LYNX (Central Florida Regional Transit Authority)

On the February Board Report, Lynx announced the authorization to purchase 7 Proterra 35ft electric buses and 9 Gillig BRTPlus CNG buses.  https://www.golynx.com/corporate-info/board-reports-detail.stml?portalProcess_dd_0_1_1=showPublicEvent&calendar_entry_id=5983

Also, on the March Board Report, Lynx announced that buses 645 and 11-309 are being retired. https://www.golynx.com/corporate-info/board-reports-detail.stml?portalProcess_dd_0_1_1=showPublicEvent&calendar_entry_id=5999

On 2/22/2020 at 7:05 PM, Chris.A said:

Did LYNX ever had RTS's?

On 2/28/2020 at 11:24 AM, alexb320 said:

Sadly, no. Would have been cool to see pictures of RTS' in different colors.

Yes they did. I also recall riding them.

Lynx 516 Orlando ex-Fayetteville NC 2-1994 mb

Lynx 518 mb

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Does LYNX Still Operate Phantoms Like VOTRAN Does For Training? I Know LYNX Doesn't Have Any In Revenue.

On 4/11/2020 at 6:11 PM, Big CJ said:

Yes they did. I also recall riding them.

Lynx 516 Orlando ex-Fayetteville NC 2-1994 mb

Lynx 518 mb

Those Are Nice Buses. Kinda Looks Like Greyhound's Current Scheme.

Edited by CATMAN MEDIA GROUP
"Does Are Nice Buses" to "Those Are Nice Buses".
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

A couple things..

1st) Are any NABI's still in service?

2nd) I'm assuming we should find out what the 2021 buses should be soon.. Which, will most likely, Be NFI, Since they are the current contract holder. That will be cool to see a LYNX XN40 being that its a change and all the colors they will be in.

13 hours ago, FLtransitPhotos said:

A couple things..

2nd) I'm assuming we should find out what the 2021 buses should be soon.. Which, will most likely, Be NFI, Since they are the current contract holder. That will be cool to see a LYNX XN40 being that its a change and all the colors they will be in.

The Nabis are still on the active roster, but I don't know how much they are actually used since I haven't seen them on the tracker since late in 2019. Its possible they are used for training, but I'm not sure. 

The 25 new 2020 Gilligs are now in service. Like you said, its likely that the 2021 buses will be XN40s. Also, there should be 6 more Proterras in 2021 on top of the 8 that came earlier this year.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, FLtransitPhotos said:

A couple things..

I remember seeing a NABI on the tracker in May or June, which was surprising considering they had so many other vehicles to choose from and lower ridership.

According to the LYNX board report, the 25 buses are to be purchased from the FDOT state contract. It doesn't specifically say NFI, but going off that "state contract" mention, I'd say they'll be NFI XN40s.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 12/15/2020 at 2:17 PM, CentralFLTransitFan said:

I remember seeing a NABI on the tracker in May or June, which was surprising considering they had so many other vehicles to choose from and lower ridership.

According to the LYNX board report, the 25 buses are to be purchased from the FDOT state contract. It doesn't specifically say NFI, but going off that "state contract" mention, I'd say they'll be NFI XN40s.

So how do state contracts work? Do many systems piggy back orders off of other systems?

• Like 1
On 12/15/2020 at 2:17 PM, CentralFLTransitFan said:

Are these units will likely be similar to Miami-dade Transit CNG Xcelsiors by negotiating contracts with Trillium CNG counterparts. 

• Like 1
On 1/15/2021 at 6:11 PM, Chris.A said:

So how do state contracts work? Do many systems piggy back orders off of other systems?

Basically a Major System gets ahold of a contract for buses which can become a state contract which companies "Piggy Back" from.

• 3 months later...

New buses are hitting the streets in Orlando. These buses are numbered 323-421 to at least 331-421 per the transsee tracker. I'm guessing these are Gilligs, but cannot confirm yet. Anyone else know?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 6:41 PM, alexb320 said:

New buses are hitting the streets in Orlando. These buses are numbered 323-421 to at least 331-421 per the transsee tracker. I'm guessing these are Gilligs, but cannot confirm yet. Anyone else know?

Those are Gilligs. 

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Some info from the May Board Report. The following buses are now officially retired: 586, 588, 592, 606, 608, 611, 6116, 619, 623, 628, 633, 803, 806, 808, 814, & 815.

https://www.golynx.com/corporate-info/board-reports-detail.stml?portalProcess_dd_0_1_1=showPublicEvent&calendar_entry_id=6664

Also, on April 28th, I saw T605 running on the Transsee app. I'm pretty sure this is 605, which was already retired, running as a training bus. I'm not sure if it is a normal Lynx practice to run training buses/drivers on revenue routes.

The new June Board Report is out. Lynx will vote to exercise the option for more New Flyer XN60 buses. It doesn't exactly say how many, but this likely will be for only 3 buses. One to replace 287-619(Which I guess they deemed a total loss) and to replace 26-610 & 27-610.

https://www.golynx.com/corporate-info/board-reports-detail.stml?portalProcess_dd_0_1_1=showPublicEvent&calendar_entry_id=6676

• 1 month later...