Jump to content

Valley Metro (Phoenix)


ABQ RIDE
 Share

Recommended Posts

Valley Metro says it wrote checks for two MCIs in May, one on June 9, three more on June 29. That should include 7014-7019.

Also there is word that it intends to eliminate seven East Valley Express roundtrips in October, including route 541 entirely. That would cool the needs for more MCIs right away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 3we said:

Valley Metro says it wrote checks for two MCIs in May, one on June 9, three more on June 29. That should include 7014-7019.

Also there is word that it intends to eliminate seven East Valley Express roundtrips in October, including route 541 entirely. That would cool the needs for more MCIs right away.

So, 7017 and 7018 will still be used on TotalRide's express routes when in service?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, The XDE60 said:

So, 7017 and 7018 will still be used on TotalRide's express routes when in service?

If the priority is to get rid of the D40LFRs...

 

2 hours ago, Phoenix Bus Channel said:

Does anyone know the whereabouts of 1643? It is confirmed to exist, but it has never showed up on TransSee, and I have never personally seen it on route.

That's the Buckeye Circulator. I can't find any information as to whether that is running, and it may not have a transponder (like Peoria). It's a Spirit of Mobility (like Peoria).

Edited - isn't that the "Route 685" short route that operates within Buckeye city limits?  That can't possibly be operated by Ajo.

Edited by 3we
Updated info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, 3we said:

If the priority is to get rid of the D40LFRs...

 

That's the Buckeye Circulator. I can't find any information as to whether that is running, and it may not have a transponder (like Peoria). It's a Spirit of Mobility (like Peoria).

Edited - isn't that the "Route 685" short route that operates within Buckeye city limits?  That can't possibly be operated by Ajo.

I assumed that it was a ZOOM bus because the Wiki says it's operated by Total Transit. Is the Wiki incorrect?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wiki is correct for what it says (except for the Glendale/RPTA part)...it is operated by Total Transit...but it's the Buckeye Circulator. But if you go to the Ajo Transportation website, it says that it operates the Buckeye short trips. It would be quite a haul to ferry that bus from Ajo to Buckeye everyday to do those trips. Then again, it's 35 miles from Total Ride yard to Buckeye. The other Buckeye bus is 41141 (which is operated by Ajo).

ZOOM has 1617-1622 and 1644-1649.

POGO has 2254-2259 which is also Total Ride,

 

Found another listing that shows 41141 and 1643 garaged in Buckeye.

Edited by 3we
Updated info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Phoenix Bus Channel said:

7017 is online as of today, but has yet to go on route.

I knew TotalRide would get 7017, now they just have to wait for 7018 to arrive. Not sure if they'd also get 7020-7023. It seems like that 7024-7033 would be for East Valley express routes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Given that RPTA buses started advertising last spring, they could also get the "This bus stops at all railroad crossings" and "No right turn on red" stickers to further allign with Phoenix buses.

If these two yellow stickers were to be installed on RPTA buses, would both Mesa and Tempe garages install them at the same time, or one garage at a time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/5/2022 at 9:19 AM, The XDE60 said:

Given that RPTA buses started advertising last spring, they could also get the "This bus stops at all railroad crossings" and "No right turn on red" stickers to further allign with Phoenix buses.

If these two yellow stickers were to be installed on RPTA buses, would both Mesa and Tempe garages install them at the same time, or one garage at a time?

Depends how they would add them. If it's just dropped in as part of either a routine deep cleaning schedule or done during the PM then probably both garages. If it's something they just assign a tech to specifically to get it done, then maybe one yard at a time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Phoenix Bus Channel said:

Does anyone know what is up with this month's Sierra auction? Most of the catalog looks like a bunch of out-of-state listings but they are listed as "Sierra Auction Phoenix"

I have no idea, but I sure am expecting 6492 and perhaps another 2007 D40LFR in the auction book this time around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The following buses have not been on route in approximately one or more months according to TransSee: 

1506, 1511, 1518, 1587, 1611, 1617, 1619, 1620, 1647, 1649, 1653, 3003, 3009, 4501, 4512, 4515, 4516, 4517, 5005, 5014, 5015, 5024, 5027, 5037, 5039, 5046, 5047, 5049, 5052, 5055, 5062, 5114, 5116, 5127, 5131, 5140, 5151, 5173, 5184, 5189, 5199, 5243, 5246, 5252, 5257, 5260, 5264, 5611, 5639, 5665, 6688, 6696, 6722, 6739, 6823, 6842, 6858, 6884, 7017, 7177, 7325, 7326, 8065, 8069, 8070, 8079, 8086, 8091, 8092, 8097, 8098, 8100, 8106, 8112, 8113, 8117, 8121, 8125, 8126, 8132, 8133, 8140, 8148, 8151, 8513, 8516, 8518, 8524

The following have been offline for approximately one or more months:

1506, 1518, 1587, 1653, 4501, 4512, 4515, 4516, 5005, 5014, 5027, 5037, 5039, 5046, 5047, 5049, 5052, 5055, 5062, 5116, 5131, 5140, 5184, 5189, 5199, 5243, 5246, 5260, 5665, 6722, 6823, 6884, 7325, 8079, 8098, 8100, 8106, 8113, 8125, 8126, 8148, 8151, 8516, 8518, 8524

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/13/2022 at 12:26 PM, Phoenix Bus Channel said:

The following buses have not been on route in approximately one or more months according to TransSee: 

1506, 1511, 1518, 1587, 1611, 1617, 1619, 1620, 1647, 1649, 1653, 3003, 3009, 4501, 4512, 4515, 4516, 4517, 5005, 5014, 5015, 5024, 5027, 5037, 5039, 5046, 5047, 5049, 5052, 5055, 5062, 5114, 5116, 5127, 5131, 5140, 5151, 5173, 5184, 5189, 5199, 5243, 5246, 5252, 5257, 5260, 5264, 5611, 5639, 5665, 6688, 6696, 6722, 6739, 6823, 6842, 6858, 6884, 7017, 7177, 7325, 7326, 8065, 8069, 8070, 8079, 8086, 8091, 8092, 8097, 8098, 8100, 8106, 8112, 8113, 8117, 8121, 8125, 8126, 8132, 8133, 8140, 8148, 8151, 8513, 8516, 8518, 8524

The following have been offline for approximately one or more months:

1506, 1518, 1587, 1653, 4501, 4512, 4515, 4516, 5005, 5014, 5027, 5037, 5039, 5046, 5047, 5049, 5052, 5055, 5062, 5116, 5131, 5140, 5184, 5189, 5199, 5243, 5246, 5260, 5665, 6722, 6823, 6884, 7325, 8079, 8098, 8100, 8106, 8113, 8125, 8126, 8148, 8151, 8516, 8518, 8524

4510 and 8133 have returned to routes today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...