Valley Metro (Phoenix)

4 hours ago, Eren Jaeger said:

It seems one of the D60LFs went to TriMet in Portland. Any clue what unit number was it?

I don't what number it used to be, but I know the seats were swapped out.

• Thanks 1
On 3/27/2021 at 11:19 AM, JAX Transit 2000 said:

Are these units in running condition 

The D60LFs were, I believe the Compobuses were not. Those two were the last to leave the fleet.

2 hours ago, 3we said:

The D60LFs were, I believe the Compobuses were not. Those two were the last to leave the fleet.

Did Valley Metro sell all of their Last NABI 45C-LFWs at the Junkyard  for  European parts yet from Hungary 

10 hours ago, JAX Transit 2000 said:

Did Valley Metro sell all of their Last NABI 45C-LFWs at the Junkyard  for  European parts yet from Hungary 

I show every one of those buses were auctioned. Don't know the buyer- could have been for parts.

Saw something I wasn't expecting today - #1651 operating Orbit Earth in Tempe. Appears to be Gillig 30' CNG. It was painted in a solid blue Orbit scheme (same as the Star Trans buses) and not in the silver/blue like the ENC buses.

Happened so fast I didn't get a chance to snap a pic.

Also on the Siemens deliveries, looks like at least 8 cars have been delivered. Highest fleet number I've seen on the property so far is #208. Have seen #202 out and about on occasional test runs. I imagine when we start seeing a handful more cars testing on the tracks, we'll be closer to seeing them in revenue service.

36 minutes ago, 425_480 said:

Saw something I wasn't expecting today - #1651 operating Orbit Earth in Tempe. Appears to be Gillig 30' CNG. It was painted in a solid blue Orbit scheme (same as the Star Trans buses) and not in the silver/blue like the ENC buses.

Yes, the new Orbit buses are Gillg 30s. Bus 1649 is an Equus, so the first Orbit should be 1650.

Spotted 8151 on 170E, with a modified version of the old destination sign format... I would figure now that 8109 is back on roads, it may have the old destination sign format for a while.

2 hours ago, The XDE60 said:

Spotted 8151 on 170E, with a modified version of the old destination sign format... I would figure now that 8109 is back on roads, it may have the old destination sign format for a while.

I've noticed the old sign format on the remaining D40LFs as well as scattered First Transit buses as well as the newest artics. 

What is very interesting is a C40LFR I saw on route 138 the other day that had the new sign format except it was displaying the sign for route 184. 

19 hours ago, newflyerxn40 said:

Ex Valley Metro 6609 at a movie shoot in Los Angeles, CA. 

This bus is one of the many Ex Valley Metro C40LFR's here in LA. My friend owns this bus. 

received_153020763396110.jpeg

received_911466573016128.jpeg

Is this set in Fake New York City in the background 

2 hours ago, JAX Transit 2000 said:

Is this set in Fake New York City in the background 

More like "real" L.A.; that's the garage entrance for the Milliennium Biltmore in downtown LA.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoted 8109 on my way home from work at 41W. Surpised it got the new destination sign format quicker than I thought.

Also note that 8053, 8057, 8059 and 8061 are to be sold on Saturday (unless any other buses show up).