The Random Thoughts Thread

buswizard

Still contemplating if I should invest in a DSLR or wait till later.
Go for it, I waited for mine and now I wish I didn't, because it's just awesome.

Anyway my random thought of the day: I just realized why no Transit System in Ontario has buses that are equipped with the red LED designation signs that they have at RTL and RTC in Quebec. It's because it's illegal under the Highway Traffic Act in Ontario to have any red lights shining forward, blue lights are illegal to have shinning any direction unless your a snowplow. So I don't know how the TTC gets away with those blue lights since they are pretty much illegal.

It doesn't mention anything about if it can be flashing or not, it just mentions a light. Though Amber is an unregulated colour of light. So you can legally stick an amber rotation beacon light on the top of your car and you'll be breaking no laws. You could even legally put a lightbar on your car as long as it only flashes amber.

Man was I lucky today, I was doing 150 for a short section on the 174 to see how fast I could get my Prius to go, and then I see a weird car on the other side with 3 lights, one in an odd position.

Now before I continue, I must say that a common strategy in Ottawa to enforce speed limits is to drive in one direction, and do radar on the cars going the opposite direction. All the cop has to do is subtract his speed from the radar and he gets your speed. It is a common strategy that Ottawa Police use, and obviously the cop used it in this situation.

Now mind you the speed limit is 100 on the 174. So I see this weird car trying to pull a U-Turn, and as I pass it, I realize it is a cop. Lucky for me there is no turn around spot for about another 0.5 kms in the direction the cop was heading and the ditch in the center is too steep for the cop to turn around in. So I got off at Montreal Road since that is the next exit, and the cop never got me. I never evaded the officer either as he didn't light me up yet so I didn't do anything bad.

• 3 months later...

Recently there has been a rash of things that I wanted to talk about on my mind and really didn't know where to post them or how to get the topic started. Anyways.......

The BP Oil Spill in the Gulf: Okay this CEO gets removed from the helm and gets another job at a different division still within BP, what the heck is going on. He should just quit and leave office for good and not return. Also what happened to the Tropical Storm or Hurricane that was supposed to make landfall in the region and never did, and the Oil Disappeared from the surface of the water.... me thinks that there is some kind of conspircy or cover-up.

South Korea / U.S. and North Korea: What idoits, I mean you are seriously provoking North Korea to react. Obviously asking for more trouble as tensions are already tense with neighbouring countries.

Wikileaks Founder: Wow good job in exposing the details of the war, I hope that you get you're ass rap** in prision and that the feds are coming for you. Lol what a moron, I'm not sure he knows what kind of trouble that he is getting into, but its too much information and sensitive information that was released onto the Internet. I'm not sure what the Pentagon is going to do, but its going to be nasty for sure for the US to cover up this ... what a can of worms to open up.

Recently there has been a rash of things that I wanted to talk about on my mind and really didn't know where to post them or how to get the topic started. Anyways.......

The BP Oil Spill in the Gulf: Okay this CEO gets removed from the helm and gets another job at a different division still within BP, what the heck is going on. He should just quit and leave office for good and not return. Also what happened to the Tropical Storm or Hurricane that was supposed to make landfall in the region and never did, and the Oil Disappeared from the surface of the water.... me thinks that there is some kind of conspircy or cover-up.

South Korea / U.S. and North Korea: What idoits, I mean you are seriously provoking North Korea to react. Obviously asking for more trouble as tensions are already tense with neighbouring countries.

Wikileaks Founder: Wow good job in exposing the details of the war, I hope that you get you're ass rap** in prision and that the feds are coming for you. Lol what a moron, I'm not sure he knows what kind of trouble that he is getting into, but its too much information and sensitive information that was released onto the Internet. I'm not sure what the Pentagon is going to do, but its going to be nasty for sure for the US to cover up this ... what a can of worms to open up.

WHY DOES YOUR FONT NEED TO BE SO LARGE?

Also what happened to the Tropical Storm or Hurricane that was supposed to make landfall in the region and never did, and the Oil Disappeared from the surface of the water.... me thinks that there is some kind of conspircy or cover-up.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2010/BONNIE.shtml?

I enjoy reading the discussions... TS Boonie never really regained a lot of strength after passing over Florida. However, I wouldn't doubt that it did churn the water to help disperse some oil.

This provides more information: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pdf/hurricanes_oil_factsheet.pdf