buswizard

The Random Thoughts Thread

6 minutes ago, buizel10 said:

TL is buying all ZF/Allison

Every time I listen to a DD50, I like it more.

Every time I listen to a D40LF w/ISL, I hate them more

I'd love a ZF/Allison only fleet. SO sick of Voith. Don't know why but I find NA models equipped with modern voith units are so reluctant to shift, even if the selector is in D. In Europe, modern Voith buses are in 4th in no time. Here they're still screaming in 1st. 

Hah, I'm the opposite for the last two points. I hate anything older than S50s, and 6V92TAs piss me off more and more. Even S50s are getting old for me.

ISL is the best. TLs ISL D60LFRs sound just like MiWays, which mean they sound sick.

5 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

I'd love a ZF/Allison only fleet. SO sick of Voith. Don't know why but I find NA models equipped with modern voith units are so reluctant to shift, even if the selector is in D. In Europe, modern Voith buses are in 4th in no time. Here they're still screaming in 1st. 

I mean ZF EcoDeaths for diesels and Allison DIEbrid systems. Buses that fall off hills are getting annoying.

Hah, I'm the opposite for the last two points. I hate anything older than S50s, and 6V92TAs piss me off more and more. Even S50s are getting old for me.

I'm not a big fan of anything older than a S50 either, but I'll tolerate it on trips.

ISL is the best. TLs ISL D60LFRs sound just like MiWays, which mean they sound sick.

I mean ISL D40LFs. They sound like S50 ones with extra screeching and "annoying to neighbours" on top.

Fun fact - TL D60LFRs don't have ISLs.

4 hours ago, buizel10 said:

I mean ZF EcoDeaths for diesels and Allison DIEbrid systems. Buses that fall off hills are getting annoying.

I'm not a big fan of anything older than a S50 either, but I'll tolerate it on trips.

I mean ISL D40LFs. They sound like S50 ones with extra screeching and "annoying to neighbours" on top.

Fun fact - TL D60LFRs don't have ISLs.

Oh I see what you mean. I found that our ZFs here are good ( a bit jerky), but I'm a B500 fan, not an Ep40/60 fan. 

I meant ISM in the LFRs, don't know why I said ISL. 

Going to be out in the cold for about 8 hours today... have I mentioned I really, really, really hate the winter? <_<

Gonna have to move to Sicily or something when I'm older lmao

29 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

Going to be out in the cold for about 8 hours today... have I mentioned I really, really, really hate the winter? <_<

Gonna have to move to Sicily or something when I'm older lmao

Aww come on its not even that bad.

I'm joking. Its pretty f ing cold. The snow has become rock hard. 

23 minutes ago, MiWay0310 said:

Currently performing the worst ever stint of studying witnessed by humankind. 

I blame it on the board. Too addictive. Not my fault at all whatsoever. 

Talk about it. I constantly keep checking the board when I have to go study, do homework, or something else. I have a bad habit of procrastinating, too.

My own thought that is related to above: I just can't seem to get myself to read a book for novel study at school, or anything in general. I don't know if it's just not interesting, or what. I have very good reading/comprehension skills, but I cannot get myself to read school books. I literally have to force myself to read it. I don't normally like reading books unless it's of a subject interesting to me, or if it's one that I love.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, MiWay0310 said:

Currently performing the worst ever stint of studying witnessed by humankind. 

I blame it on the board. Too addictive. Not my fault at all whatsoever. 

Only an idiot's post rate INCREASES during EXAM season. What a colossal moron. And there's nothing that can stop me from this either. Its a disease. CPTSBitis is what doctors diagnosed me with last night. 

• Haha 1

I think there should be a new rule added to guidelines saying "If you're moderation indefinitely please don't keep PMing the admins, create a new account, or keep posting the same content over and over. It may push you to be on moderation longer and we will let you know when we lift your restriction"

On 12/6/2017 at 9:09 PM, MiWay0310 said:

I like the ZF 6HP604C more and more every time I listen to one. 

BTW, Do you call it Zee-F or Zed-F? I hear a lot of people call it Zee-F but I personally call it Zed-F because I'm canadian and that's how we mostly say the last letter "zed".

27 minutes ago, ONQCBusFan said:

BTW, Do you call it Zee-F or Zed-F? I hear a lot of people call it Zee-F but I personally call it Zed-F because I'm canadian and that's how we mostly say the last letter "zed".

Zed F, the way it should be. Sounds cooler that way. Zee eff makes it sound soft, which it doesn't deserve. 

Who here uses Lyft? I heard it recently made its Canadian debut in Toronto this month. I managed to try the service firsthand for myself. Here are my observations:

Cons:
- growing pains involved with the app that the driver has issues with, but the service as a whole will improve over time
- no background notification feature unlike Uber
- lack of information regarding "surge pricing"
- does not offer an "UberPool"-like (carpooling) service 

Pros:
- Good service, but varies with the driver
- Transparent Pricing 
- Overall ride quality is excellent

Bottom Line:
While Lyft is starting to get oriented in Toronto, Canada on it's "First day on the job", there's always room for "continuous improvement".

This new years eve marks 30 years since I saw my first one (NYC broadcast on TV). I remember the ball drop was shaped like a "big apple". I even remember Ben Vereen's performance. :lol:

5 hours ago, RevEleven said:

This new years eve marks 30 years since I saw my first one (NYC broadcast on TV). I remember the ball drop was shaped like a "big apple". I even remember Ben Vereen's performance. :lol:

When I was growing up we had a choice of watching Lawrence Welk or Guy Lombardo. They both had pretty good New Year's Eve shows. Sometimes we would see the ball drop on TV. I recall Dick Clark hosting that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, captaintrolley said:

When I was growing up we had a choice of watching Lawrence Welk or Guy Lombardo. They both had pretty good New Year's Eve shows. Sometimes we would see the ball drop on TV. I recall Dick Clark hosting that.

Sweet. There are some clips of those old broadcasts on YouTube.

11 hours ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

Why does YouTube always have to show me the same exact ad before a video? It's also rather long. 

Try using Ad blocker, and the next time you watch a video on Youtube it will start right away.

• Like 1

ARP is making all the nickel nickels disappear.

I'll have to switch to hunting something else much less profitable in the next few years.

One of my hobbies will be ruined.

Just now, TransitfanJW said:

outcome?

Well.....the fact of the matter was that she had a boyfriend; however, she was open to hanging out in the lectures that we shared. I said she was really pretty and she said that was very sweet of me. She took it well, especially coming from me, a first timer. But was nervous af and felt sick before asking lol. Its a long story starting from last Tuesday. 

All in all, outcome wasn't as bad as I thought. But man is she ever nice, and equally pretty. 

• Like 2