Owen Sound Transit

what a "good investment" to get them at about $1500 a piece lol..........just wondering why 503 has much less mileage (about 110000km) among all the 5 units which has about 600000km on? is that bus always active in the garage only?

what a "good investment" to get them at about $1500 a piece lol..........just wondering why 503 has much less mileage (about 110000km) among all the 5 units which has about 600000km on? is that bus always active in the garage only?

Is that the one with the blown engine?

Given that it is listed as having similar hours of service as the other 2005 units I would take a guess the mileage on that one is inaccurate. Perhaps it had a replacement engine/transmission a few years ago and what's being reported is the engine readings, or it's just a inaccurate recording.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Thought I'd leave this here. The city of Owen Sound has applied for a $1.45 million grant from the province to establish a daily bus service to Guelph. They hope to find out if they are successful by April 30th. Currently, the only regular intercity bus service to Owen Sound is a Greyhound route from Toronto that runs via Barrie. 

I'm not sure who would operate this service, but I think its relevant to transit in Owen Sound. This route would almost certainly run along Highway 6, so it would also pass through Durham, Mount Forest, and Fergus. 

http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/2018/03/06/owen-sound-proposes-daily-bus-service-to-guelph

13 hours ago, WMATAC40LF said:

Thought I'd leave this here. The city of Owen Sound has applied for a $1.45 million grant from the province to establish a daily bus service to Guelph. They hope to find out if they are successful by April 30th. Currently, the only regular intercity bus service to Owen Sound is a Greyhound route from Toronto that runs via Barrie. 

I'm not sure who would operate this service, but I think its relevant to transit in Owen Sound. This route would almost certainly run along Highway 6, so it would also pass through Durham, Mount Forest, and Fergus. 

http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/2018/03/06/owen-sound-proposes-daily-bus-service-to-guelph

Greyhound use to have the Guelph to Owen Sound line. Then Aboutown took over it and ruined it. Honestly GO Transit should be taking over all these routes. There is money to be made for the old lines.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Thought I'd share this... The City of Owen Sound has hired Voyago to provide two daily bus roundtrips between Owen Sound and Guelph (with seven stops in between). According to the article below, the buses will seat 20-22 passengers (so they are probably cutaways). The service will start this coming January, and run until March 31st, 2023 per the contract.

https://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/news/local-news/owen-sound-hires-voyago-to-provide-daily-bus-service-to-guelph 

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
On 10/30/2019 at 9:06 PM, WMATAC40LF said:

Thought I'd share this... The City of Owen Sound has hired Voyago to provide two daily bus roundtrips between Owen Sound and Guelph (with seven stops in between). According to the article below, the buses will seat 20-22 passengers (so they are probably cutaways). The service will start this coming January, and run until March 31st, 2023 per the contract.

https://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/news/local-news/owen-sound-hires-voyago-to-provide-daily-bus-service-to-guelph 

And it seems Kasper has undercut them by mysteriously announcing the same route and cheaper fare. Claiming they came up with the route two years ago which we all know is probably not true and will oppose any other licence grants. So that meams he will be opposing Voyago's license. Pretty sneaky if you ask me.

https://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/news/local-news/second-operator-plans-guelph-to-owen-sound-transportation-service/amp

• Like 1
16 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

And it seems Kasper has undercut them by mysteriously announcing the same route and cheaper fare. Claiming they came up with the route two years ago which we all know is probably not true and will oppose any other licence grants. So that meams he will be opposing Voyago's license. Pretty sneaky if you ask me.

https://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/news/local-news/second-operator-plans-guelph-to-owen-sound-transportation-service/amp

Yeah, I saw that on Facebook, and I thought it was rather sneaky as well. I foresee this being a long, drawn out legal/bureaucratic battle that'll delay service even more.

Mini "bus war" like Britain had in the 90s?

1 hour ago, MCI102A3 said:

Yeah, I saw that on Facebook, and I thought it was rather sneaky as well. I foresee this being a long, drawn out legal/bureaucratic battle that'll delay service even more.

Mini "bus war" like Britain had in the 90s?

I have heard of that company being aggressive to other companies. The fact that they boasted about not needing government funding really caught Owen Sound's attention.

1 hour ago, TTC 9701 said:

I have heard of that company being aggressive to other companies. The fact that they boasted about not needing government funding really caught Owen Sound's attention.

Yeah, they expanded into Manitoba some years ago and took over the famous Selkirk-Winnipeg commuter line, then I believe abandoned it a year later.

Idk what the locals thought about it, but the optics of a bus with Ontario license plates running a local commuter route in Manitoba didn't look good in my eyes.