buswizard

The Random Thoughts Thread

1 hour ago, yvarushin said:

Personally, I'm team Pepsi. Pepsi or Coke?

Neither.  I haven't had a soda pop in around 40 years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, captaintrolley said:

Um, why does my post that you quoted have the other member's name on top of it?

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, captaintrolley said:

That's impressive! I have a coke maybe once every couple months. I love the bubbly stuff so I stick to plain soda 😛 

On 4/30/2018 at 3:50 PM, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Pepsi should really consider bringing back their old globe logo for the generational campaign. It makes sense, after all.

Personally, I'm team Pepsi. Pepsi or Coke?

Coke.

Oh, you meant the drink.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/21/2018 at 11:59 PM, captaintrolley said:

...snip... We just went over our records with a lint free chamois type cloth.  ...snip...

That is far more than most spinners ever did!

I spotted a Prius Prime plug-in-hybrid (which was only released in Ontario two months ago) on consecutive days. On Tuesday afternoon, I saw it on Sheppard Avenue east of Fairview Mall (in the photo). The next morning on Elgin Mills Road in Richmond Hill, I saw a white one used as a driving school vehicle - never saw that coming! Even driving schools embracing EVs?

IMG_20180521_155320.jpg

On 5/25/2018 at 11:14 PM, Transit geek said:

I spotted a Prius Prime plug-in-hybrid (which was only released in Ontario two months ago) on consecutive days. On Tuesday afternoon, I saw it on Sheppard Avenue east of Fairview Mall (in the photo). The next morning on Elgin Mills Road in Richmond Hill, I saw a white one used as a driving school vehicle - never saw that coming! Even driving schools embracing EVs?

IMG_20180521_155320.jpg

God that looks atrocious

If the TTC's subway cars had the lifespan of the MR-63s.

Gloucesters would have retired in 2006.

M-1s retired in 2015.

H-1s would be retiring now.

H-2s and younger would still be going.

• Like 1

Some pointless TTC observations:

1. I have no idea why the Flexities display "via King" while operating on the 504. I thought the whole reason for showing that on the CLRVs signs was because there was no room for the route name. Can't wait until they start running on the 505 Dundas to Dundas West station via Dundas.

2. The 510 Spadina is my new least favourite route. Waiting for 2 minutes at every single light along the route is excruciating.

3. All the beeps and boops during the Flexity door activation process are so annoying. Love the cars, but ugh.

Today marks 4 years since the H6 retirement, and 6 days ago, 5 years since the H5 retirement.

If the TTC's subway cars had the lifespan of the MR-63s.

Hopefully this won't happen in the case of the T1 or TR.

1 hour ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Is it spelled "buses" or "busses"? I am really confused.

The latter just seems so wrong to me. I see common usage of both though, so both acceptable?

Plural of bus is buses.  Plural of buss is busses.  In case you didin't know, a buss is a kiss.  You're welcome.  😊

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, captaintrolley said:

Plural of bus is buses.  Plural of buss is busses.  In case you didin't know, a buss is a kiss.  You're welcome.  😊

Well, some people think that the plural of bus would be busses for whatever reason.

A falsehood doesn't stop being false just because a lot of people propagate it. Just look at how many people don't know how to use apostrophes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Well, some people think that the plural of bus would be busses for whatever reason.

Ignorance doesn't make it right. Just because everyone else does it is a poor excuse for doing something incorrectly. Lead by example, don't follow out of laziness to do your own research.

34 minutes ago, captaintrolley said:

Ignorance doesn't make it right. Just because everyone else does it is a poor excuse for doing something incorrectly. Lead by example, don't follow out of laziness to do your own research.

I know. I personally use it the proper way as I now know it as. :)  

I think these people are referring to kisses traveling around the city picking up passengers.... 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

3 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

A falsehood doesn't stop being false just because a lot of people propagate it. Just look at how many people don't know how to use apostrophes.

So someone actually noticed eh

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

So someone actually noticed eh

I've always noticed, but it is easier to lead by example rather than try and correct a person every single time they use an apostrophe incorrectly.  That in itself would be a monumental task. Ain't nobody got time for that... LOL.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

Actually that's how they used to spell bus a long time ago. 

toronto-YBLomnibus.jpg

2 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

I've always noticed, but it is easier to lead by example rather than try and correct a person every single time they use an apostrophe incorrectly.  That in itself would be a monumental task. Ain't nobody got time for that... LOL.

Already? This year feels like it's been going on forever.

It's been full of personal growth, though, so I feel like that's a good thing. Hopefully by the end of the year I'll have changed so much that you wouldn't recognize me if you last talked to me in December.

• Like 1

WHAT IS THIS!!!!!! 

I honestly hate this shit it is annoying and garbage....

WTF? Looks like somebody forgot to pull out their retainer, or is wearing it upside down