GO Transit New Bus Deliveries

3 hours ago, drevil0208 said:

I decided to go for a ride to Hamilton and then to Richmond Hill. Got one on the 16 and then the 40. Also saw one on the 47. 

Also saw an 81xx on the 54. Is that new?  I've never seen a DD on the 54.  

They were also slated to serve the 40 and 47. So I imagine you will regularly find them on there.

21 hours ago, drevil0208 said:

I decided to go for a ride to Hamilton and then to Richmond Hill. Got one on the 16 and then the 40. Also saw one on the 47. 

how many dd's did you see on 40? I really wanna have a ride on them~~

I'm kind of surprised they are on the 40 mid-day. The one I was on yesterday had max about 15 people on it. However I saw MCI's on the 16 filled up. I wonder if they will concentrate the DDs on the 16 during the day as it seems to be the busiest (I'm not sure how busy the 47 gets during the day). 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, drevil0208 said:

I'm kind of surprised they are on the 40 mid-day. The one I was on yesterday had max about 15 people on it. However I saw MCI's on the 16 filled up. I wonder if they will concentrate the DDs on the 16 during the day as it seems to be the busiest (I'm not sure how busy the 47 gets during the day). 

They have been out on Saturday too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drevil0208 said:

16 is packed even on a Sunday...........they should use all DD's straight..........

1 hour ago, TheAverageJoe said:

They have been out on Saturday too.

Nice that's good to know, thanks~~~

would be a nice bus trip for me to ride 40 from Richmond Hill to Hamilton, then 16 from Hamilton to Union, then ride the rocket to Finch, take a VIVA back to Richmond Hill~~ sounds like the plan :-)

• Like 3

On 2016. 12. 5. at 2:14 PM, 110B West Pickering said:

DD's on the 54 arent new they just aren't that common

On 2016. 12. 5. at 1:46 PM, drevil0208 said:

They start to use double deckers on 54 since summer or fall 2015.

2 hours ago, Viva5113 said:

They start to use double deckers on 54 since summer or fall 2015.

Considering the primary target audience for route 54 is York University students, I'm pretty sure double deck usage would have started in September rather than the summer (when service is heavily reduced).

There were double deck buses on some 54A trips as early as January 2015, although they only go as far as Unionville GO (same areas the 52 covers). I believe you are correct though that it was not until Fall 2015 that full-length 54 trips began using double deck buses.

As for the double deck runs, GO buses do a lot of interlining during a shift, and they very rarely stay on one route for an entire 8+ hour shift. So a bus that may do a trip on route 16 and then do trips on other routes that don't need a SuperLo. Buses from divisions that aren't Hamilton may also do runs on the 16, so they don't get SuperLos. Conversely, buses that do trips on the 16 can do trips on the 15, 18, 40, and 47 (and others), so there may be SuperLo buses on all those routes too. Another factor that may be involved is that not all of the SuperLo buses have entered service yet, so they may need to run MCIs on some runs that would otherwise get SuperLo buses until at least this first year's order finishes arriving.

• Like 3

On 2016. 12. 6. at 10:13 PM, Articulated said:

Considering the primary target audience for route 54 is York University students, I'm pretty sure double deck usage would have started in September rather than the summer (when service is heavily reduced).

There were double deck buses on some 54A trips as early as January 2015, although they only go as far as Unionville GO (same areas the 52 covers). I believe you are correct though that it was not until Fall 2015 that full-length 54 trips began using double deck buses.

As for the double deck runs, GO buses do a lot of interlining during a shift, and they very rarely stay on one route for an entire 8+ hour shift. So a bus that may do a trip on route 16 and then do trips on other routes that don't need a SuperLo. Buses from divisions that aren't Hamilton may also do runs on the 16, so they don't get SuperLos. Conversely, buses that do trips on the 16 can do trips on the 15, 18, 40, and 47 (and others), so there may be SuperLo buses on all those routes too. Another factor that may be involved is that not all of the SuperLo buses have entered service yet, so they may need to run MCIs on some runs that would otherwise get SuperLo buses until at least this first year's order finishes arriving.

There was least one D4500CT I saw ran 16 yesterday and one super-lo was on 46 (or 48).

• 2 months later...

I saw 8351 & 8352 heading eastbound on the 401 around Trafalgar late Monday afternoon.  Possibly being delivered?

There was a third 83xx a few minutes ahead of them - didn't catch the fleet number so unsure if it was a third new delivery.

Surprise!

At long last - spotted the Super-Lo at Scarborough Terminal! First saw one on Tuesday but it was out of service and drove off to the west (probably the depot, and if so it likely isn't based at Oshawa).

And then yesterday (Wednesday) - I saw one in service on 51 from York U heading to Pickering! No photos though, sorry - phone was out of storage space. Can't remember which vehicle, either. But it was there.

• 2 weeks later...