[Photos]Glendale Beeline Newflyer C35LFR

ATE2

Glendale Beeline has ordered some C35LFRs from Newflyer and all of them are now in service. Besides those C35LFRs, it also order some C40LFRs. (i only saw two of them, which are B73 and B74)

C40LFR

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0441-1.jpg

C35LFR

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

Others

Gillig Phantom

IMG_0431.jpg

C40LF

IMG_0451.jpg

C35LF

IMG_0428.jpg

Thanks for watching

Seems like New Flyer is really cornering the municipal operator market for Southern California, Torrance Transit has their first GE40LFR in the yard (will post pics when I'm allowed to) and are waiting for the next nine which will launch around April. I have to say, it's a huge upgrade from the Gilligs!

Seems like New Flyer is really cornering the municipal operator market for Southern California, Torrance Transit has their first GE40LFR in the yard (will post pics when I'm allowed to) and are waiting for the next nine which will launch around April. I have to say, it's a huge upgrade from the Gilligs!

Seems so, while more agencies here in LA are turning to New Flyer instead of Gillig, there are others who are turning to NABI. City of Commerce ordered enough CNG 35-LFW's to replace most of their fleet. Santa Monica Big Blue bus has some 60-BRT's on order, the last two orders in the City of Santa Clarita fleet are NABI's (60-BRT's and Restyled 40-LFW's), and Foothill Transit's last 4 orders were NABI's. It'll be interesting to see who becomes the dominant manufacturer in LA municipal fleets in the years to come.

Seems so, while more agencies here in LA are turning to New Flyer instead of Gillig, there are others who are turning to NABI. City of Commerce ordered enough CNG 35-LFW's to replace most of their fleet. Santa Monica Big Blue bus has some 60-BRT's on order, the last two orders in the City of Santa Clarita fleet are NABI's (60-BRT's and Restyled 40-LFW's), and Foothill Transit's last 4 orders were NABI's. It'll be interesting to see who becomes the dominant manufacturer in LA municipal fleets in the years to come.

I don't think Gillig will cede that market without a fight! Especially since the erosion of their market is due to the stringent Southern CA emission standards rather than the inheritent shortcomings of their own products. They were no longer able to compete in that market since 2002/03 as they don't make CNG buses. However, they recently put a gasoline-electric hybrid version of their BRT into trial in Fort Myers, Florida with LeeTran. If that trial is successful, it may well upend the market shares in LA county municipal agencies for the manufacturers again.

Glendale Beeline has ordered some C35LFRs from Newflyer and all of them are now in service. Besides those C35LFRs, it also order some C40LFRs. (i only saw two of them, which are B73 and B74)

C40LFR

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0441-1.jpg

C35LFR

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

Others

Gillig Phantom

IMG_0431.jpg

C40LF

IMG_0451.jpg

C35LF

IMG_0428.jpg

Thanks for watching

So since these got that new engine cooler in the back then i guess that means that they only have a front roof hatch then.