Falls, Steeprock, and Streetsville.

GO rotates their buses between divisions somewhat frequently so if a driver brings a DDL bus into Streetsville for scheduled maintenance/servicing and a SuperLo is available, that one can be taken back to the driver's home division, and used on routes out of it.

I have heard of at least two SuperLo buses based out of Aberfoyle this past week so they are in places other than Streetsville. Once the new board period begins there will be dedicated SuperLo runs out of garages other than Streetsville.

4 hours ago, Articulated said:

The SuperLo double deck buses for now are being used on standard double deck runs (DDH or DDL), so they can be found out of any division in the West that contains double deck runs. This includes Aberfoyle, Halton Hills, Hamilton, Kitchener, Niagara Falls, Steeprock, and Streetsville.

GO rotates their buses between divisions somewhat frequently so if a driver brings a DDL bus into Streetsville for scheduled maintenance/servicing and a SuperLo is available, that one can be taken back to the driver's home division, and used on routes out of it.

I have heard of at least two SuperLo buses based out of Aberfoyle this past week so they are in places other than Streetsville. Once the new board period begins there will be dedicated SuperLo runs out of garages other than Streetsville.

Are you aware of what runs they will be doing?

Also any estimate on when they may make their way to Boundary(Oshawa) division to do runs on East end routes (81,88,90,91,93,96)? From what I heard the 92 won't see them for a bit but mind you, the late night trips of the 92 are out of steeprock, so whats your opinions on this one?

18 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

Curious: what are people's impressions with these super-low buses? (Or if there is already a thread about them, feel free to re-direct me there.)

I don`t think a lot of tall passngers going to like the new double decker.  I am 5 foot 6 and my head touches the roof on the second deck.  

1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

I don`t think a lot of tall passngers going to like the new double decker.  I am 5 foot 6 and my head touches the roof on the second deck.  

The top deck is definitely an adjustment. You have to crane your neck down in order to walk back through the aisle on the second deck.

On 8/30/2016 at 11:58 PM, 900 Highway 2 said:

Are you aware of what runs they will be doing?

They're scheduled to be on designated blocks on all of the routes that operate through Hamilton this board period, so 12, 15, 16, 18, 40 and 47. With so few of them available right now, expect them to continue appearing at random for a little while longer.

25 minutes ago, Orion 1200 said:

They're scheduled to be on designated blocks on all of the routes that operate through Hamilton this board period, so 12, 15, 16, 18, 40 and 47. With so few of them available right now, expect them to continue appearing at random for a little while longer.

thanks