GO Transit New Bus Deliveries

• Root Admin
20 hours ago, Shaun said:

They built Jigs for a whole different bus just to build a dozen?

I don't think its that much of an issue. After all they did build most of the older GO buses entirely in Scotland years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 2:33 AM, Chris W said:

8475 was spotted today in Hamilton. Any particular reason why Hamilton division is getting the newest DDS buses?

While I'm not familiar with the exact reasons, I would have to imagine the 3.9m clearance under the bridge at James and Hunter (right before the entrance to Hamilton GO Centre) would be a contributing factor, as is the popularity of the routes out of Hamilton. If that is the case, better to send the non-SuperLos up Highway 6 where the 25, 29, and 48 can use them freely.

1 hour ago, meltingtomato said:

While I'm not familiar with the exact reasons, I would have to imagine the 3.9m clearance under the bridge at James and Hunter (right before the entrance to Hamilton GO Centre) would be a contributing factor, as is the popularity of the routes out of Hamilton. If that is the case, better to send the non-SuperLos up Highway 6 where the 25, 29, and 48 can use them freely.

Only thing is that the SuperLo models are exclusivly on the 25 with some occasions of an MCI or a Go-Anywhere model. The 30 out of KW also uses them as well with the odd time not being a SuperLo. The 48 out of Guelph also sees them frequently & the 29 does use them mainly for its peak runs. They have been spreading out. Still waiting to see how well they would preform on the 31 & 33 going through downtown Brampton.

6 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Only thing is that the SuperLo models are exclusivly on the 25 with some occasions of an MCI or a Go-Anywhere model. The 30 out of KW also uses them as well with the odd time not being a SuperLo. The 48 out of Guelph also sees them frequently & the 29 does use them mainly for its peak runs. They have been spreading out. Still waiting to see how well they would preform on the 31 & 33 going through downtown Brampton.

SuperLo have been popping up on the 31 recently over the last couple weeks, I’ve noticed them mostly on the 31N but I have noticed one on the 31J, even if they haven’t measured the clearance yet it can drop off outside the station and continue up railway road on deadhead, although clearance shouldn’t be a issue in the future 

• 2 weeks later...

Sitting at the Quebec welcome centre on my way east and saw two GO double deckers heading wb about 9:00a. Both were in GO paint but unmarked. No logo or visible fleet number. 

Edited by STC125

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...