GO Transit New Bus Deliveries

13 minutes ago, Articulated said:

More than likely these are not new GO buses, but old ones. 8000-8021 (the original Enviro500 units) have been sold to CVS Tours in Victoria, BC. They are being shipped by rail, and many other members (here, in BC and in between) have spotted them in transit.

New buses are built in North America, and would be driven here from the factory.

They were moving eastbound at Markham / Sheppard 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Transit 20 said:

i seen a post on Flickr of 8463-8464 sitting in Halifax waiting for delivery

I thought 8300-8305 were the only ones built in the UK while the rest were built in Vaughan and the States. It also seems they changed the design of the door to allow a better view for the driver.

1 hour ago, TTC 9701 said:

I just saw the photos myself. They have the dual rear drive wheel and one appears to be missing a door.

(Pics removed)

It would appear that the doors on both buses are not fully closed. (Emergency door release was left in the open position)

11 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Someone able to explain this, because that is not Vaughan lol

The rumour is that the American plant has fallen behind in production, and Alexander-Dennis has a bit of excess capacity at one of its Scottish plants. Thus, they are building about a dozen or so buses in Scotland to ensure that their delivery totals stay on track.

Dan

2 hours ago, smallspy said:

The rumour is that the American plant has fallen behind in production, and Alexander-Dennis has a bit of excess capacity at one of its Scottish plants. Thus, they are building about a dozen or so buses in Scotland to ensure that their delivery totals stay on track.

According to a reliable source, the number is 14. Bus 8468 was seen on a road test in Falkirk, Scotland yesterday.

• Thanks 4

9 hours ago, Seashore_518203 said:

According to a reliable source, the number is 14. Bus 8468 was seen on a road test in Falkirk, Scotland yesterday.

What reliable source? Hard to find a bus-spotting forum in the UK - at least one that is publicly accessible.

Whatever it is, maybe ADL wants to send out as many buses sent out as possible from Falkirk before Brexit causes possible havocs with exports.