Broward County Transit just took delivery of this New Flyer articulated:

J. S. Bach

100_4393.jpg

100_4394.jpg

They (more are on the way) are for use on our new 95 Express service to and from downtown Miami from southwest Broward County. The service is funded by Florida DOT and starts on 24JAN10. I hope to be on the first trip.

More of our equipment can be seen here:

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn148/J...ch/BCT%20buses/

Note New Flyer 9734, it was one of two buses equipped with TwinVision Allled signs as demonstrators:

Bus9734-01.jpg

DE60LFAs? If so, what are those vents in the upper panelling above the middle and rear doors?

Broward always seems to go with Sutrak for their HVAC. And the Sutrak units noticably have vents along the side. Perhaps those vents can't be covered if the units are to operate properly.

Broward always seems to go with Sutrak for their HVAC. And the Sutrak units noticably have vents along the side. Perhaps those vents can't be covered if the units are to operate properly.

I wonder if this is a diesel version, if so it's the first time on BRT style!

Interesting, because the NFI site lists those Phoenix units as DE60LFA's.

As for the Broward County units, I'm going to go with Adrian's guess and say that it's D60LFA with vents for the Surtak A/C units due to the position of the vents and the fac that all the photos of DE60LFA's that I've seen don't have those vents.

Nice pictures anyway!

Interesting, because the NFI site lists those Phoenix units as DE60LFA's.

Are you referring to the page with the bus images? If that's the case, they list Long Beach Transit's GE40LFA as a "DE40LFA", so the information might not be completely correct.

Even though it's not always the most reliable source, I find it necessary to mention that Wikipedia lists the Phoenix BRT artics as "D62LFAs".

Are you referring to the page with the bus images? If that's the case, they list Long Beach Transit's GE40LFA as a "DE40LFA", so the information might not be completely correct.

Even though it's not always the most reliable source, I find it necessary to mention that Wikipedia lists the Phoenix BRT artics as "D62LFAs".

Case noted - thanks.

Looks like the D62LFA is in reference to the extended end found on New Flyers with an ISM engine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Here are the pictures from the first trip on the first day (25JAN10):

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn148/J...h/95%20EXPRESS/

Wow!! Way cool! Thanks for sharing the photos and I didn't see it recently. I saw looks inside new buses is look so amazing! I am never see it before. I'm glad you guys took a nice photos opportunity. I'm sure the new buses will done very well. I have heard I-95 Express routes will be changed. I'll find out any more news from BCT if they approved from Broward County Commissions by last week.

• 4 weeks later...
I have heard I-95 Express routes will be changed. I'll find out any more news from BCT if they approved from Broward County Commissions by last week.

They did. Starting today, there is a second BCt 95 Express route, from the Miramar Town Center. Also, the original route from C. B. Smith Park Park-n-ride in Pembroke Pines will no longer serve Golden Glades transportation center, but remain on I-95 all the way to downtown Miami (the Miramar route won't serve GG either)

Details

Looks like the 0900s will work the Miramar route, so I guess the Pines route will switch to 40-footers. I'll try and find out (I live in Pines a few miles west of C. B. Smith Park).