TTC Orion VII Movement List

18 hours ago, MRD10 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but at one point in time, I think May 2020, Obico was filled with units, and stored about 30 to 40 units long term? And was this a result of storage issues at the then 8 garages?

If you go through the various movement threads, I think you'll see that the composition at Obico changed from week to week, if not day to day.

Yes, there were certainly a bunch of buses there, earlier in the year. I never stopped to even try to count them. And because they were parked in rows one behind the other, you wouldn't get fleet numbers for more than the first row; after that you might see if it was a hybrid or an LFS from the roofline, that's about all.

• Like 1

Here are the latest total number of buses at the garages :)

Arrow(289),Queensway(200*),Malvern(198*),Birchmount(300),Wilson(263),

Eglinton(243), Mount Dennis(278) McNicoll(269)

*As these are retiring, it is roughly estimated to be around that number.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't fully confirmed yet.

I've been hearing from others that TTC is considering to move half of the 1000 series VIIs to Arrow in exchange for Nova LFS HEVs. Please don't come bashing at me for this. But I think this is a good place to share this info even if it's not confirmed yet so.

• Like 1

Just now, The Queensway said:

This isn't fully confirmed yet.

I've been hearing from others that TTC is considering to move half of the 1000 series VIIs to Arrow in exchange for Nova LFS HEVs. Please don't come bashing at me for this. But I think this is a good place to share this info even if it's not confirmed yet so.

I've heard the same thing. Plus, 3482 is currently at MtD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shemar said:

I've heard the same thing. Plus, 3482 is currently at MtD.

I was wondering the same thing. But it’s currently buried by some service hold buses in the south corner. There are some 9200s there as well, but I assume they’re all there for brake work

12 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

I was wondering the same thing. But it’s currently buried by some service hold buses in the south corner. There are some 9200s there as well, but I assume they’re all there for brake work

The 9200's are there for cooling system preventative maintenance upgrades. I haven't heard anything official but it is possible the Hybrid swap rumour could become reality. Many operators have been complaining recently about the Orion hybrids not being able to keep up to speed on the highway runs. This coupled with a recent spike in mechanical issues could lead to some sort of movement in the near future. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BusFanForever said:

The 9200's are there for cooling system preventative maintenance upgrades. I haven't heard anything official but it is possible the Hybrid swap rumour could become reality. Many operators have been complaining recently about the Orion hybrids not being able to keep up to speed on the highway runs. This coupled with a recent spike in mechanical issues could lead to some sort of movement in the near future. 

Ahhh ok! Personally, I’m hoping that the remaining VII NGs get sent out to Malvern for their remaining LFS HEVs... but that’s just me

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

Ahhh ok! Personally, I’m hoping that the remaining VII NGs get sent out to Malvern for their remaining LFS HEVs... but that’s just me

I’m ok with that. Send my kid through medical school with the overtime that’ll bring.

Combine that with the imminent RT closure and pad my pension. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, BusFanForever said:

I haven't heard anything official but it is possible the Hybrid swap rumour could become reality. Many operators have been complaining recently about the Orion hybrids not being able to keep up to speed on the highway runs. This coupled with a recent spike in mechanical issues could lead to some sort of movement in the near future. 

Why not just return 927 to Arrow in exchange for another route. Or if that's too logistical, then why not confine Proterra's to Highway service. 

I don't see the point of a partial fleet swap to accommodate one route when there are easier (to my knowledge and understanding) alternative solutions available

1 hour ago, MRD10 said:

Why not just return 927 to Arrow in exchange for another route. Or if that's too logistical, then why not confine Proterra's to Highway service. 

I don't see the point of a partial fleet swap to accommodate one route when there are easier (to my knowledge and understanding) alternative solutions available

That would be the logical thing to do but when you have people who have no clue about the differences between bus models and probably haven't travelled on a bus in 20 years deciding these things, this is what happens. IIRC that have been occasionally using Proterras on the highway but they can't stay out all day without being charged.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BusFanForever said:

That would be the logical thing to do but when you have people who have no clue about the differences between bus models and probably haven't travelled on a bus in 20 years deciding these things, this is what happens. IIRC that have been occasionally using Proterras on the highway but they can't stay out all day without being charged.

Reminds me of the pre Orion VII days when 192 was ran by New Eglinton using D40LFs from across the city when they could've used Wilson's VIs to do it if they wanted LF buses on that route.

But that's a story for another day and has nothing to do with this thread. lol

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 10:35 PM, Orion V said:

Reminds me of the pre Orion VII days when 192 was ran by New Eglinton using D40LFs from across the city when they could've used Wilson's VIs to do it if they wanted LF buses on that route.

But that's a story for another day and has nothing to do with this thread. lol

Yeah, before the pre Orion VII when 191 used to operate by high floors buses. Novabus RTS used to operate 191 in Arrow Road but already banned from this route to due door problems while in the highway speeds. Idk if they might move some Orion VII Hybrid for exchange for Novabus LFS or Novabus LFS Artic. 

30 minutes ago, West Island Transit Fan said:

Same with the 26 and 127. I can't even think of a convenient relief point for Queensway operators on the 127. 

They'll have to go all the way to Spadina.

2 hours ago, Bessarion said:

Why not have Queensway take over 927 and give 46 to Mount Denis since both routes require a similar amount of buses.

The Orion diesels there have no issues on highways afaik. 

Did you check the service summary carefully? Peak runs on the 927 is closer to 20 while 9 are on the 46. That's twice as much. There was also a plan to place artics on the 927 which is probably why MtD inherited that route in the first place. 

1 hour ago, 7749 said:

If anything they should give 71 and 77 back to MTD in place for 927 at Queensway. 71 and 77 at Queensway never made sense in the first place.

I feel like MtD will claim them back after the Crosstown opens. There will be another shuffle once the two LRTs open in 2022/23.

14 hours ago, 7749 said:

If anything they should give 71 and 77 back to MTD in place for 927 at Queensway. 71 and 77 at Queensway never made sense in the first place.

Well, I like seeing the retro hand-me-downs on Alliance or even Lawrence. B)

3 hours ago, Eren Jaeger said:

I could be possibly considered either movement or preventative repairs but...

MtD>Mal: #1082, #1088, #1203, #1325, #1353, #1361, #1415, #1417

I think MtD has been sending their units to Malvern for either maintenance or  for MTO.

• Like 1