LYNX (Central Florida Regional Transit Authority)

4 hours ago, gilligfanboi said:

I was driving by the downtown Orlando LYNX station on I-4 today and saw a 40-foot Proterra Catalyst parked out front. I assume this was a demo unit. Not sure what will come from it, if anything.

LYMMO service would be a natural fit...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2016 at 7:59 PM, gilligfanboi said:

Hopefully anything but pink. So glad to see pink Gilligs being retired here!

Pink buses are still being used. I saw a pink CNG not too long ago. Pink is the signature color for Lynx and something I don't expect to be phased out. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2016 at 0:42 AM, Big CJ said:

Pink buses are still being used. I saw a pink CNG not too long ago. Pink is the signature color for Lynx and something I don't expect to be phased out. 

I was talking about the light pink color they've used on older Gilligs and on some artics, if I'm not mistaken. They aren't painting new buses in that color. Newer ones are more of a magenta. The magenta is fine. It's the light pink that I just can't stand. Thankfully, it's dwindling.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2017 at 0:58 PM, H4 5600 said:

Seen today behind a mall in fort lauderdale, ex lynx phantom 361. 362 can also be seen there in the google street view screenshot, but it was not there today.

20170319_110712.jpg

Screenshot_2017-03-17-22-50-52.png

Excellent discovery, those two along with 353 were the last 1998 Phantoms in revenue service after 2011 and had the longest lifespan of any bus Lynx owned in a long time too. Those two had well over a million miles on them when they retired. They and 353 were all withdrawn in 2013. 353 is owned by a karate school.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/14/2016 at 3:06 PM, ABQ RIDE said:

I wonder what colors did LYNX paint its XN60s in.  So far I have seen photos of them in Red and Blue.

I've seen XN60s in Green and Pink, and I also rode on a UCF wrapped XN60 on Link 50 once!

4 hours ago, ianscott95@gmail.com said:

I've seen XN60s in Green and Pink, and I also rode on a UCF wrapped XN60 on Link 50 once!

I saw some photos on the web of the pink ones, but none in green.  I did see some in orange though.

I wish LYNX would paint more buses in light pink.  I wonder why that color is no longer used by LYNX.  Was fading a problem with that color?

6 hours ago, ABQ RIDE said:

I saw some photos on the web of the pink ones, but none in green.  I did see some in orange though.

I wish LYNX would paint more buses in light pink.  I wonder why that color is no longer used by LYNX.  Was fading a problem with that color?

I'm so thankful LYNX has stopped using that light pink. What an awful color for a bus. The dark pink they use now is not great, but it's far less offensive than the light pink they used to use. I'll be happy when the remainder of the light pink buses retire.

In general, I'm not a fan of pink in transit applications. Perhaps it's because of Delta's particular choice of pink on its breast cancer awareness 767-400. Such a failure of a plane, made worse by the color. Perhaps that's why I dislike pink on buses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have 56 buses on order on the five year capital improvement program, 31 paratransit, 10 40ft buses, and 15 articulated buses. Finally, Lynx buses will get life extensions. Johnson had a discussion about this and the comments on companies refurbishing Lynx buses and keeping them on the road is an understatement at best. It's been going on before Lynx even became Lynx.

592770d2bcc26_BusLifeExtension1.thumb.jpg.3ade0e68f6fadff9f54dd5f2e2fccb71.jpg592770d994946_BusLifeExtension2.thumb.jpg.e8401c72a21f02eb8029e8a8d4b445ba.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

While nothing new to note, Ex-Lynx buses 318, 321, 322 are back in Orlando operating for a shuttle company. There are a number of other former Lynx buses that are known to survive. Recently, 247 which was on Craiglist back in May is now on it's way to St. Cloud to become a party bus. 305-309 are at Indiana Bus Leasing.

303 is still with STS. 316, 329, 330 are owned by Greenway Transit Services. There are several Orion Vs that are still alive out there and some Flxible Metros from Lynx might still be existing. 283 is still owned by Gainesville as a training bus and a number of 2005 Phantoms are up for sale in Kissimmee.

Here is the board report for Lynx.

https://www.golynx.com/core/fileparse.php/97315/urlt/07-26-2018-Board-Report-Pkg.pdf

Authorization to Award a Contract to New Flyer for the purchase of up to seventy-five(75) CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) sixty-foot (60’) articulated buses with a not-to-exceed amount of one million ($1,000,000) dollars per vehicle. The Contract term is three (3) years with the option to extend two (2) one (1) year periods. Lynx will only be purchasing 15 at this time, so no they won't be getting 75 at once.

There will also be remanufactured Cummins engines for buses built between 2012-2015. Buses are starting to get vinyl seats to replace the old seats they originally had. Buses built between 2010-2015 will be part of this process.

With all this talk of new buses, I'm bored as heck seeing Xcelsiors and the older BRTs provide a slight bit of variety in place of the CNG BRTs. So I'll post these pics of older Lynx buses. Here are a few right now. These shots were taken by Melvin Bernero.

Lynx 511 mb Lynx 607 mb Lynx 518 mblynx 625

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
On 8/1/2018 at 9:14 PM, Big CJ said:

Here is the board report for Lynx.

https://www.golynx.com/core/fileparse.php/97315/urlt/07-26-2018-Board-Report-Pkg.pdf

Authorization to Award a Contract to New Flyer for the purchase of up to seventy-five(75) CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) sixty-foot (60’) articulated buses with a not-to-exceed amount of one million ($1,000,000) dollars per vehicle. The Contract term is three (3) years with the option to extend two (2) one (1) year periods. Lynx will only be purchasing 15 at this time, so no they won't be getting 75 at once.

There will also be remanufactured Cummins engines for buses built between 2012-2015. Buses are starting to get vinyl seats to replace the old seats they originally had. Buses built between 2010-2015 will be part of this process.

With all this talk of new buses, I'm bored as heck seeing Xcelsiors and the older BRTs provide a slight bit of variety in place of the CNG BRTs. So I'll post these pics of older Lynx buses. Here are a few right now. These shots were taken by Melvin Bernero.

Lynx 511 mb Lynx 607 mb Lynx 518 mblynx 625

Is this the old picture in the 2000s

33 minutes ago, The Neoplan Rider Studios said:

Is this the old picture in the 2000s

These pictures are from around the mid 90s. 1994-1996. The Gillig Phantoms replaced the Grummans, Flxible Metro As,  and the used equipment.