GRT Automated Announcements

Guest 1231

Didn't someone say in the other thread that the infrastructure is already in place? It's needed to make easyGO work, right?

The software for INIT is installed in all the CPU's for the system (so I've been told) it's the driver info (itineraries) that needs to be "installed" from what I underdstand.

that mid 112 was on 2430

mid 112 just indicates an error. system is looking for something that isn't there.. mid 112 IIRC is dest sign or something like that.. I actually can't remember exactly though as I rarely see error codes with YRT buses anymore.

mid 112 just indicates an error. system is looking for something that isn't there..

Probably had a Destination sign showing all "+++++++++++"

Driver just had to input the data 'manually' and it "might" have cleared.

Probably had a Destination sign showing all "+++++++++++"

Driver just had to input the data 'manually' and it "might" have cleared.

ah wait.. mid 112 i believe is Interior Display not connected... that error if showing on the INIT system will not clear until the guys installing it fix the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

2418 and 2425 are operating and displaying stops only. 2418 was on the 7D/7F and 2425 was on the 24.

2418 only announces iXpress stops as expected. I am not sure about 2425.

The way the stops are displayed is similar to that of YRT/Viva. However, some stops are scrolling whereas some other ones are not.

When idling:

24 to (Forest Heights direction)

24 Highland to

Downtown (Inbound direction presumably)

7 to

7F Fairview via Wilson

I figured they would use

7F Mainline

to Fairview via wilson

Stop examples:

24:

Highland/Patricia

Highland far of Westmount

Highland Hills Mall Terminal

7D:

UW - Environment 2 (currently defunct due to Environment 3 construction)

UW - Biology 2 (currently at Needles Hall, they should fix that)

UW at B.C. Matthews Hall

Columbia at railway tracks (got a chuckle out of this one)

Columbia/Albert

So as of now all of the 24XX buses have the INIT installed and a couple of the 27XX's I believe. They seem to be pulling on or two buses out of service for a week to install the system. All of the Itineraries are programmed into the system with the time points (although some seem to be a little off) we are just waiting for the audible announcements to be activated.

In what I've seen of the 24xx on the 7 and 8, there are kinks that need to be worked out. "Next stop" is displayed for far too long, and probably half the time the stop name being shown is the one that was just passed. They also need to go through all the stops and shorten and elucidate some of them. This is something they should maybe crowdsource.

And they need to make the route name be displayed on a single, perhaps scrolling display: "7D UW via University", and get rid of the "7 to".

when will the 26xx be getting it ? i was on 2611 today and it dont have it yet

After the 24XX's are all done (which I think they are) they are going to start on the Novas with an apperently random order, then move on to the older buses. I would imagine the 23XX's then 22XX's and so on with the exception of the 92XX's that is.

move on to the older buses. I would imagine the 23XX's then 22XX's and so on with the exception of the 92XX's that is.

There's actually a lot more exceptions, it's only buses 12 years old or newer. The budget issue paper seems to have had some math problems when it said 89% of the fleet and complete by 2012. The report to council says complete by 2014 (when 12 year replacement cycle is complete), and only 74% of the fleet this year. The exact number of buses matches the wiki's listing of buses 12 years old or newer, plus the new buses purchased this year. So that means buses that are getting outfitted are the GRT purchased buses plus a few ex-Cambridge buses from 1998 and 1999.

There's actually a lot more exceptions, it's only buses 12 years old or newer. The budget issue paper seems to have had some math problems when it said 89% of the fleet and complete by 2012. The report to council says complete by 2014 (when 12 year replacement cycle is complete), and only 74% of the fleet this year. The exact number of buses matches the wiki's listing of buses 12 years old or newer, plus the new buses purchased this year. So that means buses that are getting outfitted are the GRT purchased buses plus a few ex-Cambridge buses from 1998 and 1999.

That's confusing. :D

Is it just the Low Floors that are getting the INIT? And is it better than our Rangers?

As stated before, only buses that are 12 years or newer will be getting it. This means the oldest buses equipped will be the ex-Cambridge Transit first gen LFSes.