North American Bus Industries

NABI Has updated their website. One of the new things is the presentation of the LFW Gen III.

Just when I was getting used to the 2nd generation look... I still like the original look best.

I wonder if NABI will ever attempt to take another run with a 60-LFW model? I don't know how their buses differ but I assume the BRT-42 is probably a 40-LFW chassis with a little extra length added around the front.

Just when I was getting used to the 2nd generation look... I still like the original look best.

I wonder if NABI will ever attempt to take another run with a 60-LFW model? I don't know how their buses differ but I assume the BRT-42 is probably a 40-LFW chassis with a little extra length added around the front.

After the 60-LFW disaster in Chicago, I would doubt they would.... and their BRT 60' bus has done well for them

I still prefer the original look the best as well.

NABI Has updated their website. One of the new things is the presentation of the LFW Gen III.

This LFW Gen III style does look better than their second generation style IMO. Except for those crazy mirrors.

I wonder if NJT's NABI 31-LFW would have these feature from their May 2011 order.

Do you mean May 2012? May 2011 has already passed us awhile ago.

It seems to me that with the introduction of the Gen III styling of the LFW, NABI wants to seriously mount a challenge to the New Flyer Xcelsior and Gillig BRT platforms (and possibly NovaBus and Orion as well) in terms of offering a regular, but stylish alternative to the BRT models offered by other competitors. Still, with the introduction of such a sleek design, I'm wondering as to what will become of NABI's own BRT platform.

Just me, or does that look a lot like an Xcelsior?

In all seriousness though I'm *really* glad they made the headsign area the full length of the body, the Gen II models made some of the headsign unreadable.

I think it actually looks like the Metro 45C in the front with the lights, with a little bit of the 60LFW design thrown in with it....

• 4 weeks later...
Are there any substantive difference between NABI's BRT and LFW chassis? From what I can tell, the only difference between BRT42 and LFW40 is the rounded nose section.

I haven't been able to find any photos of the structure of the LFWs, but it seems as if they are the same. The body profile is identical, as is the window size and placement.

Dan

• 5 months later...

Just curious, with the announcement from Orion regarding their winding down operations, it makes me wonder if NABI might eventually decide to pull the plug as well if business is too slow. So who is actually buying NABIs currently?

Broward County and Dallas DART are the only possibilities I can think of right now. I'm sure there are a few others though.

Edited by MVTArider

Just curious, with the announcement from Orion regarding their winding down operations, it makes me wonder if NABI might eventually decide to pull the plug as well if business is too slow. So who is actually buying NABIs currently?

Broward County and Dallas DART are the only possibilities I can think of right now. I'm sure there are a few others though.

LACMTA has some Metro 45C CompoBuses on order, scheduled for delivery late 2012 or early 2013. Also, Autoridad Metropolitana de Autobuses in San Juan, Puerto Rico has some NABI 60-BRTs on order for the Bayamon-Toa Baja BRT. In addition, NABI is currently bidding for the City of Phoenix contract (alongside New Flyer, Gillig, and ElDorado) and considering that they have historically been a major NABI customer, NABI could definitely have the chance. I'd probably give about a 35% chance to New Flyer, 35% to NABI, 20% to ElDorado, and 10% to Gillig.

Remember they have a larger order of 416's for NJT to replace the Nova RTS'.

LACMTA has some Metro 45C CompoBuses on order, scheduled for delivery late 2012 or early 2013. Also, Autoridad Metropolitana de Autobuses in San Juan, Puerto Rico has some NABI 60-BRTs on order for the Bayamon-Toa Baja BRT. In addition, NABI is currently bidding for the City of Phoenix contract (alongside New Flyer, Gillig, and ElDorado) and considering that they have historically been a major NABI customer, NABI could definitely have the chance. I'd probably give about a 35% chance to New Flyer, 35% to NABI, 20% to ElDorado, and 10% to Gillig.

I think DART in Dallas? Also Ordered 40LFW's

• 1 month later...

Anyone know what transit agency operates this NABI? "Spur" BRT system

From Metro Magazine's April 2012 in Pictures: http://www.metro-mag...spx?imageID=308

Appears to be Fort Worth Transportation Authority (Texas)

http://blogs.star-telegram.com/honkin_mad/2011/10/new-spur-buses-in-east-fort-worth-are-huge-burn-cng-and-capable-of-turning-red-lights-green.html

Remember they have a larger order of 416's for NJT to replace the Nova RTS'.

Would love to see details of this NABI order added to the wiki page for current bus orders here:

http://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Current_Transit_Bus_Orders

Would love to see details of this NABI order added to the wiki page for current bus orders here:

http://cptdb.ca/wiki...nsit_Bus_Orders

http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=New_Jersey_Transit

2008-2013 models number 5201-5450 Model 416.15 Suburban (40-SFW) and 5501-6553 Model 416.15 (40-SFW). So buy the time the last bus is in service NJT will have 1303 of the Model 416.15.

NABI seems strong in the BRT market, considering the 60-BRT has greatly outsold the New Flyer x60LFA. New Flyer is now pushing the Xx60 Xcelsior for BRT applications.

I was thinking the same, that NABI is selling some 60 foot BRT models whereas I don't know of BRT sales lately for New Flyer.

With the first Xcelsior artics now being produced, that may change. I know that a lot of new BRT service is being planned across the US.