GO Transit New Bus Deliveries

To free up the GO Transit general thread I have created this thread for those who want to track deliveries of new buses for GO Transit. If someone wants to take over control of this thread to create a list that gets updated please let me know as I may not have time to keep an updated list.

• Like 1

To free up the GO Transit general thread I have created this thread for those who want to track deliveries of new buses for GO Transit. If someone wants to take over control of this thread to create a list that gets updated please let me know as I may not have time to keep an updated list.

Are there any new buses on delivery?

GO has no plans to order any additional hybrid buses. There was a posting about more 2400 series D4500CT's in the GO Transit thread. There is still new ones arriving. I'm not sure where they are up to now.

edit:

News for Bus Operations. Two MCI D4500 coaches were delivered to Steeprock Garage earlier today (2443 and 2449).

saw 2441, 2443, 2447, 2449 last week

Was on 2443 today on the 51A. There were a few differences on the inside from the previous batch. The floor was the dark blue (like all the other MCI's before 2420 -2439), there were no footrests, and the emergency exit signs were changed. Other than that not really any other differences.

Was on 2443 today on the 51A. There were a few differences on the inside from the previous batch. The floor was the dark blue (like all the other MCI's before 2420 -2439), there were no footrests, and the emergency exit signs were changed. Other than that not really any other differences.

No foot rests :P

What number are they supposed to go up to? Are these EPA 2010 models?

No foot rests :lol:

What number are they supposed to go up to? Are these EPA 2010 models?

You don't need footrest, although short people have short legs do mind to have.

Only 10 I've been told, and no they are not EPA 2010.

It should be noted that certain seats around the wheelchair area don't have any footrests in all GO's MCI's. If one sits in that area they may get a false impression that all seats don't have footrests.

It should be noted that certain seats around the wheelchair area don't have any footrests in all GO's MCI's. If one sits in that area they may get a false impression that all seats don't have footrests.

I was in the second row and from what i could tell the left side didn't have any either. Fairly certain that there were none but i could be wrong

Also saw 2445 on the 54 today and 2446 laying over at York

All the seats on 2443 didn't have foot rest. I was on it today.

All the seats on 2443 didn't have foot rest. I was on it today.

Not that you need a third confirmation, but I was about to post that 2441 doesn't have footrests either. To be honest it doesn't bother me anyway as I usually put it up, but it does seem strange to not have it there.

Also, can somebody explain to me how the skirting/mud flap system works at the back of the MCIs? It seems that every bus has a different set-up, with the new deliveries not having any at all. The ones that do have them, often have the driver's side section missing. Is this due to the way the airbag system rests on it when the bus is shut off? Very confusing...but I'm sure there's a reason.

Not that you need a third confirmation, but I was about to post that 2441 doesn't have footrests either. To be honest it doesn't bother me anyway as I usually put it up, but it does seem strange to not have it there.

Also, can somebody explain to me how the skirting/mud flap system works at the back of the MCIs? It seems that every bus has a different set-up, with the new deliveries not having any at all. The ones that do have them, often have the driver's side section missing. Is this due to the way the airbag system rests on it when the bus is shut off? Very confusing...but I'm sure there's a reason.

IIRC, the exhaust is right behind the drivers' side rear mudflap, so it might get extra attention while in the shop, or get replaced more frequently or something. It looks like that row of flaps at the rear is there to prevent road spray and debris from kicking up from behind the bus.

800px-GO_Transit_2370-a.jpg

They also have (less visible) smaller flaps behind the front wheels, as well as behind the rear tag axle and a larger one between the two rear axles.

GO_Transit_2247-a.jpg

IIRC, the exhaust is right behind the drivers' side rear mudflap, so it might get extra attention while in the shop, or get replaced more frequently or something. It looks like that row of flaps at the rear is there to prevent road spray and debris from kicking up from behind the bus.

800px-GO_Transit_2370-a.jpg

They also have (less visible) smaller flaps behind the front wheels, as well as behind the rear tag axle and a larger one between the two rear axles.

GO_Transit_2247-a.jpg

The one behind the muffler gets melted by the heat of the exhaust and eventually falls off.

I sometimes use them so I will miss them if they're gone on all new orders.

So... if they are making changes to seating, has anyone been able to check whether the new buses have the same reclining mechanism? You know, the one that allows the person in front of you to take 1/2 of your personal space for their comfort? :-)

So... if they are making changes to seating, has anyone been able to check whether the new buses have the same reclining mechanism? You know, the one that allows the person in front of you to take 1/2 of your personal space for their comfort? :-)

arrgh i hate those people

If you want the extra leg room, some of the rows of the wheelchair seating on the left side are spaced further apart...hint hint ;)

If you want the extra leg room, some of the rows of the wheelchair seating on the left side are spaced further apart...hint hint ;)

Oh, I'm well aware. I tend to prefer to sit the near the back to decrease the chances of having someone next to me, though.

If you see an intact one, it's likely been recently replaced. Probably annoys the mechanics who have to replace them, as it is likely a common thing to do due to the exhaust heat.

I noticed another difference in the new orders that I forgot to report here. When I was riding 2441 it did not have the CCTV cameras installed. I'm not sure if this was yet to happen or if it had been left off these orders completely but either way, it was missing last week.