Jump to content
buswizard

The Random Thoughts Thread

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

Why does everyone think I'm acting like an admin or moderator?

I'm really getting tired of it!

Not everyone !!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

Why does everyone think I'm acting like an admin or moderator?

I'm really getting tired of it!

Don’t be so hard on yourself.  Continuing to be hard on yourself will just make you continually more angry towards people.  You can always make a change in yourself.

14 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

Not everyone !!!

Agreed, Captain!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TechSpotlight said:

Don’t be so hard on yourself.  Continuing to be hard on yourself will just make you continually more angry towards people.  You can always make a change in yourself.

Agreed, Captain!

I'm not trying to be hard on myself. I just think everyone who is accusing me of acting like a moderator or admin just don't like me and they want me permanently banned.

This is supposed to welcoming board open for everyone. Everybody is supposed to treat each other with respect and make others feel safe.

If this just keeps going I just don't know if I can stay here or not! 😥

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STO_1601 said:

I'm not trying to be hard on myself. I just think everyone who is accusing me of acting like a moderator or admin just don't like me and they want me permanently banned.

This is supposed to welcoming board open for everyone. Everybody is supposed to treat each other with respect and make others feel safe.

If this just keeps going I just don't know if I can stay here or not! 😥

 

Unforunately, there will always be that one person who has negative views on you.  Don’t listen to those people.  People should not impact your ability to post or stay on the board.  From what I’m seeing, you’re not a bad person and are pretty active when it comes to reporting about new units in service, or units recently retired for OC T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Late 70s at least, my childhood collection from circa 1985 had different cab shapes

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 2:04 PM, TechSpotlight said:

Unforunately, there will always be that one person who has negative views on you.  Don’t listen to those people.  People should not impact your ability to post or stay on the board.  From what I’m seeing, you’re not a bad person and are pretty active when it comes to reporting about new units in service, or units recently retired for OC T.

Especially this one member (not naming him) who keeps thinking that I have multiple accounts and complains about non-rare bus spottings on a general OC spotting thread. Can he not understand that just because two people have similar names does not mean it is the same person under two different accounts? I understand the name similarity being suspicious for him but he needs to drop it.

I understand where he's coming from with the spottings but it is supposed to be a general thread. In my opinion, general spottings still have a place on this board as they can be of historic value. It's not a rare sighting thread. 

He is a good poster in some cases, but in the Ottawa section, he's mostly posting things that are off topic or that are not really needed in the first place. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Especially this one member (not naming him) who keeps thinking that I have multiple accounts and complains about non-rare bus spottings on a general OC spotting thread. Can he not understand that just because two people have similar names does not mean it is the same person under two different accounts? I understand the name similarity being suspicious for him but he needs to drop it.

I understand where he's coming from with the spottings but it is supposed to be a general thread. In my opinion, general spottings still have a place on this board as they can be of historic value. It's not a rare sighting thread. 

He is a good poster in some cases, but in the Ottawa section, he's mostly posting things that are off topic or that are not really needed in the first place. 

The best thing to do in a case like this is just to ignore him, use the report button instead (that's what it's there for) and the admins will take care of it.

I think I know who you're thinking of and yes he won't stop calling me a moderator (others started to get involved) just because I pointed out the rules of the forum, but seriously we have to remind other members of the rules too because admins are not always here to tell us to do so.

and to add to that, He derailed the 2019 Nova LFS order thread and SMS had to close it. But it's back open again and running smoothly again!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

Nice!  Enjoy!

Thanks! It's is grat to own a great piece of history. But, there are some things that I will have to fix. Other than a nice layer of dust and dirt, the window of the cab Is pretty lose, but not enought for It to come out. I got a lot of congratulations from my family and other random people while I was walking back to.my house.

In addition to that, I have a few projects for this year. They have been sitting In my backyard for a few years.

20190525_202432.thumb.jpg.f8ed539574c7edf84d66a134bc75a72e.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the only reason why I haven't lost Wiki edit status yet (despite being a pain at times) is because I've made significant change to the OC routes page and have above 3,000 + edits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

I think the only reason why I haven't lost Wiki edit status yet (despite being a pain at times) is because I've made significant change to the OC routes page and have above 3,000 + edits.

According to the wiki editing guidelines, It doesn't state if you are an existing wiki editor that you can lose your wiki editing privileges if you haven't made well thought out posts.

It only states that you can lose your wiki editing privileges if you're not following the wiki editing guidelines.

I understand that we can't help it sometimes when someone is getting on our nerves. But just remember: Don't engage, Use the Report button instead.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2019 at 11:12 PM, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Especially this one member (not naming him) who keeps thinking that I have multiple accounts and complains about non-rare bus spottings on a general OC spotting thread. Can he not understand that just because two people have similar names does not mean it is the same person under two different accounts? I understand the name similarity being suspicious for him but he needs to drop it.

I understand where he's coming from with the spottings but it is supposed to be a general thread. In my opinion, general spottings still have a place on this board as they can be of historic value. It's not a rare sighting thread. 

He is a good poster in some cases, but in the Ottawa section, he's mostly posting things that are off topic or that are not really needed in the first place. 

Lmao, he really thinks that you have two accounts? (Does he say my account is your "duplicate")?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Lmao, he really thinks that you have two accounts? (Does he say my account is your "duplicate")?

Yes, or at least he heavily implies it.

I'm not kidding. He once made a post saying this: 

"Its very strange that all these similar postings are made by individuals with very similar names who post on similar subjects and have all joined the board in the last few months...........:rolleyes:

 

very strange.........."

This was made in March 2018. It's obviously referring to both of us (because we actually do post in similar topics and joined at around the same time, me being three months before you), maybe even ONQCBusFan as well due to the similar user name.

He also said in another thread to me (now deleted): Think before you post, and that also includes your multiple logins..." I've also seen him refer to you as having multiple accounts.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did some eBay shopping the other day and just logged in to see where things were in shipping and took a look at my user profile and discovered that I've been on there since 1998.  Holy crow.  That's probably longer than a lot of the people posting here have been alive!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just completed my first graveyard shift. (8PM - 5:30AM). It feels so strange to be off work and driving the opposite direction when I am normally enroute to work for a day shift. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of immaturity on the board today. I should be amused but rather I find it quite disturbing.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, STO_1601 said:

What is that when you post in the General Lounge your content count doesn't go up?

Probably, and I am just guessing here, because content in this thread doesn't count towards anything meaningful.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...