Stratford Transit

Downsview 108

So when is the best time to see their Fishbowl, classics, Orion I and Gliders?

Also what's the cheapest easiest way to get there by bus giving me enough time to fan and come back in a day? :P

Thanks

New Looks would have to be during school runs, but I have a feeling it may not run as much.

The rest of the buses would have to be a hit or miss as many times it's Eldorado in service. I saw one Glider when I was there last Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
1st gen HSR Novas..... 2nd life..... Very nice :( Cant wait to see Guelph's :D

Might be the wrong thread, but any reason to why only 6 made it to MTB??

I believe it has to do one of the better conditions what HSR has given.

But since this isn't ex-HSR, it's more of ex-Charlotte because of the front door and front ramp giveaway.

I believe it has to do one of the better conditions what HSR has given.

But since this isn't ex-HSR, it's more of ex-Charlotte because of the front door and front ramp giveaway.

Might be mere speculation, but could have MTB taken out the HSR's rear wheelchair ramp and installed a new in the front door??

And now that you mention it, those Nova's were beaten up pretty badly..... I remember riding one on the 35 back in '99, and the windows were leaking badly

Might be mere speculation, but could have MTB taken out the HSR's rear wheelchair ramp and installed a new in the front door??

And now that you mention it, those Nova's were beaten up pretty badly..... I remember riding one on the 35 back in '99, and the windows were leaking badly

I don't know about it, cause since we need to see the rear shot for giveaway for taillight style. It's a maybe for front door modification but that's a lot of work for doing it.

The Nova had too many shakes, with thanks to plastic materials.

• Root Admin

I don't know about it, cause since we need to see the rear shot for giveaway for taillight style. It's a maybe for front door modification but that's a lot of work for doing it.

The Nova had too many shakes, with thanks to plastic materials.

There were three HSR units out back, and one of them looks to have been stripped totally. 9706 and 9712 are still in one shape. Interesting that they painted the Alcoa rims white.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like it.

st9768.JPG

Looks like it.

Having to look at the image very carefully, it does look like an ex-HSR. I can tell the large rear door wheelchair sticker and front destination sign, that's HSR style. The front and rear door skirt for the wheelchair ramp also modified. Since the front door has modified, the overhead lights is off center. MTB did a amazing work then!

Okay I must say that old Nova looks awesome in Stratfords livery! Very nice! Thanks for the pix!

Having to look at the image very carefully, it does look like an ex-HSR. I can tell the large rear door wheelchair sticker and front destination sign, that's HSR style. The front and rear door skirt for the wheelchair ramp also modified. Since the front door has modified, the overhead lights is off center. MTB did a amazing work then!

Very interesting modifications!!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.stratfordbeaconherald.com/Artic....aspx?e=3210202

City rounds curve on accessible buses

By LAURA CUDWORTH STAFF REPORTER

All aboard.

Stratford has a refurbished fleet of buses and they're all accessible.

The fleet puts the city two years ahead of the provincial mandate that public transportation be accessible by 2013. Stratford is likely the first community to have a full-fleet of accessible buses, Mayor Dan Mathieson said.

"If we're not the first, we're one of the first two or three in the province," he said.

The accessible transit buses won't signal the end of mobility buses, which will still be necessary for people with more serious needs, but they will take some of the pressure off. Mathieson expects the demand for mobility buses to go down as the accessible buses hit the streets.

The transit buses will also allow for more freedom as the buses run from 6 a.m. until 10 p.m. and there's no waiting list, of course.

The buses were purchased with $438,000 in gas-tax funding from the province. MPP John Wilkinson noted there will be a "tsunami of people with mobility challenges" in the coming years as the number of seniors increases.

One bus is new and five others are refurbished buses from Hamilton. Mathieson lauded staff for finding the refurbished buses which has made the entire transit system accessible ahead of 2013.

The old buses, from the 1980s, will be replaced by the refurbished buses from the 1990s. Mathieson said the buses will be "good to go for quite some time."

Since just part of the fleet was accessible, buses would have to change routes if a passenger needing a ramp was headed in a direction not serviced by an accessible bus. That will no longer be an issue.

The buses will start running within the next couple of weeks.

Interesting article, but I really wish the media would do some research when they are doing an article. For the Mayor to say something as absurd as "If we're not the first, we're one of the first two or three in the province," it makes me think that he does not go out of town much. I realize it is a small town newspaper, but come on, at least do some fact checking.

Both are considered accessible. Say the Classics had a working lift and are in good condition and the new old Novas started the Classics would be one of the last HFs to retire. But since they arnt. They are doomed along with the Orion and the fishbowl. Come to think of it the fishbowl is in good condition. So would the fishbowl be kept as a school special or will the classics?