TTC Orion VII Movement List

52 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

Confirmed.

-have fun watching them go.

my workload just increased by about 20% ?

So far, the plan is to get 80 buses from the #1500-#1689 batch to replace the 76 10/11xx units at Malvern? If that goes to plan, this leaves Birchmount the last division with the non-NG Orion VIIs.

Unless Malvern will pick up Wilson's 1500s if that's the theoretical case.

39 minutes ago, BYD said:

So far, the plan is to get 80 buses from the #1500-#1689 batch to replace the 76 10/11xx units at Malvern? If that goes to plan, this leaves Birchmount the last division with the non-NG Orion VIIs.

Unless Malvern will pick up Wilson's 1500s if that's the theoretical case.

Wouldn’t assume anything just yet

1 hour ago, Bus_Medic said:

Confirmed.

-have fun watching them go.

my workload just increased by about 20% ?

Hooray! The Orion VII OG HEVs (or frankly, any HEVs) were never meant for long-distance, suburban journeys. It's great to see them reallocated to urban, stop-and-go routes, which is just what MtD has plenty of. (And a homogenous fleet would help save maintenance costs, too, especially with the new storage facility.) Let the good times at Malvern roll!

7 minutes ago, Transit geek said:

Hooray! The Orion VII OG HEVs (or frankly, any HEVs) were never meant for long-distance, suburban journeys. It's great to see them reallocated to urban, stop-and-go routes, which is just what MtD has plenty of. (And a homogenous fleet would help save maintenance costs, too, especially with the new storage facility.) Let the good times at Malvern roll!

That’s a lot of typing for only one hand....

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

We moved a total of 10 units this morning. From what I've heard the plan is to trade non rebuilt NG's for the remaining 1000's and some rebuilt NG's. Around 100 buses are supposed to be moved this month. All this could change at a moments notice so just sit back, keep the foam to a minimum and see what happens over the next few weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Transit geek said:

Since your knowledge of the mechanical workings of these buses is so extensive, what can you tell us about the NGs? Why are they so much better suited for high speed trips than the OGs?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Transit geek said:

Is this the purpose of the movement or is it something else?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Transit geek said:

8 hours ago, nagaBus said:

With that movement, Malvern has at least one bus from all the 10xx-18xx series for the time being.

4 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Yeah. Ask him.

He’s the authority on the subject. Yes. Tell us. What is the reason?

AFAIK for @Bus_Medic you guys had #1100-#1149 when Mt. Dennis opened 10 years ago. I think Mt. Dennis might consolidate the entire #1000-#1149 batch like how Arrow Road did in the first two years. Same with how #1075-#1099 wounded up from Wilson two years later.

Back on topic, #1564 has joined Malvern's roster.

13 hours ago, Transit geek said:

You mention that any HEV were not meant for long "suburban" distances, but Malvern is still getting HEVs...

You just contradicted yourself right there.

10 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

Since your knowledge of the mechanical workings of these buses is so extensive, what can you tell us about the NGs? Why are they so much better suited for high speed trips than the OGs?

Makes me wonder how he got wiki editing privileges

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BYD said:

AFAIK for @Bus_Medic you guys had #1100-#1149 when Mt. Dennis opened 10 years ago. I think Mt. Dennis might consolidate the entire #1000-#1149 batch like how Arrow Road did in the first two years. Same with how #1075-#1099 wounded up from Wilson two years later.

Back on topic, #1564 has joined Malvern's roster.

That’s what they’re doing, not why.

still waiting for the answer from our resident guru, transitgeek.

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, BYD said:

Wilson had 1050-1099. All 150 1000s were delivered to Arrow Rd. When Mount Dennis opened they got moved from Arrow Rd and broken up, 1000-1049 at Mount Dennis, 1050-1099 at Wilson and 1100-1149 at Malvern.

BTW, I can't believe Mount Dennis is already going to be a decade old this year. The weekend it opened doesn't seem like it happened that long ago.

6 minutes ago, wil9402 said:

Wilson had 1050-1099. All 150 1000s were delivered to Arrow Rd. When Mount Dennis opened they got moved from Arrow Rd and broken up, 1000-1049 at Mount Dennis, 1050-1099 at Wilson and 1100-1149 at Malvern.

BTW, I can't believe Mount Dennis is already going to be a decade old this year. The weekend it opened doesn't seem like it happened that long ago.

1000-1049 were at Arrow Rd until 2010

15 minutes ago, wil9402 said:

The movement started around early May 2010. Wilson's 50 were the first to go. 25 went to MtD and 25 to Malvern. I remember the days of seeing 1051 and 1056 at MtD. I still remember seeing 1079 at WIlson Station on the 29 in May that year. That unit was moved shortly after. Arrow sent their 50 a couple weeks later, perhaps early June. By mid June, Most, of not all of them were at MtD or Malvern.