yrt304

Owen Sound Transit

So here's a good question. I recently stumbled on a few photos of a D40 running in service. Anyone have info on this? Its just plain white.

Can you post the pictures? It could have been a demonstrator when Owen Sound was looking to get their D40LF buses. Is there any indication of year?

So here's a good question. I recently stumbled on a few photos of a D40 running in service. Anyone have info on this? Its just plain white.

would it be one of those ex-OCTA D40LF that Pacific Western brought up from the States for Terminal shuttle before?

It was a 1993 demo loan to Owen Sound before Beaver Bus Line got the D40 with removed rear door.

Also another news, First Student got the contract for the 8 year deal after they found Miller was costing too high to pay their contractor. But, there are talks now the Eldorado maintenance are costing too high, so we may expect to see cutaways sometimes in the future!

Your photo link didn't work.

Now hopefully it works. I heard they went to First Student. Their back up is a cutaway schoolie.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/janboic/14008792989/in/set-72157625028408476

https://www.flickr.com/photos/janboic/sets/72157625028408476/

wow interesting, it looks like this D40 demo has BC Transit(Translink) spec, very cool never know there is a D40 ever operating in Owen Sound

The EZ riders are only 9 years old and they are about to go? i thought they can last longer than that~~

I wonder how they are maintained... EZ Riders are good vehicles. Stratford runs the same model and I have never seen issues with them

The ElDorado E-Z Rider II is only a medium-duty bus, which means it should be lasting about 7-10 years. These units are from 2005 (and one from 2006) so they're definitely within that range. York Region has needed to put a lot of TLC into their 2005 E-Z Rider II fleet to keep them running, including putting brand new engines into them. I have a feeling that Owen Sound hasn't been putting as much effort as York Region has been into their fleet - it's tougher to take a bus off the road for preventative maintenance when you can only afford one bus off the road at a time.

An engine in a transit bus will not withstand the chassis' projected lifespan. That should be a given. 5 years intensive use is my professional projection. 4 years for the transmission, if you're lucky.

The gm's were infamous for reliability not for the longevity of the powertrain, but for the ease that it could be replaced.

The ElDorado E-Z Rider II is only a medium-duty bus, which means it should be lasting about 7-10 years.

While that may be your personal opinion, the EZ-Rider II has been tested for 12 year/500,000 mile life, which defines it as heavy duty in pretty much any bus tender.