Valley Metro (Phoenix)

ABQ RIDE

19 minutes ago, PhxCNG said:

Theyre doing rapid Bus training, anyone knows where else they train?, they came down south 7th st, then east on greenway do they do i-17 then sr 51 route?

20170420_064025.jpg

Based on when I went through training, it's completely random. Depending on how many trainers there are, they'll usually split the trainees into groups, then pick a different route per group. They then start them downtown, and head out to a Park and Ride.

7124 is a North bus, so more than likely they were heading back to the North yard after visiting the SR-51 Park and Rides..

9 hours ago, Azbusguy said:

6533. This is the list of all in service buses at North Garage

KIMG1013.JPG

Thanks.

I didn't realize that all of Transdev's 5000s (C40LFRs) were now at the North Garage. I guess it makes sense to standardize and have the C40LFRs at North and the Gilligs at South (although West has both). 

Also, I didn't know that the North garage had artics (I thought I'd read somewhere that it couldn't handle artics).

It's shocking that only 2 1999s are still in service. As recently as 3 weeks ago I saw several. 

1 hour ago, Ztonyg said:

Also, I didn't know that the North garage had artics (I thought I'd read somewhere that it couldn't handle artics).

I've never heard that at all.

Note that for the RAPID artics, the I-17 and SR-51 RAPID routes are based at the North garage.

2 hours ago, Ztonyg said:

How do they even schedule these? There are only 6 units. If you schedule 5/6 at peak, that is a 20% spare ratio ... but the denominator there is so small, I can't understand how the normal spare ratio figures would even apply. 

Maybe they only schedule 4/6 ... and on what route?

When I first started in Service, all the New Flyer CNG's were at North Garage, and all the 6500s were at South garage. When South got it's CNG tanks installed, North sent 10 or so of the CNG's to South so they could test and use the system while waiting for the Gilligs. They sent a bunch of 6500's and 6200's North as a swap (I think North got cheated). When they started retiring the 6200's from North, South started sending the New Flyer CNG's and a few 6500's up to replace them.

The 6200's have been retiring at about 2 or 3 a week. 3 weeks ago, there were 8. Last night, there were 2.

The artics are all parked at the end of the 1st lane so they have a straight shot in and out for parking.

I have no idea how the artics are scheduled. Some days, they all go out, and other days, none go out. And it's never the same days per week.

Starting tonight, I start working at South Garage. I have no idea what buses they have there anymore.

Yeah. OP= Off Property (Usually for work that our shop can't do, like extensive body work, engine work that only Cummings can perform, or it's at another yard. They've also been sending buses to Winslow for some kind of upgrade); DH= Dead Hole (out of service waiting to go into the shop); SH= Shop (in the shop); NU= Not Used (It wasn't sent out the day before)

22 minutes ago, 3we said:

Those twinkling tail lights on the XN60s are weird. There appears to be a problem with the lower left one on 7167.

I noticed that too, I cant remember if it was my camera or the actual light