Alberta Railway Museum

James

Well today I visited the Alberta Railway Museum which is not open to the public at this time of the year, however since I've now become a member, i figured i might as well post some photo's. I hope to be out during the summer a bit showcasing equipment to the tourists and maybe even operating some equipment. I'm still involved in the ERRS however the ARM is only 10 minutes from my house instead of 45 or so minutes so it makes a big difference.

Anyways here are some photo's I took today.

P2060422.JPGP2060423.JPG

P2060425.JPGP2060426.JPG

P2060427.JPGP2060428.JPG

P2060429.JPGP2060430.JPG

P2060431.JPGP2060432.JPG

P2060433.JPGP2060434.JPG

P2060435.JPGP2060436.JPG

P2060437.JPGP2060438.JPG

P2060439.JPGP2060440.JPG

P2060441.JPG

Yes 6000 is there and was being worked on while i was there. I forgot to grab a pic of it but it is in the one heated shop and was just having the batteries hooked back up after a charge.

ACtually if you look beside the 1392 here, youll see 6000

P2060422.JPG

• 5 months later...

An great weekend for me included my start of training with the Alberta Railway Museum. Yesterday i made a couple hour trip to the museum to start training on a Speeder. Today i returned and started my training to write my track exam which im hoping to do this week and soon ill get certified on the speeder and work on up on the equipment. The ARM is a lot different than what im used to with the ERRS. ARM falls under provincial guidlines under the Alberta Railway Act and more specificaly the Alberta Historical railway act. So training can only be done by a provincially qualified instructer. One of the big things is our lines connect to the CN lines and so therefore we have to be aware of all therules surrounding it. Some of our equipement does at times go out the cn line but thats an additiional set of qualifications. Eventually i would like to get all of mine but first if i go through the museums, even geting up to small locomotives (15-25 ton) or bigger (50-90 Tons) then i am sure ill be more ready for more.

Unit 9000 spent a few days down in Canmore. It is sitting somewhere on CN property waiting for them to return it. Its not easy for us to get it back because it needs to be on the end of a train consist otherwise they have to break the consist, back the train into our yars, then get back out and reconnect.

We were hoping it would show up today but that didnt happen!

• 3 weeks later...

What a fun day for me at the Alberta RAilway Museum today. We started up the Diesel-Electric locomotive & moved around quite a few rail cars. Took a lot of switching switches & coupling and uncoupling cars together but we succeeded. with the moves they did on wednesday, some regulars are going to be confused! lol. Also took a tire off of one of our backhoes. boy who thought 10 boldts would take so long to loosen and remove!

You can view photo's on my facebook page or at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=230130&id=612681702&l=bc79440c3f

• 3 years later...
  • Board Admin

Psst, what's under the white and the grey tarps???

Wish I knew!

Wow do I hate the way Flickr is now.

Been trying to confirm if the coach 9000 was with was an ex Montreal EMU. Looks like it is.

Yeah, I saw the STCUM decal so I made a point of taking a picture of it.

Those windows are like school bus windows! Two layers of them too.