mtltransitguy missing in action

M.Wright

Well normally I try to avoid creating new topics but most of us know him. Right now he is missing, he was last seen Tuesday in Ottawa, which is why I posted this here. His dad contacted me at work today while I was closing at 10:30 on my cell and alerted me that he was missing. He was apparently supposed to come to Ottawa for a short trip but he still hasn't come back to Montreal.

His dad has filed a missing person report with the Ottawa Police Service so this is serious. I among others are especially worried since right now in Ottawa it is quite cold out and he also didn't come with enough cash to stay in a place for this long.

His dad is also very worried about him, so worried that he even came to Ottawa. Tomorrow we're having a search party with cars to drive around certain parts of the city to look for him at noon at Bank and Chamberlain at the Parking Lot there.

Anyway here are some photos, if you spot someone who looks like this, ask him if he is Jeffery.

16331_353712155726_719020726_10078800_5325970_n.jpg

18557_438326235726_719020726_10890306_6995314_n.jpg

I did a huge search out, pulled an all-nighter. I had transit law put out an a.p.b. & within an hour he was supposedly spotted in orleans according to a driver, i searched orleans, north gloucester, most of the east/west transitway stations, downtown & barrhaven. I've searched most of the places i could see him going to. Hopefully the search party will have better luck than i did.

I wont be joining the search party right away due to the fact i pulled an all-nighter looking for him. I should be able to join up around 3ish-4ish depending on if the car is at the house

Condolences, Mike ;). I know how it feels to lose a grandparent. I lost my grandfather on my dad's side when I was in Grade 9.

Jeff and I used to hang out quite a bit, but that was almost two years ago. He was one of the first Montreal-based transit fans I went fanning with, and I learned a lot from him. He even arranged a charter of his own in March '09 with an '89 Classic from the STL in Laval as a farewell to roll signs. It was a great charter, even if the weather kinda sucked. I haven't heard anythng from Jeff in almost a year now. I assumed he was busy at school or something. And now this comes up.

A bunch of us (myself, Mystic, Braniff, Hurdmanhugz, and Trav) were on MSN until, like, 3:15 AM last night trying to figure out where Jeff might have gotten to, and how / why he might have done it. There were many possibilities and theories as to where he might have ended up thrown around, and each one had some validity to it. Trav even volunteered to check out some possible locations in the Ottawa area, which he did, as mentioned above. I hope Jeff turns up soon. Best of luck to those of you who are participating in today's search party with Jeff's dad.

Well normally I try to avoid creating new topics but most of us know him. Right now he is missing, he was last seen Tuesday in Ottawa, which is why I posted this here. His dad contacted me at work today while I was closing at 10:30 on my cell and alerted me that he was missing. He was apparently supposed to come to Ottawa for a short trip but he still hasn't come back to Montreal.

His dad has filed a missing person report with the Ottawa Police Service so this is serious. I among others are especially worried since right now in Ottawa it is quite cold out and he also didn't come with enough cash to stay in a place for this long.

His dad is also very worried about him, so worried that he even came to Ottawa. Tomorrow we're having a search party with cars to drive around certain parts of the city to look for him at noon at Bank and Chamberlain at the Parking Lot there.

Anyway here are some photos, if you spot someone who looks like this, ask him if he is Jeffery.

16331_353712155726_719020726_10078800_5325970_n.jpg

18557_438326235726_719020726_10890306_6995314_n.jpg

Oh my, I wish someone could find him as soon as possible. ;) It's sad to hear something like this happening, especially when it comes to someone on this forum...

And to add to the whole thing, my grandmother died this morning, my last grandparent. But I'll still search like I did as that won't stop me.

I'm sorry for you, but I actually never met my grand-father, he died 1 or 2 years before I was born. :)

If it helps, Jeff usually wears a top coat like this one in the winter:

n719020726_6491628_3914377.jpg

In addition, he loves plaid shirts, and is usually wearing one. He'd usually have one on, plus this coat when we'd hang out in the winter. The strap around him is his camera bag, and he uses a Canon Rebel XSi camera.

I hope this helps in the search.