North American Bus Industries

And how about the 40-LFW's for Dallas DART or Houston METRO?

Dallas Dart's order should wrap up some time in 2015. Houston Metro through 2016... New Flyer's Link. Foothill Transit has four options through 2016. They ordered 30 in January 2013, and exercised an option for another 30 back in October 2013. Not sure what Broward County Transit is up to... This is the only info I could find.

Thanks ST! Time to start figuring out who will get the last NABI made and will it be LFW or BRT?

For sure the last one will be a BRT... LFW was discontinued earlier.

My guess is Foothill Transit will get the last NABI bus BRT42.

Let me speculate on what current NABI customers will get after the demise of the NABI brand, listed by the home states of the agencies:

Alabama

BJCTA (Birmingham): A tossup between the CNG versions of Eldorado National EZ-Rider II, Gillig LF or NFI MiDi (if it get Altoona and Buy American-certified) or XN35 for eventual NABI-31FLW replacement.

Arizona

Valley Metro (Phoenix): NABI replacement is pretty much the focus for the current bids for new buses. Likely XN40's but don't rule Eldorado, Gillig or Novabus out.

California

AC Transit (Oakland): More Gillig LF's for 40-LFW replacements.

Antelope Valley TA: Likely more Gillig LF hybrids to replace its rare 40C-LFW's.

BlueGo (South Tahoe Area Transit Authority): A tossup between the XN35 and the Gillig LF CNG for eventual 35-LFW replacement.

City of Commerce Municipal Bus: Likely XN35's for 35-LFW replacement.

Foothill Transit: Likely XN40's for 40-LFW replacement.

Gold Coast Transit (Ventura County): Likely XN35/XN40's for 35-LFW and 40-LFW replacements, but don't count Gillig out here.

LACMTA: Definitely more XN40's for years to come as 40-LFW and 40C-LFW replacements.

Orange County TA: A tossup between the XN40 and the Gillig LF CNG for 40-LFW replacement.

Riverside TA: More Gillig BRT Plus CNG's for 40-LFW replacement.

Sam Trans (San Matteo County): Likely XD60's for 436 replacement.

Santa Clarita Transit: A tossup between the XN40 and the Gillig LF CNG for eventual 40-LFW replacement .

Simi Valley Transit: Likely XN40's for C40LF and 40-LFW replacement, but don't count Gillig out here.

Victor Valley TA: The Eldorado Axcess will be competitive with XN40's for 40-LFW replacement.

Yolobus: A tossup between the XN40 and the Gillig LF CNG for 40-LFW replacement.

Colorado

Denver RTD: Definitely XD60's for 436 replacement.

Transfort (Fort Collins): A tossup between the XN35/XN40 and the Gillig LF CNG for 35-LFW/40-LFW replacement.

Delaware

DART First State: Likely more Gillig LF's for 416 and 40-LFW replacement.

Florida

Broward County Transit: A tossup between the XDE40 and the Gillig LF Hybrid for 40-LFW replacement (the oldest buses only) .

Miami Dade Transit: A tossup between the XN40 and the Gillig LF CNG for 40-LFW replacement.

Georgia

Gwinnett County Transit: Possible stopgap replacement of 40-LFW suburbans with ex-MARTA C40LF's. The XN40 and the Gillig LF CNG are competitive for long-term replacement buses.

UGA Transit (Athens): Likely more XD40's as shown on their facebook page.

Illinois

PACE (Suburban Chicago): Likely more Eldorado Axcess's for 35-LFW and 40-LFW replacements.

Rockford MTD: Likely more Gillig LF's for 35-LFW replacement.

Maryland

Maryland MTA (Baltimore): Likely more XDE40's for 416 replacements.

Massachusetts

MBTA (Boston): Likely XN40's for 416 replacement.

Nevada

RTC of Southern Nevada/Silver Rider (Las Vegas/Clark County): Likely XN40's for 40-LFW replacements.

New Jersey

NJ Transit: I don't buy the Eldorado Arrivo hype there. It's too light-duty for NJT's needs. My bet is between XD40's and the LFS.

New York

CDTA (Albany): Likely to go 40ft. for 35-LFW replacement with Gillig LF's.

RGRTA (Rochester): Likely more XD40's for 40-LFW replacement, but don't count Gillig or Novabus out here.

Westchester County Bee-Line: A tossup between the XDE40 and the LFS Hybrid.for eventual 40-LFW replacement.

North Carolina

Chapel Hill Transit: A tossup between the XDE60 and the LFSA Hybrid.for eventual 60-BRT replacement.

Ohio

Greater Cleveland RTA: Likely more Gillig BRT Plus CNG's for 40-LFW replacement.

Pennsylvania

SEPTA (Philly): Definite replacement of 416's by Novabus LFS's.

Tennessee

Nashville MTA: Likely more BRT-spec XDE60's for eventual 60-BRT replacement

Texas

Beaumont Municipal Transit: Probably XN35's for eventual 35-LFW replacement.

DART Dallas: Likely XN40's for 416 replacement.

Fort Worth The T: Likely XN40's for eventual 40-LFW replacement.

Houston METRO: Part of the current order/option for 40-LFW's may be converted to XN40/XDE40's

Sun Metro (El Paso): Likely XN35/XN40's for for eventual C35LF/35-LFW/40-LFW replacement.

VIA (San Antonio): Likely XN40/XDE40's for 40-LFW replacement.

Virginia

Arlington ART: A tossup between Eldorado EZ-Rider II/Axcess and NFI MiDi/XN35 for eventual 31-LFW/35-LFW replacement.

Washington

Skagit Transit: Likely baby Gillig LF's for eventual 31-LFW replacement.

Washington DC

WMATA: Probably XN60's for eventual 60-BRT replacement.

Of course, any unexpected maturing of all-electric vehicle technology may upset some or most of my predictions above. Anyway, comments on them are very welcome!

Let me speculate on what current NABI customers will get after the demise of the NABI brand, listed by the home states of the agencies:

Arizona

Valley Metro (Phoenix): NABI replacement is pretty much the focus for the current bids for new buses. Likely XN40's but don't rule Eldorado, Gillig or Novabus out.

Valley Metro RPTA and the City of Phoenix have received bids from New Flyer, Gillig, and ElDorado, leaving out Nova Bus who did not participate at all in the RFP. An award recommendation should be made pretty soon (probably sometime this month) for a 5 year contract. Note that the RFP was split into four sections: 30-foot, 40-foot, 60-foot, and 40/45/60-foot BRT, and I believe that each section of the RFP will be awarded individually (considering that neither Gillig nor ElDorado make artics).

• 3 weeks later...

Texas

Houston METRO: Part of the current order/option for 40-LFW's may be converted to XN40/XDE40's

Uh uh. We're not getting any hybrids anytime soon so the XDE40 is off the table. As for this XN40, nope on that either because before METRO went with the NABI order, New Flyer didn't submit a bid after they - along with NovaBus and NABI - submitted RFAs because "they no longer manufacture a stainless steel bus as METRO specified." On that note, it was either NovaBus or NABI. METRO went with NABI for the current 40' bus order.

Speaking of the order (unless something dramatically changes before it's completely done), the full order of 265 buses (in diesel and CNG propulsion systems) should be going on as scheduled (40 diesels THIS year, 45 more diesels and 80 CNGs next year, and 100 CNGs in 2016).

Edited by HoustonMETROFan

• 2 weeks later...

New York

CDTA (Albany): Likely to go 40ft. for 35-LFW replacement with Gillig LF's.

RGRTA (Rochester): Likely more XD40's for 40-LFW replacement, but don't count Gillig or Novabus out here.

CDTA already replaced their LFW's with 40-foot Gilligs.

RGRTA has a multi-year procurement in place with New Flyer for Xcelsiors.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

North American Bus Industries, or NABI, is now New Flyer of Anniston, Alabama — and they've finished building their first made from scratch Xcelsior buses.

http://www.annistonstar.com/news/first-of-new-anniston-built-buses-ready-for-the-road/article_c226745c-3aed-11e5-8d93-23e59f3f0a81.html

A cool detail is that they certified 46 welders to Canadian Welding Bureau standards as part of the new training to build Xcelsior. And the plant averages eight new buses per week, with 672 employees.

North American Bus Industries, or NABI, is now New Flyer of Anniston, Alabama — and they've finished building their first made from scratch Xcelsior buses.

http://www.annistonstar.com/news/first-of-new-anniston-built-buses-ready-for-the-road/article_c226745c-3aed-11e5-8d93-23e59f3f0a81.html

Yep, that's going to help crank their competitive edge when it comes to the order-delivery time in competing with ElDorado, Gillig, and Nova. IIRC according to a contact of mine Winnipeg was one possibility for a Canadian agency to receive Anniston built buses.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:59 PM, transit addict 327 said:

Does anyone know of a transit agency with the oldest running LFW's still in service?  It would be cool to compare with VIA's 1999 models that turn 18 this year and are finally being phased out.

The City of Phoenix Transit Department (operating under the Valley Metro name) operates some 1999 NABI 40-LFW LNG buses (which are also being phased out).

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/10/2018 at 7:37 PM, GenericBusFan2 said:

Heard that they were going to make a 65C-LFW for Los Angeles, but end up cancelling it. And also, I heard about a 37-BRT. These are my visual representations of what they may look like.

65C-LFW:

image.thumb.png.e622e1bb58ca6a1db29eb39690f2e717.png

37-BRT:

image.thumb.png.44ad4e9861f5fd157b7c4013de9b0516.png

LAMTA and NABI went as far as to modify one of LAMTA's 60 foot NABI's to a 65 footer.

• 5 years later...