GO Transit New Bus Deliveries

Another (major) problem with Axion signs that I noted today... the side signs appear to be programmed identically to the front signs at least for the Train-Buses... 2484 was at Union Station, with its side sign saying "Union Station / Train-Bus" without listing any destinations as is the usual procedure for Luminators.

It could just be that the "Union Station" code was entered. It doesn't have any destinations other than "Union Station".

• 3 weeks later...

2495 in the 51A right now. There are a few changes inside on them other than the signs. The seats appear to be the same ones as on the hybrid GO buses but the foot rests are different from those seats. Photo to come later. Other than that they appear the same as the previous batch.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bring this up but its something I'm curious about with the latest batch. On the wiki is says that the engine for all of the deliveries over the summer 2450-2499 are DD C13. Now that they have aged a bit I have noticed 2483-2499 make a very different noise than the rest. On some buses they are really quite loud. I was wondering if they had a different engine or if there was some other reason for that?

Sorry to bring this up but its something I'm curious about with the latest batch. On the wiki is says that the engine for all of the deliveries over the summer 2450-2499 are DD C13. Now that they have aged a bit I have noticed 2483-2499 make a very different noise than the rest. On some buses they are really quite loud. I was wondering if they had a different engine or if there was some other reason for that?

I've noticed it, as soon I found which unit starts on the 2nd batch, I'll let you know. The 2nd batch have Cummins ISX 11L engine!

I've noticed it, as soon I found which unit starts on the 2nd batch, I'll let you know. The 2nd batch have Cummins ISX 11L engine!

I'm thinking the first unit with the ISX is 2483. I remember that unit being really loud as well shortly after entering service. It would also make sense because thats also the first unit with an Axion sign, different seating and a new dash board design.

I'm thinking the first unit with the ISX is 2483. I remember that unit being really loud as well shortly after entering service. It would also make sense because thats also the first unit with an Axion sign, different seating and a new dash board design.

Probably the 2483-2499 order.

And among other changes, they have those cheap plastic footrests that feel like they would break with little effort. The rear seats are flat-backed (as opposed to the more contoured rear seats the others have) and not very comfortable either.

And among other changes, they have those cheap plastic footrests that feel like they would break with little effort. The rear seats are flat-backed (as opposed to the more contoured rear seats the others have) and not very comfortable either.

Got to ride one of these series for the first time today. The new seats are definitely not as comfortable and, when turning, I feel like I'm going to fall out of my seat.

Do like the new dashboard though!

I thought GO transit was fed up with Cummins, which was why they chose DDC 60 Series?

Historically, GO doesn't seem to have ordered too many Cummins-powered buses. Just a lot of Cats and DDC before the double deckers and small ISM-equipped batches of D4500's (discounting the old 102C3's).

Maybe they're forging a new relationship, what with 11 MP40's getting repowered with Cummins' new large QSK-95 diesel engine...

I thought GO transit was fed up with Cummins, which was why they chose DDC 60 Series?

What are you talking about?

I belive GO is either testing those two different engines for long term or the latest engine wasn't availble on the market at that time!

Unless anyone saw 2482 is the last unit that has the Luminator and DD13, which I have to check.

As of the seats, they are ok, their the same manufacture as the last order since the 1991 102A2 buses. I still perfer the American Seating, but I belive GO wants to steer somewhere less popular manufacture for parts and other service.

• 3 weeks later...

There was a topic a while back about the new D4500s with EPA2010 engines having extra vent which is why the rear is a bit different than the older batches (fleet number at different locations, etc.). If you look at the S60 and ISX rears, they look identical. Further, the S60 ones also has the new modified rear which is different than the ISM ones. Just curious why they are rated EPA2007 instead of 2010. And yes I'm fully aware the S60 production stopped at the EPA2007 while the DD13continued it by making it into the EPA2010 market.

There was a topic a while back about the new D4500s with EPA2010 engines having extra vent which is why the rear is a bit different than the older batches (fleet number at different locations, etc.). If you look at the S60 and ISX rears, they look identical. Further, the S60 ones also has the new modified rear which is different than the ISM ones. Just curious why they are rated EPA2007 instead of 2010. And yes I'm fully aware the S60 production stopped at the EPA2007 while the DD13continued it by making it into the EPA2010 market.

If you read further, you would see that the new cooling package was available for EPA 2007 engines as well at the same time. For example, Greyhound's first D4505 order.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw 2508, 2509 and I think 2515 this evening on the 401 at Mavis Road in Mississauga. Their destination signs were displaying the Axion test pattern. Since the speed differential was over 200km/h, I was not able to note any differences in appearance.