TTC 6210-6293 Retirements

Walk through the bus areas at Warden and wait until you see '102 Markham Road' written on the route # sign things. Can't get any clearer than that, sorry!

Can anyone confirm whether 6221 has been retired or not?

102 Markham Road is Bay # 3 at Warden Station.

6221 is the Island bus at the moment. It doesn't have SVASAS (stop calling system) installed.

102 Markham Road is Bay # 3 at Warden Station.

6221 is the Island bus at the moment. It doesn't have SVASAS (stop calling system) installed.

Good. I want to see more classics. If they lasted after christmas this is CPTDB's christmas present from the board to me. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of questions about 6221 (and the other 4 Classics)

1. Do Classics run outside rush hour?

2. Is the Toronto Island going to keep 6221 for good (since the bus is so close to retirement)?

3. If they do, will they have it scrapped or keep it as a display or something that visitors can look at and take pictures of?

4. If they don't, and send it back to the TTC, will it see any service, or will it be scrapped as soon as it comes back?

Thanks! :(

A couple of questions about 6221 (and the other 4 Classics)

1. Do Classics run outside rush hour?

2. Is the Toronto Island going to keep 6221 for good (since the bus is so close to retirement)?

3. If they do, will they have it scrapped or keep it as a display or something that visitors can look at and take pictures of?

4. If they don't, and send it back to the TTC, will it see any service, or will it be scrapped as soon as it comes back?

Thanks! :(

1. Not very often.

4. 6221 was brought back here for repairs, and 6225 IIRC was sent out for a few months as a replacement.

As for 2-4, the Island doesn't swallow it up permanately. It's come back (see above) and likely will by retirement. I'm not sure if it'll see service back on the mainland again though.

There have been other buses out on the Island, just the TTC doesn't publicize it.

1. Not very often.

4. 6221 was brought back here for repairs, and 6225 IIRC was sent out for a few months as a replacement.

As for 2-4, the Island doesn't swallow it up permanately. It's come back (see above) and likely will by retirement. I'm not sure if it'll see service back on the mainland again though.

There have been other buses out on the Island, just the TTC doesn't publicize it.

I hope 6221 sees service on the Mainland at least one more time. I really want to ride it. :(

I also hope that I catch a Classic outside of the rush hour when I go looking for some of them on the 102 on the 2nd of January

1. 102 Markham Rd. and 83 Jones are the two Classic routes, right?

2. Which of the two Classic routes do I have a better chance of catching a Classic on?

There is almost daily at least 3 Classics on Markham Road during the morning rush. Good place to catch one.

How about the PM Rush?

PM rush is meehhh... There may be and there may not be Classics on the 102. IMO, your best bet is to stick with the 83. Whenever Classics are out during PM on the 102, there has so far from what I've observed a max of 3. And one of them is usually on one of the 102B trippers (even thought it doesn't exist on the schedule).