MT0603

NHL Discussion

3,594 posts in this topic

RECAP

• Bryan Rust and Patric Hornqvist pick up the goals and Marc-Andre Fleury makes 29 saves for the shutout as the Penguins blank the Capitals 2-0 and take the series 4-3. The Penguins will take on the Senators in the Eastern Conference Final.
  • Nick Ritchie scores the tiebreaking goal early in the third period while John Gibson makes 23 saves as the Ducks finally snap their Game 7 losing streak at 4, by doubling up the Oilers 2-1. The Ducks will take on the Predators in the Western Conference Final.

PREDICTION RECORDS

newflyerinvero - 2nd round: 3-1, Overall: 8-4

Gregory - 2nd round: 2-2, Overall: 7-5

38 Highland Creek - 2nd round: 2-2, Overall: 7-5

CONFERENCE FINALS SCHEDULE

EASTERN CONFERENCE

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS vs. OTTAWA SENATORS

ALL-TIME SERIES: PENGUINS LEAD 3-1

• Game 1: Saturday, May 13 - 7:00pm - Ottawa at Pittsburgh - NBC, Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports
  • Game 2: Monday, May 15 - 8:00pm - Ottawa at Pittsburgh - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
  • Game 3: Wednesday, May 17 - 8:00pm - Pittsburgh at Ottawa - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
  • Game 4: Friday, May 19 - 8:00pm - Pittsburgh at Ottawa - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
  • *Game 5: Sunday, May 21 - 3:00pm - Ottawa at Pittsburgh - NBC, CBC, TVA Sports
  • *Game 6: Tuesday, May 23 - 8:00pm - Pittsburgh at Ottawa - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
  • *Game 7: Thursday, May 25 - 8:00pm - Ottawa at Pittsburgh - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

WESTERN CONFERENCE

ANAHEIM DUCKS vs. NASHVILLE PREDATORS

ALL-TIME SERIES: TIED 0-0

• Game 1: Friday, May 12 - 9:00pm - Nashville at Anaheim - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
  • Game 2: Sunday, May 14 - 7:30pm - Nashville at Anaheim - NBCSN, Sportsnet, TVA Sports
  • Game 3: Tuesday, May 16 - 8:00pm - Anaheim at Nashville - NBCSN, Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports
  • Game 4: Thursday, May 18 - 8:00pm - Anaheim at Nashville - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
  • *Game 5: Saturday, May 20 - 7:15pm - Nashville at Anaheim - NBC, CBC, TVA Sports
  • *Game 6: Monday, May 22 - 8:00pm - Anaheim at Nashville - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
  • *Game 7: Wednesday, May 24 - 9:00pm - Nashville at Anaheim - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

*if necessary

PREDICTIONS

• Senators in 6
  • Ducks in 7

I had went 3 of 4 in Round 2, selecting Nashville, Pittsburgh, Ottawa. The only one I did get wrong was Anaheim. But great action in that round. Bring on Round 3! Since the first game of the Nashville/Anaheim series begins on Friday at 9pm EDT, I have time before making my picks. They're going to be toughies!

While the playoffs are going on, Dallas Stars made a trade with the Los Angeles Kings. The Stars sent a 4th round pick to the Kings in exchange for the exclusive negotiating rights to goaltender Ben Bishop.

RECAP

Ryan Johansen and Mattias Ekholm each pick up a pair of assists and James Neal scores the overtime winner as the Predators take a 1-0 series lead with a 3-2 victory.

On 5/11/2017 at 2:35 AM, Gregory said:

CONFERENCE FINALS SCHEDULE

EASTERN CONFERENCE

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS vs. OTTAWA SENATORS

ALL-TIME SERIES: PENGUINS LEAD 3-1

• Game 1: Saturday, May 13 - 7:00pm - Ottawa at Pittsburgh - NBC, Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports
  • Game 2: Monday, May 15 - 8:00pm - Ottawa at Pittsburgh - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
  • Game 3: Wednesday, May 17 - 8:00pm - Pittsburgh at Ottawa - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
  • Game 4: Friday, May 19 - 8:00pm - Pittsburgh at Ottawa - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
  • *Game 5: Sunday, May 21 - 3:00pm - Ottawa at Pittsburgh - NBC, CBC, TVA Sports
  • *Game 6: Tuesday, May 23 - 8:00pm - Pittsburgh at Ottawa - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
  • *Game 7: Thursday, May 25 - 8:00pm - Ottawa at Pittsburgh - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

WESTERN CONFERENCE

ANAHEIM DUCKS vs. NASHVILLE PREDATORS

ALL-TIME SERIES: TIED 0-0

• Game 1: Friday, May 12 - 9:00pm - Nashville at Anaheim - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
  • Game 2: Sunday, May 14 - 7:30pm - Nashville at Anaheim - NBCSN, Sportsnet, TVA Sports
  • Game 3: Tuesday, May 16 - 8:00pm - Anaheim at Nashville - NBCSN, Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports
  • Game 4: Thursday, May 18 - 8:00pm - Anaheim at Nashville - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
  • *Game 5: Saturday, May 20 - 7:15pm - Nashville at Anaheim - NBC, CBC, TVA Sports
  • *Game 6: Monday, May 22 - 8:00pm - Anaheim at Nashville - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
  • *Game 7: Wednesday, May 24 - 9:00pm - Nashville at Anaheim - NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports

*if necessary

PREDICTIONS

• Senators in 6
  • Ducks in 7

My Round 3 Predictions:

Pittsburgh Penguins over Ottawa Senators in 6

Anaheim Ducks over Nashville Predators in 6

RECAP

Bobby Ryan picks up the overtime winner and an assist as the Senators take game 1 in Pittsburgh by a score of 2-1.

Okay. Since Game 1's have already ocurred with both series, I'[ll make this quick:
Ottawa in 6 and Anaheim in 6.

Not my drumbeat, but Pittsburgh's a strong team. I would say Sid the Kid will reach the finals in 7, and predict they would face the Preds.

RECAP

Phil Kessel scores the lone goal of the game with just under 7 minutes to go in regulation and Marc-Andre Fleury makes 23 saves for his 10th career playoff shutout as the Penguins tie the series 1-1 after a 1-0 victory over the Senators.

Recap

Roman Josi scores a PPG with 2:43 to go in regulation and Pekka Rinne only had to make 19 saves as the Predators double up the Ducks by a score of 2-1 and take a 2-1 lead in the series.

RECAP

Those "boring" Ottawa Senators erupt for 4 goals in the first period, including three a franchise record span of 2:18, as they pummel the Penguins 5-1 and take a 2-1 series lead.

Sidenote: I love how people are saying the Senators can't sell out their home games during the playoffs. The capacity at the CTC is 18,572, and there was only one game where it was below that number, and it was a Saturday afternoon game.

RECAP

Ducks blow a 2-0 lead in the third period, but Corey Perry gets a fortunate bounce off P.K. Subban and scores the overtime winner as the Ducks even up their series with the Predators at 2-2 after their 3-2 victory. This result snaps the Predators' home winning streak at 10.

RECAP

• Jake Guentzel picks up 2 assists while Matt Murray makes 24 saves as the Penguins edge the Senators 3-2 and tie the series 2-2.

RECAP

Pontus Aberg scores the game-winner in the 3rd period as the Predators beat the Ducks 3-1 and take a 3-2 series lead.

RECAP

• Penguins score 3 powerplay goals as they crush the Senators 7-0 and take a 3-2 series lead.

Colton Sissons scores a hat-trick and Pekka Rinne makes 38 saves as the Predators double-up the Ducks 6-3 and take the series 4-2 to advance to the Stanley Cup Final.

On 5/14/2017 at 6:21 PM, Transit geek said:

Not my drumbeat, but Pittsburgh's a strong team. I would say Sid the Kid will reach the finals in 7, and predict they would face the Preds.

So I was half-right! Let's wait for the outcome of PIT@OTT tonight.

RECAP

Chris Kunitz scores twice, including the series winner in double-overtime, as the Penguins edge the Senators 3-2 and take the series 4-3.

NEWS & NOTES

Chris Kunitz becomes the oldest player in NHL history to score a game 7 overtime winner.

The Penguins win their first ever game 7 at home after losing a game 6 on the road.

The Senators fall to 0-6 all-time in game 7's.

STANLEY CUP FINAL SCHEDULE

• Game 1: Nashville at Pittsburgh - Monday, May 29 - 8:00pm - NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports
  • Game 2: Nashville at Pittsburgh - Wednesday, May 31 - 8:00pm - NBCSN, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports
  • Game 3: Pittsburgh at Nashville - Saturday, June 3 - 8:00pm - NBCSN, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports
  • Game 4: Pittsburgh at Nashville - Monday, June 5 - 8:00pm - NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports
  • *Game 5: Nashville at Pittsburgh - Thursday, June 8 - 8:00pm - NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports
  • *Game 6: Pittsburgh at Nashville - Sunday, June 11 - 8:00pm - NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports
  • *Game 7: Nashville at Pittsburgh - Wednesday, June 14 - 8:00pm - NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

*if necessary

All times Eastern.

PREDICTION RESULTS FROM ROUND 3

Transit geek: 2-0

38 Highland Creek: 1-1

newflyerinvero: 0-2

Gregory: 0-2

STANLEY CUP PREDICTION

Pittsburgh in 6