GO Transit New Bus Deliveries

Saw 2508, 2509 and I think 2515 this evening on the 401 at Mavis Road in Mississauga. Their destination signs were displaying the Axion test pattern. Since the speed differential was over 200km/h, I was not able to note any differences in appearance.

Almost most of them delivered the new 25XX series, it's the same batch as the last 2483-99 series!

• 2 weeks later...

Should be little-to-no difference in the batches at this point. These are all part of a multi-year order with (firmly) fixed specs.

Correct, the same as the last batch. No surprise there's tons of problem already.

Another 18 are coming in July.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a ride on 2513 this afternoon, still has that new bus smell. The rear seats are still the uncomfortable straight-backed seats. Did the previous order have smaller stop-request strips positioned higher up as well?

2508 was also spotted heading down the 400.

Had a ride on 2513 this afternoon, still has that new bus smell. The rear seats are still the uncomfortable straight-backed seats. Did the previous order have smaller stop-request strips positioned higher up as well?

The previous batch didn't have the stop request strips smaller and higher like the 2500-2517 batch. I was on 2502 recently and noticed the smaller strips as well

So far I don't know how many passengers complaining about the seats and the ridiculous notch on reclining.

The previous batch didn't have the stop request strips smaller and higher like the 2500-2517 batch. I was on 2502 recently and noticed the smaller strips as well

The small yellow strips are on the 25XX series starting. At least it's to prevent people leaning it over, ringing the bell for no apparent reason!

The small yellow strips are on the 25XX series starting. At least it's to prevent people leaning it over, ringing the bell for no apparent reason!

About time! This happens so often, especially at night. Wouldn't be surprised if they did this due to operator complaints.

So far I don't know how many passengers complaining about the seats and the ridiculous notch on reclining.

All MCI D coaches rear seats are all like that. Even Megabus D Coaches have the same problem, hence I just sit one row further to get a reclining seat.

All MCI D coaches rear seats are all like that. Even Megabus D Coaches have the same problem, hence I just sit one row further to get a reclining seat.

All the earlier GO D4500's with the American Seating seats at the rear are fine (even though they don't recline, they're comfortable. I always sit in them). It's the recent ones with the Fainsa Brasil seating, in particular the rear row that are just flat-backed with no contour, that are uncomfortable.

• 2 weeks later...

Have we not yet collectively noticed that the newest order of buses was put into service nearly all at once and that you have all been posting the same "new" buses for weeks now? I think it's time to lay off these sightings until there are more new buses.