GO Transit New Bus Deliveries

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

According to a reliable source, the number is 14. Bus 8468 was seen on a road test in Falkirk, Scotland yesterday.

Spotted 8401 on the 47 at 9 AM this morning, heading to York University on the HWY 410/407 interchange.

Considering the primary target audience for route 54 is York University students, I'm pretty sure double deck usage would have started in September rather than the summer (when service is heavily redu

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Shaun said:

Whats your issue with double deckers? 

More DDLs means less MCIs for me, and I prefer MCIs hands down, especially the ones that are up next for retirement. Its purely subjective, but they have more of the fizz factor for me. Just last year up til December, my regular commute was once a healthy balance of MCI and ADL, but now it's all the latter.

Don't get me wrong, I genuinely do like the DDs (SLs are pretty cool but a bit indecisive about which gear they want to be in at times), but I've always been more of an MCI guy. I would mention CATs and ISMs and how Brampton gets all the good MCIs but then I'll get carried away. 

Well once this order is complete, will they need non DD buses? 

With this talk of GO Trains to London, I wonder if the trains will travel through Kitchener or along the Dundas sub through Brantford.  How would that effect VIA's existing service? 

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

Well once this order is complete, will they need non DD buses? 

With this talk of GO Trains to London, I wonder if the trains will travel through Kitchener or along the Dundas sub through Brantford.  How would that effect VIA's existing service? 

I feel like this would be a gigantic waste of money considering how many people would ride them. Plus it's going to be close to 4 hours between London and Toronto if it ran via Kitchener with all those stops. VIA trains via Kitchener runs with 3:20-3:30h trip time while it's 2:10-2:30h via Brantford. Of course VIA runs express compared to GO.

GO would need to be electrified and operate faster to make it competitive if they want to replace cars on the 401. High speed rail is a better option in my opinion.

If they ran a GO bus for half the way connecting to a GO station, it might be more financially sustainable. Although I'm never a fan of long distance GO bus trips. They visit every carpooling lot every 20km or so adding to a lot of time. Business class riders would definitely stick with VIA and their higher end services.

14 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

I feel like this would be a gigantic waste of money considering how many people would ride them. Plus it's going to be close to 4 hours between London and Toronto if it ran via Kitchener with all those stops. VIA trains via Kitchener runs with 3:20-3:30h trip time while it's 2:10-2:30h via Brantford. Of course VIA runs express compared to GO.

GO would need to be electrified and operate faster to make it competitive if they want to replace cars on the 401. High speed rail is a better option in my opinion.

If they ran a GO bus for half the way connecting to a GO station, it might be more financially sustainable. Although I'm never a fan of long distance GO bus trips. They visit every carpooling lot every 20km or so adding to a lot of time. Business class riders would definitely stick with VIA and their higher end services.

Could transfer at Kitchener GO to another train and that train would make stops at Stratford, St. Marys and London. And at London have connecting buses to Sarnia, St. Thomas and where ever.

• 2 weeks later...