Bombardier

Guest Guest_MaT_*

Guest Guest_MaT_*

I just went on Bombardier's website looking for someone I can email to talk about Windsor's idea to have a commuter rail in the area(really to have them come do a demo in the area for a bit), but I don't know which one of the contacts to email. I was gonna suggest them trying something with the LRC coaches(with maybe an F40 or F59 pulling). I was gonna talk to them about it and show them a drawing/map of Windsor that I made for the lines that could be used. But before I ask them to do it, I was gonna email the Mayor(or someone close up) and ask them about it, and maybe meet with them even if it takes a month to make a time to see them. I know that all the municipalities in the area would have to all agree and make some temporary station-like areas to do the testing, but in the end if it gets approved and Windsor does get Commuter Rail, the results would be well worth the investment. Motor city=5 cars for every family! This is something that I really want to do soon, try to get the Mayor himself, or with the surrounding leaders to approve a demo period for trains going around the Windsor area. Of course we would have to work it all out(the plan, how we're gonna do it). Maybe far-fetched but it can work. Here's what I'm talking about in short:

-I need an email for someone at Bombardier to talk about it later.

-Contact Mayor/someone close to that and discuss the plan

-Contact Bombardier and discuss the plan

-Persuade both to agree, work together and carry out the plan that is made

I just went on Bombardier's website looking for someone I can email to talk about Windsor's idea to have a commuter rail in the area(really to have them come do a demo in the area for a bit), but I don't know which one of the contacts to email. I was gonna suggest them trying something with the LRC coaches(with maybe an F40 or F59 pulling). I was gonna talk to them about it and show them a drawing/map of Windsor that I made for the lines that could be used. But before I ask them to do it, I was gonna email the Mayor(or someone close up) and ask them about it, and maybe meet with them even if it takes a month to make a time to see them. I know that all the municipalities in the area would have to all agree and make some temporary station-like areas to do the testing, but in the end if it gets approved and Windsor does get Commuter Rail, the results would be well worth the investment. Motor city=5 cars for every family! This is something that I really want to do soon, try to get the Mayor himself, or with the surrounding leaders to approve a demo period for trains going around the Windsor area. Of course we would have to work it all out(the plan, how we're gonna do it). Maybe far-fetched but it can work. Here's what I'm talking about in short:

For the LRC coaches and F40 you would need to contact VIA not Bombardier. For an F59 you would need to contact GO.

Bombardier may have built the equipment but they don't operate it.

Bombardier has demo units though dont they? If not, then I'll send an email to Via, GO, and maybe CN or CP if I can't get any engine demos from Via or GO.

Bombardier would have no LRC demos, the design is over 25 years old.

As for locos they don't have any.

The only demos Bombardier has is for LRT type cars.

It's been my experience that Bombardier is difficult to contact being a "lay-person". You'd need to contact them by phone if possible, or at least be involved in a promotion group of sorts, or better yet,a company or municipality buy their products. When I tried, it took me several months to get ahold of someone at Bombardier to discuss Monorail stuff for Waterloo Region.

It's been my experience that Bombardier is difficult to contact being a "lay-person". You'd need to contact them by phone if possible, or at least be involved in a promotion group of sorts, or better yet,a company or municipality buy their products. When I tried, it took me several months to get ahold of someone at Bombardier to discuss Monorail stuff for Waterloo Region.

But there is a difference between Monorails, which they do still build, and LRC's, which they don't.

They don't build LRCs???? What do you think the passenger cars for the ACELA program with Amtrak are? The JetTrain program is the jettrain engine and an updated version of the LRC passenger coaches.

They don't build LRCs???? What do you think the passenger cars for the ACELA program with Amtrak are? The JetTrain program is the jettrain engine and an updated version of the LRC passenger coaches.

The tilting system is similar, but that's about all. The cars are built totally differently than the LRC's, and with different materials, to different standards.

And for the record, the now-dormant JetTrain project consisted of exactly one power car (built from a spare Acela shell/frame) and one USDOT ex-Metroliner car loaned for testing.

Dan

I remember reading on Bombardier's website that the ACELA coaches were updated LRC coaches. Oh well. There's another project that will never get off the ground-JETTRAIN! Windsor-Quebec corridor jet on rails proposal that flew right into the ground never to rise again...at least with the money VIA is getting.

Acela and LRC have nothing in comman, aside from the following:

-Banking system (as mentioned by Dan)

-Both built by Bombardier

-Both run on Standard gauge

Saying that the Acela is an updated LRC is like saying the Ford Focus is an updated Model T. They are both cars, have four wheels, etc.