Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don’t dare drag me into this dumpster fire, I want nothing further to do with it.

1143 is at malvern getting an engine.

The Queensway rider persecution complex is mighty.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Shemar said:

#7925, #7926 are back at Queensway from Malvern. #7923, #7927 are at Malvern for VISION. #7932 is now at Obico.

These buses should stay at Queensway for the rest of their revenue service lives so when it comes time to replace them they can get the next batch of new deliveries in 2021-22. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Genius101 said:

These buses should stay at Queensway for the rest of their revenue service lives so they can get the next batch of new deliveries in 2021-22.

The chances of Queensway getting any new deliveries ever again is extremely low. Like it was said before, Queensway can't take any new deliveries that are not diesel buses due to the low height clearance of the facility, same goes for Birchmount. Who cares where the buses get delivered to, and where they operate in the city. As long as they can take me from point A to point B and the buses are maintained well by our hard working TTC mechs, then I'll be satisfied. Instead of always complaining about what handmedown buses Queensway receives why don't you try being thankful for what buses they get. You're acting like something bad is going to happen if Queensway gets handmedowns! Get over it already! It is what it is!

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Shemar said:

The chances of Queensway getting any new deliveries ever again is extremely low. Like it was said before, Queensway can't take any new deliveries that are not diesel buses due to the low height clearance of the facility, same goes for Birchmount. Who cares where the buses get delivered to, and where they operate in the city. As long as they can take me from point A to point B and the buses are maintained well by our hard working TTC mechs, then I'll be satisfied. Instead of always complaining about what handmedown buses Queensway receives why don't you try being thankful for what buses they get. You're acting like something bad is going to happen if Queensway gets handmedowns! Get over it already! It is what it is!

Birchmount actually delivered the last batch of the first gen Orion VIIs IIRC in 2005.

Keep in mind McNicoll is about to open in about six to eight months, expect bigger movements for the VII and LFS in all garages next year. I wouldn’t be surprised Comstock is keeping all the LFSes and BYDs.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Shemar said:

#8090, #8094, #8097, #8098, #8099 @ Obico Yard.

I know they are not training buses but since Queensway ran out of space in the main yard, Obico can be sometimes used as an overflow yard for Queensway in this regard (excluding Malvern training units).

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Express Network said:

I know they are not training buses but since Queensway ran out of space in the main yard, Obico can be sometimes used as an overflow yard for Queensway in this regard (excluding Malvern training units).

No, 79s and 80s are used for training at obico as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FlyerD901 said:

I went by Birchmount Division, they had an OG VII Disesel, unable to see the unit number. I'm not talking about the Event buses.

Was it a 2005 VII or a 2006-07 VII? I don't know by the looks of it but it could be possibly #7808.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Express Network said:

I know they are not training buses but since Queensway ran out of space in the main yard, Obico can be sometimes used as an overflow yard for Queensway in this regard (excluding Malvern training units).

The TTC should just close Queensway garage and build a new division in South Etobicoke with a larger capacity so it can store more buses. Plus the height clearence should be adjusted so it can handle new deliveries whether it's diesels, hybrids or electric buses.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Genius101 said:

The TTC should just close Queensway garage and build a new division in South Etobicoke with a larger capacity so it can store more buses. Plus the height clearence should be adjusted so it can handle new deliveries whether it's diesels, hybrids or electric buses.

Omg just get over it Queensway is not moving or closing nor is it getting any new buses anytime soon. Stop complaining about it or move to a different part of Toronto if you want to see new deliveries 

  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Genius101 said:

The TTC should just close Queensway garage and build a new division in South Etobicoke with a larger capacity so it can store more buses. Plus the height clearence should be adjusted so it can handle new deliveries whether it's diesels, hybrids or electric buses.

I hope you've got the money to bankroll that project yourself. Or are you expecting that the rest of us also chip in for this ultimate foamer vanity project?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to give a fool a soapbox to stand on, but the idea of including a bus division on the obico property, in concert with the Bloor Danforth line yard relocation has some merit.

But that’s for another thread, and decade.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...