TTC Orion VII Movement List

No, I didn't miss the part where you said the bus is full. But I'm calling BS on you using that as an excuse. On more than one occasion I have gotten off jampacked 123s SB at Sherway, where many more people were waiting to get on then got off, and the bus was able to take them. It took some doing, and I'm sure it wasn't very comfortable, but I doubt very much your bus was so full that a few more people wouldn't have been able to squeeze on. If it was, you should have called transit control and reported the problem, but that would have gotten in the way of your sitting around time.

Expecting a bus to not run early is being a perfectionist primadonna? What fascinating logic. What's the point of having a schedule if you're not going to even pretend to make an effort to follow it? If you came into my store, can I charge you 5x more for the product than it's actually worth and keep the extra money? Since apparently, having any kind of operational standards or rules seems to not be a thing, and just like you with your extra layover time, it would be far more convenient for me this way. 

Shame on you, and shame on the useless line supervisors who let you guys get away with bullshit like this, too.

1 minute ago, T3G said:

No, I didn't miss the part where you said the bus is full. But I'm calling BS on you using that as an excuse. On more than one occasion I have gotten off the 123 SB at Sherway, where many more people were waiting to get on then got off, and the bus was able to take them. It took some doing, and I'm sure it wasn't very comfortable, but I doubt very much your bus was so full that a few more people wouldn't have been able to squeeze on. If it was, you should have called transit control and reported the problem, but that would have gotten in the way of your sitting around time.

Expecting a bus to not run early is being a perfectionist primadonna? What fascinating logic. What's the point of having a schedule if you're not going to even pretend to make an effort to follow it? If you came into my store, can I charge you 5x more for the product than it's actually worth and keep the extra money? Since apparently, having any kind of operational standards or rules seems to not be a thing, and just like you with your extra layover time, it would be far more convenient for me this way. 

Shame on you, and shame on the useless line supervisors who let you guys get away with bullshit like this, too.

If you were actually there to see how loaded my bus was, it was in fact very full. Along North Queen, this is where I picked up the most individuals, and this is also where the run schedule became more padded, which allowed me to run ahead. The northbound trips to Kipling Station were always my most loaded ones.  If my bus is full, I just keep going, The passengers already onboard would crucify me if I pulled over to hold for time. 

As a captain of the ship, if I feel the bus is full, I am not going to try to pack it even further to sardines. 

As far as you trying to shame me, that is quite comical coming from a retail boy. Clean up needed in aisle 5 😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, T3G said:

No, I didn't miss the part where you said the bus is full. But I'm calling BS on you using that as an excuse. On more than one occasion I have gotten off jampacked 123s SB at Sherway, where many more people were waiting to get on then got off, and the bus was able to take them. It took some doing, and I'm sure it wasn't very comfortable, but I doubt very much your bus was so full that a few more people wouldn't have been able to squeeze on. If it was, you should have called transit control and reported the problem, but that would have gotten in the way of your sitting around time.

Im not trying to defend anyone being +7 as thats definetley not allowed, and i agree that it is annoying for the customers.

However, i can confirm that the 123C is always full. My friend did the 123C on weekend nights last board, and on weekday nights a few boards ago. Almost every NB C trip, the bus would be full to the line by manstor road, and then there would be 20+ people at the index walmart stop that would all get left behind. This was on every trip except for the last trip of the night. Then on some trips theres another 20-30 people waiting at medulla from the factories there that also get left behind, although at least the B/D buses can get those people.

The part im most suprised about is that you were able to get +7 on a 123C trip in the first place... that route is well known at queensway for having no time, my friend that did it was late every trip. If your lucky you get into kipling just in time to leave right away. On the B/D on a weekday it might be possible but i find that hard to believe on a C trip. 

4 minutes ago, QueenswayOp said:

As far as you trying to shame me, that is quite comical coming from a retail boy. Clean up needed in aisle 5 😂

Clearly the TTC's hiring standards have dropped considerably since the olden days. When they interviewed you did they check for anything other than the fact that you have a pulse?

And then people like you wonder why the general public has no respect for them. Why, indeed... 

@T3G in case you're wondering, the reason I liked @QueenswayOp's post is because of this part (as it actually does make sense as to why a bus might sometimes run early):

On 5/11/2024 at 11:02 PM, QueenswayOp said:

If my bus is full, I just keep going, The passengers already onboard would crucify me if I pulled over to hold for time. 

Not because of this:

On 5/11/2024 at 11:02 PM, QueenswayOp said:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, T3G said:

Clearly the TTC's hiring standards have dropped considerably since the olden days. When they interviewed you did they check for anything other than the fact that you have a pulse?

And then people like you wonder why the general public has no respect for them. Why, indeed... 

If his bus is full and yes the Sherway bus is always full in rush hour and he is driving according to the condition without his supervisor calling him out, the schedule is badly written and not really his fault.

• Like 3

@Mar_AC_23, for the main post on page 174:

1325, 1329, 1345 & 1349 were transferred to Arrow Rd last board

1390, 1397, 1416 & 1417 are still showing on the roster despite being decommissioned for a while now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mar_AC_23 said:

The 83s that don't move to Queensway will be moved elsewhere.

A bus that has about 15-20% of useful remaining life will be handed down to a garage that is NOT Queensway am I reading this correctly? In this economy? Wow miracles and surprises really do happen sometimes I think Birchmount or McNicoll are the top choices while the 3100s and 3200s are being rebuilt. Will you enjoy riding senior handmedowns if you see one on your local route? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

It makes more sense to send the 8300s to a division that already has some type of orion.
So cross out Eglinton and Birchmount. 

But a major point , I believe all bus operators are orion trained even if the operator is at eglinton and Birchmount that haven’t seen orion in years. That’s because TTC still uses the orion as a final testing bus still. Regardless of propulsion.  But correct me if I’m wrong. So if that’s true , on paper , all operators are orion diesel trained.

But I still think it makes more sense to send them a division with Orions. That’s if this information is correct. I know TTC does a lot of bone headed decisions, but why force them to another garage , just leave the remaining 8300 at wilson. They’re going to be replaced, I’m sure with the incoming EV buses.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Genius101 said:

A bus that has about 15-20% of useful remaining life will be handed down to a garage that is NOT Queensway am I reading this correctly? In this economy? Wow miracles and surprises really do happen sometimes I think Birchmount or McNicoll are the top choices while the 3100s and 3200s are being rebuilt. Will you enjoy riding senior handmedowns if you see one on your local route? 

Definitely. The east enders will want them to spice things up since there's way too much diesel Novas.

8 hours ago, FlyerD901 said:

It makes more sense to send the 8300s to a division that already has some type of orion.
So cross out Eglinton and Birchmount. 

But a major point , I believe all bus operators are orion trained even if the operator is at eglinton and Birchmount that haven’t seen orion in years. That’s because TTC still uses the orion as a final testing bus still. Regardless of propulsion.  But correct me if I’m wrong. So if that’s true , on paper , all operators are orion diesel trained.

But I still think it makes more sense to send them a division with Orions. That’s if this information is correct. I know TTC does a lot of bone headed decisions, but why force them to another garage , just leave the remaining 8300 at wilson. They’re going to be replaced, I’m sure with the incoming EV buses.

That basically means Malvern will get them based on what makes sense.

15 hours ago, Mar_AC_23 said:

A fleet shuffle will happen very soon which will land all of the NG HEVs to Malvern and most to all of the 3455-3569 fleet will reside at Wilson. The 83s that don't move to Queensway will be moved elsewhere.

Just for clarification sake @Mar_AC_23, though wishful thinking, would the OG HEVs also move too? They have 50 remaining and have WiFi like the 40 3400s. Some of the 1400s also have WiFi too and could be useful on the 102.

• Confused 3

On 5/14/2024 at 9:23 AM, Cityflyer said:

The east enders will want them to spice things up since there's way too much diesel Novas.

The nova diesels aren't very good for capacity or comfort, and have horrible dwell times, and the only thing they have going for them is powerful AC in the summer and having a brighter and more pleasant interior than the Orions or Flyers, also the rebuilds (most of them) have awful squealing engine sounds even though they are around 6-8 years old
The Flyers from experience have inconsistent build quality and are pretty sluggish, and odd interior layouts, but are nice buses overall
The 34-3600 nova hybrids in my opinion have the nicest seats and engine sounds but have ridiculous body lean through corners and ride pretty rough and still have bad dwells
The 7000 series Novas are more of the same but ride nicer and have worse seats
The Orions are consistently decent, and while their seats and interior aren't up to scratch, they have good ride comfort, solid doors that put up with loads of abuse and can close fast, they sound nice, and seat (and fit) the most people out of all the buses TTC has, and the 8100s still manage to look modern 15 years after they entered service
Some of the 8300s are cold in winter and aren't the nicest to be on though . . .

On 5/13/2024 at 9:47 PM, Genius101 said:

Will you enjoy riding senior handmedowns if you see one on your local route? 

So yes, based on my own experiences with the buses, I would be happy to see the old hand-me-down buses