TTC Orion VII Movement List

Over the span of this past month, I've seen Wilson giving up many of it's Orions to Malvern. But, I haven't seen it receive any vehicles back.

Are they being transferred to balance the return of the Artics? Or is it just not going to need that many buses?

3 hours ago, MRD10 said:

Over the span of this past month, I've seen Wilson giving up many of it's Orions to Malvern. But, I haven't seen it receive any vehicles back.

Are they being transferred to balance the return of the Artics? Or is it just not going to need that many buses?

The Orion’s are switching over from Wilson in exchange for the LFSA’s from Malvern. 

4 hours ago, MRD10 said:

The NG hybrids moving to Malvern now are replacing the LFS HEVs moving to Arrow and soon will be replacing the artics moving to McNicoll

8 hours ago, MRD10 said:

Not every division is going to get something back. Like MTD.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 7749 said:

Not every division is going to get something back. Like MTD.

So if MTD isn’t getting any thing in return how will they operate the 927 Express if they’re hybrids aren’t reliable on the highway. if you think about it MTD hasn’t had any routes that operate on highways

5 hours ago, Young said:

So if MTD isn’t getting any thing in return how will they operate the 927 Express if they’re hybrids aren’t reliable on the highway. if you think about it MTD hasn’t had any routes that operate on highways

Mount Dennis has runs on 300A. Their hybrids seem to be fine on those runs. Not to mention, prior to Arrow Rd losing their NGs, they would show up once in a while on 191 with no problems. Also, I sometimes see Malvern's NGs deadheading back from York Mills Station on the 401. So it seems to me whatever problems the TTC had with the Orion hybrids on the highway in their early days has been worked out.

4 hours ago, Young said:

I don't think reliability is an issue. They might not be as good on the highway like slow acceleration, unable to reach 100 km/h with a full load or using more fuel cause of the smaller engine.

57 minutes ago, MRD10 said:

Are there still any units located at the North Queen & Kipling (Obico) yard? Or has the opening of McNicoll garage allowed them to return to their respective garages?

Besides EMS and ES buses, a few Malvern NG HEVs i believe, that's all

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 7749 said:

Besides EMS and ES buses, a few Malvern NG HEVs i believe, that's all

6 hours ago, Ed T. said:

Yes, some ES buses in grey livery, 7957, and a few NG hybrids (six or seven?) are all that's there today.

Correct me if I am wrong, but at one point in time, I think May 2020, Obico was filled with units, and stored about 30 to 40 units long term? And was this a result of storage issues at the then 8 garages?

44 minutes ago, MRD10 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but at one point in time, I think May 2020, Obico was filled with units, and stored about 30 to 40 units long term? And was this a result of storage issues at the then 8 garages?

Some units were storage, some for training.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MRD10 said:

7*. The video for McNicoll is a tidbit off on the number of operating garages (unless they are counting the facilities at Hillcrest, then ignore me)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bus_7246 said:

7*. The video for McNicoll is a tidbit off on the number of operating garages (unless they are counting the facilities at Hillcrest, then ignore me)

Likely counting Lakeshore as an active garage, although it only serves Wheel-Trans. But yes, 7 (now 8 ) active garages for the conventional bus fleet.

• Like 1