The Random Thoughts Thread

buswizard

Today I parked on a street with an 1 hour parking limit. So between first and second period I went out to move my car because my classes are 1 hour and 15 minutes. Right as I was about to turn the corner bylaw drove by with their passenger window down which means that they are chalking tires to enforce the parking limit.

Sure enough my tire was chalked. If I didn't move my car to the regular street I park at, by lunch I would have a ticket.

One of my friends asked me today "what would it look like if you cut off an erected penis?". Strange, but interesting question.....

You would look like:

1. your eyes pop 4 inches out of your sockets

2. You'd be very depressed for the rest of your life, especially if you are still a vir...............................gin.............er

I'll stop there.

Memory cards.

They're the same size, they're probably made of the same electronics, and yet a 16GB one costs way more than a 16MB one.

Think about it.

So true, I never thought about it like that. Especially if they are made of the same electronics.

im amazed how cheap SD cards have gotten in the past few years, i remember when 2gb cost over 40 dollars. three years ago i paid 30 something on a 2gb card and that was a cheap generic brand from tigerdirect, now they are under 20 dollars! even further first SD card i ever bought was 128mb card from radio shack for 30ish dollars!

I hate how Sony things are never compatible with other electronics. Their cell phones and cameras have to take this other type of "ProDuo" or something, while everything takes SD or MicroSD. Although my new camera, Sony DSC-W330 takes an SD card, apparently the first Sony camera to do so. :P

cameras and PSPs (excluding PSP go) use memory stick pro duos, sony ericcson phones and PSP go use memory stick m2s (sonys version of microsd) i have a psp 2000 and a sony ericcson w580i. although i think sony is slowly moving away from memory stick, they are supposedly making SD cards now

I hate how Sony things are never compatible with other electronics. Their cell phones and cameras have to take this other type of "ProDuo" or something, while everything takes SD or MicroSD. Although my new camera, Sony DSC-W330 takes an SD card, apparently the first Sony camera to do so. :P

Just like their video tapes were Beta and everyone else used VHS.

Although my new camera, Sony DSC-W330 takes an SD card, apparently the first Sony camera to do so. :P

I believe their DSLRs take SD as well.

The A100 might actually be the first Sony not to take a memory stick of some sort... at least as built. It only has a CF slot, but Sony did include a CF to memory stick adapter. Not sure if that was included with future DSLRs like the A200 and up. My A350 didn't come with one.