NHL Discussion

MT0603

On 3/7/2021 at 12:19 AM, BroncoFan623 said:

My favorite team is the Nashville Predators, because I am from Tennessee.

I hope for your team's sake, that the Predators can get good returns in trades for many of their players. It's time to restock the cupboards and rebuild.

On 6/27/2020 at 12:29 AM, Gregory said:

I liked the draft lottery when it first started, but over the past decade, it's become an absolute joke. IMO, they should go back to having the draft positions based on end-of-season points percentage.

Pittsburgh getting out of bankrutpcy and 'magically' getting Sidney Crosby 'saved their franchise'. Are we really to believe that wasn't rigged then? I can go on with Wayne Gretzky when in LA playing for the Kings going to the Stanley Cup in '93 as the NHL wanted to grow the hockey brand in California and what way to do that is to have the brightest star of the league at that time reach the cup final. 

Anyway....

The hit by Tom Wilson wouldn't be a suspension if this wasn't Tom Wilson. I think he just doesn'tcare anymore and no matter how many times he's suspended and for how long, he'll be back and will do so again.

46 minutes ago, newflyerinvero said:

I hope for your team's sake, that the Predators can get good returns in trades for many of their players. It's time to restock the cupboards and rebuild.

Pittsburgh getting out of bankrutpcy and 'magically' getting Sidney Crosby 'saved their franchise'. Are we really to believe that wasn't rigged then? I can go on with Wayne Gretzky when in LA playing for the Kings going to the Stanley Cup in '93 as the NHL wanted to grow the hockey brand in California and what way to do that is to have the brightest star of the league at that time reach the cup final. 

Anyway....

The hit by Tom Wilson wouldn't be a suspension if this wasn't Tom Wilson. I think he just doesn'tcare anymore and no matter how many times he's suspended and for how long, he'll be back and will do so again.

Yeah. I hope so.

17 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

I'm a Caps fan lol. I didn't know we had an NHL forum on here though lol. Should I do an NBA or NFL forum or its already been made? 

The Caps are my second favorite team. I think that would be cool. And, maybe one for NCAA football?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Toronto Maple Leafs' Auston Mattews, Edmonton Oilers' Connor McDavid & Pittsburgh Penguins' Sidney Crosby are the 2021 finalists for the Ted Lindsay Award.

This evening on Sportsnet at 7pm, the NHL will hold its Draft Lottery. The Buffalo Sabres have the best odds to land the number one overall pick.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ready for the 2021-22 season? A full 82 gaje season, including the debut of the league's 32nd franchise, the Seattle Kraken.

With that, here's where I think these teams will finish:

EASTERN CONFERENCE - ATLANTIC DIVISION:

1) Tampa Bay Lightning 

2) Toronto Maple Leafs

3) Florida Panthers

4) Montreal Canadiens

5) Boston Bruins

6) Ottawa Senators 

7) Detroit Red Wings

8: Buffalo Sabres

EASTERN CONFERENCE - METROPLITAN DIVISION:

1) N.Y. Islanders

2) Carolina Hurricannes 

3) N.Y. Rangers

4) Washington Capitals

5) New Jersey Devils

6) Columbus Blue Jackets

7) Pittsburgh Oenguins

8: Philadelphia Flyers

WESTERN CONFERENCE- CENTRAL DIVISION:

1) Colorado Avalanche

2) Winnipeg Jets

3) Minnesota Wiod

4) Chicago Blackhawks

5) Dallas Stars 

6) St. Louis Blues

7) Nashville Predators

8: Arizona Coyotes

PACIFIC Division:

1) Vegas Golden Knights

2) Edmomton Oilers 

3) Vancouver Canucks 

4) L.A. Kings

5) Calgary Flames

6) Seattle Kraken

7) Anaheim Ducks 

8: San Jose Sharks

Burning questions:

1) Where will Jack Eichel be traded to and will be 100% Healthy to return to his AllStar self?

2) How well will the expansion Seattle Kraken do in their inaugural season?

3) How many goals will Alex Ovechkin score to get closer to Wayne Gretzky all-time goals record?

4) How many goals will Auston Matthews score?

5) Stanley Cup finalists:

Vegas Golden Knights over Tampa Bay Lightning.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Round 2 picks:

Tampa Bay Lightning in 5
Carolina Hurricanes in 6
Edmonton Oilers in 6
Colorado Avalanche in 6

On 5/17/2022 at 8:48 PM, newflyerinvero said:

Round 2 picks:

St. Louis in 6, 

Calgary in 7 ,

N.Y. Rangers in 6,

Tampa Bay in 7.

Toronto Maple Leafs' forward Mitch Marner was a victim of a carjacking. 

He's ok.

Maybe he shoulda taken the TTC.?