3 hours ago, Express Network said:

Obico is actually an unofficial subdivision of Queensway. While not classified as such, Queensway maintains the buses stored at Obico Training Compound.

Overall, ES buses and five COVID/Training buses will count as Queensway buses.

Uh, no.

The hybrids stationed at North Queen are maintained by Malvern, Queensway is only responsible for their 79/8000s parked there.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don’t dare drag me into this dumpster fire, I want nothing further to do with it.

1143 is at malvern getting an engine.

The Queensway rider persecution complex is mighty.

Posted Images

On 8/1/2020 at 1:40 PM, Bus_Medic said:

Uh, no.

The hybrids stationed at North Queen are maintained by Malvern, Queensway is only responsible for their 79/8000s parked there.

I see. Thanks.

On top of that, I used up @502 Downtowner’s legacy color codes but I added an eighth color for McNicoll as shown below going forward:

Arrow Road - Red
Birchmount - Cyan
Eglinton - Orange
Malvern - Blue

McNicoll - Gold
Mount Dennis - Pink
Queensway - Green
Wilson - Purple

I see. Thanks.

On top of that, I used up @502 Downtowner’s legacy color codes but I added an eighth color for McNicoll as shown below going forward:

Arrow Road - Red
Birchmount - Cyan
Eglinton - Orange
Malvern - Blue

McNicoll - Gold
Mount Dennis - Pink
Queensway - Green
Wilson - Purple

That’s good but refrain from using bus numbers in gold until McNicoll opens

Has anyone heard the news about the 1000s moving east again before McNicoll opens? It seems it is a possibility, but if so, get your pictures of the 1000s as much as possible in the west end before the end of the year. I’m no expert, but I have a buddy who works with the TTC.

@Bus_Medic @bus_7246 @leylandvictory2

5 minutes ago, Express Network said:

Has anyone heard the news about the 1000s moving east again before McNicoll opens? It seems it is a possibility, but if so, get your pictures of the 1000s as much as possible in the west end before the end of the year. I’m no expert, but I have a buddy who works with the TTC.

So what buses will Mount Dennis get if they’re 1000s are moving?

1 hour ago, Express Network said:

I'm no expert either, but wouldn't this be an unnecessary increase in costs? Something they're trying to minimize right now?

I heard we're losing some artics and getting some 40' Nova's but at this point it's just a rumour going around the garage. We'll see what happens in a few months.

2 hours ago, Express Network said:

From what I’ve heard, all the big fleets will generally remain at their divisions. The LFSes and the VII NG HEVs will shuffle around to reunite and I guess simplify fleet allocations

10 hours ago, Express Network said:

Yes, I have heard this.

It seems #8111, #8180, #8182 paid a visit to Malvern. What’s with Wilson buses popping up at Malvern in recent weeks?

13 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

From what I’ve heard, all the big fleets will generally remain at their divisions. The LFSes and the VII NG HEVs will shuffle around to reunite and I guess simplify fleet allocations

5 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Yes, I have heard this.

14 hours ago, BusFanForever said:

I heard we're losing some artics and getting some 40' Nova's but at this point it's just a rumour going around the garage. We'll see what happens in a few months.

So the plan calls for the 1000s to be split or the entire fleet moved? It’s not possible for Mount Dennis to get 12m LFS diesel or hybrid at some point.

What about Wilson VII NG diesel, Queensway, New Eglinton or Birchmount? Will they be unchanged for the opening of McNicoll or they have plans for them?

It seems #8111, #8180, #8182 paid a visit to Malvern. What’s with Wilson buses popping up at Malvern in recent weeks?

So the plan calls for the 1000s to be split or the entire fleet moved? It’s not possible for Mount Dennis to get 12m LFS diesel or hybrid at some point.

What about Wilson VII NG diesel, Queensway, New Eglinton or Birchmount? Will they be unchanged for the opening of McNicoll or they have plans for them?

Let me just put an end to this now. The only buses that will be moving are the VII NG HEVs, and LFSes of all kinds. None of the diesel will be moving! So for the love of us all, please stop begging for the 1000s to move since they are intended to stay at Mt Dennis

Those buses are probably training buses that will return to Wilson later on in the day

Excess shop capacity at malvern, Mostly due to the low average mileage and general newness of the nova hybrids. They’re  sending us MTO inspection repairs to keep us busy.

1 hour ago, bus_7246 said:

So for the love of us all, please stop begging for the 1000s to move since they are intended to stay at Mt Dennis

My source was the garage manager, so....

All the Orion VII OG and OG/NG hybrids are close to retirement. Give it 2-3 years and they'll all be out the doors. Wilson's NGs would be done mid 2020s. Then there'll be a big shuffle. Maybe we'll see new XDE40s or just some more Nova HEVs. Some of the 1000s were supposedly to retire next year and replacements are to be procured. Maybe they'll survive a bit longer cause of the pandemic.

4 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

All the Orion VII OG and OG/NG hybrids are close to retirement. Give it 2-3 years and they'll all be out the doors. Wilson's NGs would be done mid 2020s. Then there'll be a big shuffle. Maybe we'll see new XDE40s or just some more Nova HEVs. Some of the 1000s were supposedly to retire next year and replacements are to be procured. Maybe they'll survive a bit longer cause of the pandemic.

If the remaining Orion VII OGs and OG/NG hybrids are expected to be gone in the upcoming years is there a chance that Queensway division gets brand new bus deliveries to replace the 7900s and 8000s instead of receiving more handmedowns? 

1 hour ago, Genius101 said:

If the remaining Orion VII OGs and OG/NG hybrids are expected to be gone in the upcoming years is there a chance that Queensway division gets brand new bus deliveries to replace the 7900s and 8000s instead of receiving more handmedowns? 

You again? 😒 We've been over this... nobody wants to hear your unwarranted complaining.

Since there are zero tenders currently out for new buses, it's impossible to say what new buses will be arriving, or if the technology they're equipped with (hybrid, battery-electric, hovercraft, some future unknown technology) could even be accommodated at Queensway's current facility. So go away please until there's actually anything to discuss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Genius101 said:

Can I suggest a name change if you haven't figured out the answer.

If they don't tender anything in the fall, there is zero chances anything will arrive in 2021.

• Haha 6
17 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Can I suggest a name change if you haven't figured out the answer.

If they don't tender anything in the fall, there is zero chances anything will arrive in 2021.

So based on your answer.. That means 2006-2007 ORION Vll (7900-7979, 8000-8099) will last well into 2022, right? 

I thought it would be gone some point this year or next year since the older version of Orion Vll (7400-7882) were retired after 13-14 years. For example, 7620-7881 (7882 & 7883 included) first entered in 2005, and they were retired between 2017-2018. 

Given there are no significant new fleet orders until like next year.. do you think it will last until like 2022-2023?

The older NOVA from Arrow (7200-7251) lasted about 16-17 years (1998 to 2014/2015) and the older D40LF (7300-7350) lasted about 17-18 years (1998-2016)

1 hour ago, raptorjays said:

So based on your answer.. That means 2006-2007 ORION Vll (7900-7979, 8000-8099) will last well into 2022, right? 

I thought it would be gone some point this year or next year since the older version of Orion Vll (7400-7882) were retired after 13-14 years. For example, 7620-7881 (7882 & 7883 included) first entered in 2005, and they were retired between 2017-2018. 

Given there are no significant new fleet orders until like next year.. do you think it will last until like 2022-2023?

The older NOVA from Arrow (7200-7251) lasted about 16-17 years (1998 to 2014/2015) and the older D40LF (7300-7350) lasted about 17-18 years (1998-2016)

The S50 VIIs aren't a really good example to use as they were retired prematurely due to emissions concerns. They would have lasted a few more years otherwise. The ISL OG VIIs are only 13-14 years old right now, so I think they still have some life left in them.

Historically, buses with major issues (eg. CNG VIs, D40-87s, D40-90s, CNG 1990 Vs, etc) were the only ones that were retired prematurely (14-15 years old), due to structural issues and in the case of the VIs, difficulty with converting them to diesel. The 7900s/8000s don't have any real issues so I can see them going until 2023 or so.

• Like 1
On 8/19/2020 at 5:57 PM, raptorjays said:

Why would it mean that?

At the moment, there are plenty of spare buses that don't see service. Who knows what the situation will be in a few years, but it's possible that the TTC will simply retire unreliable buses and substitute the underused buses.

• 2 weeks later...